Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
JW Central vs. Ren Wangfujing

Looking for feedback on the above two properties. Me (PP), spouse (Plat) & two kids (10 & 7) will be in BJ in June. Currently booked at Imperial Mansion Exec Apts but rethinking after reading this thread. Would need to book two rooms vs. one at Exec Apts but not that big of a deal for us. Priorities are as follows:

- Breakfast buffet option also offered to Plats in addition to EL (looks like Ren may not offer this)
- Upgrade chances for PP/Plat even on points/certs for 2 night (Sat/Sun) stay
- Proximity to historic sites - Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square
- Overall service level / kid friendly

Currently leaning toward JW Central from what I've read thus far based on following reasons but would welcome comments based on recent experience.

- JW Central offers breakfast buffet option to PP/Plat
- More suites at JW hopefully increasing upgrade chances (do they offer suite upgrades for PP/Plat at this location?)
- Reasonable proximity to historic sites although not as close as Ren it appears
- JW service level appears better vs. Ren and EL at Ren sounds like it can get really crowded vs. JW

Comments welcome, including any regarding Imperial Mansion Exec Apts experience.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Marriott Hotels--Bejing...Advise Please

I'm traveling to Beijing soon and will stay at a Marriott property. This will be my first visit to Beijing. For those who know these hotels, I would appreciate your advice.

So...in choosing between the JWMarriott Beijing or the JWMarriott Beijing Central, which is the better property for services, amenities and location? Also, do both have the M Club?

Many thanks for your imput!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
I'm traveling to Beijing soon and will stay at a Marriott property. This will be my first visit to Beijing. For those who know these hotels, I would appreciate your advice.

So...in choosing between the JWMarriott Beijing or the JWMarriott Beijing Central, which is the better property for services, amenities and location? Also, do both have the M Club?

Many thanks for your imput!
How did you narrow it down to those two choices if you've never been there? Location is key in Beijing because of the traffic (e.g sure the RC Financial Street is plush, but it might as well be on Mars).
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by moondog
How did you narrow it down to those two choices if you've never been there? Location is key in Beijing because of the traffic (e.g sure the RC Financial Street is plush, but it might as well be on Mars).
Actually, my partner is making the reservations and thought the JWs would be the nicest. Thanks for the heads up regarding location/traffic. Which location is best for ease of transportation, proximity to touristy things. Being a first-time visit, your knowledge of Beijing is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
The JW's in Beijing. The JW Central is newer by about 6 years & slightly west of the square near subway line 4 which is only a couple stops to the BJ south rail station.
Service is low tone Chinese, but the EL has excellent english speaking staff + great local Chinese food in the morning & in the evening. They even have a couple computers in the EL with VPN's.

The older JW, built for the 2008 Olympics, is on the east side in Chaoyang, Near 4th ring road & about 1 block from busy subway line1. Great western buffet breakfast + the modern EL will have kore western dish's , also with great staff. Nearby is the RC + a large shopping mall.

BTW, both have traffic issues during rush hour.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jiatong
The JW's in Beijing. The JW Central is newer by about 6 years & slightly west of the square near subway line 4 which is only a couple stops to the BJ south rail station.
Service is low tone Chinese, but the EL has excellent english speaking staff + great local Chinese food in the morning & in the evening. They even have a couple computers in the EL with VPN's.

The older JW, built for the 2008 Olympics, is on the east side in Chaoyang, Near 4th ring road & about 1 block from busy subway line1. Great western buffet breakfast + the modern EL will have kore western dish's , also with great staff. Nearby is the RC + a large shopping mall.

BTW, both have traffic issues during rush hour.
Thank you Jiatong. Very helpful!! Would you say both hotels, since they both are near subway lines, are equally good for getting to the typical sightseeing locations in the city? Excuse my ignorance but what is RC? Thanks!!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
RC = Ritz Carlton
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Renaissance Wangfujing, stayed here in Nov 2017 have to say was very impressed with the hotel and staff. The rooms are amazing, the showers are some of the best I have in a hotel, the lounge was huge and the food was outstanding, for breakfast they have a combination of Western and Chinese and for the evening once again Western and Chinese. I truly feel this hotel sets the standard for all Renaissance hotels.

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Property website says this:

Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 0600-2400
Private access floor
Complimentary food:
- Continental breakfast
- midday snack
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
- late night snack
Reporting back before I ask my new question...:-): Lounge was open at 9:30p when I arrived, but both food- and drinks-service had ceased. I was able to squeeze a glas of wine out of the remains that was called cocktail hour but then resigned to order something from room service in terms of food and drink as that was pretty reasonable...

That said this year I will have three days in Beijing over an extended weekend before heading to my business-destination in China...any suggestions where to stay? My primary requirements would be easy access to public transportation for sightseeing and to get back to the airport (I got burned last time at the CY NE when the taxi took almost an hour to the airport in the early morning). RCs and St. Regis are not in my range, but apart from that everything else is within my allowance for that time.

Thanks for your input here!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:39 pm

First time visiting Beijing, will be there for 3 days only. Trying to decide which hotel to stay at and would appreciate some advice.

I'm currently considering either the Renaissance Wangfujing or the JW Marriott Beijing Central.
They both look to be about a 10-15min walk to nearest subway station.

Considering they're both category 3s, which one would you guys recommend, if considering this trip will be purely for site-seeing and doing touristy stuff.

I'll be Marriott PPE if that makes any difference.

TIA
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:45 pm

These were my top two choices and I chose the JW Marriott Beijing Central for my first trip in April.

It is much closer to the subway. If you type in the name into Google Maps, it has it in the wrong location (further west than it should be). Search Beijing Yuecai Mansion instead. It is only ~5 minutes away from a subway entrance. That was the main reason why I kept going back to it when trying to decide. A short walk and 2 lines intersect at that station.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by wcj1
These were my top two choices and I chose the JW Marriott Beijing Central for my first trip in April.

It is much closer to the subway. If you type in the name into Google Maps, it has it in the wrong location (further west than it should be). Search Beijing Yuecai Mansion instead. It is only ~5 minutes away from a subway entrance. That was the main reason why I kept going back to it when trying to decide. A short walk and 2 lines intersect at that station.
Many people don't want to stay downtown.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by wcj1

Oh.... I see, this must have something to do with the GPS shift in China. Using satellite view on Google maps seem to show me the correct location for this hotel.

I think I'm leaning towards the JW as well, compared to the Renaissance.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Oh.... I see, this must have something to do with the GPS shift in China. Using satellite view on Google maps seem to show me the correct location for this hotel.

I think I'm leaning towards the JW as well, compared to the Renaissance.
Baidu is more accurate than Google, and also shows lots of small retail establishments that Google doesn't pick up.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Apologies for asking a lot of questions here but I am spending 23 hours in Beijing. Arrive 6pm one day and out 5pm the next. The 2nd day will most likely be a drive up to the Wall and then head to the airport. I dont think I can do both the forbidden city and the wall in one day and be at the airport for a 5pm flight?

So want to make the most of the evening before (~8pm onwards) and dont mind taking cabs/cars. So with that in mind, whats the best hotel to stay to see some sights during the night and then be able to take a car up to Mutianyu (or somewhere else by the Wall) the next morning? Also, can you still see things from the outside at night in the forbidden city area? If not, whats a good place for a stroll/ some touristy things after 8pm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.