Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:07 pm

Hi there, I'm booked at the JW Marriott Beijing Central. Do you guys feel the Renaissance Wangfujing would be a better choice? Location is the number one key. Same amount of points for either. Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I will post my review here because there does not seem to be a separate master thread for the JW Marriott Hotel Beijing @ 83 Jian Guo Road, next to Ritz (and not to be confused with JW Central or Marriott City Wall).

This was an excellent standard room, much nicer and larger than JW Bangkok or Marriott Tang Plaza Singapore. Appears very updated, and the views are pretty good (though generally too far to see the historic stuff). The service levels were fabulous, each request was met promptly no matter the hour. No-fee ATM in basement (and tons in the nearby mall). Did not have access to 22nd Fl EL so can't comment on that. Wifi was fast.

On the minus side, buffet breakfast in the lobby restaurant was a bit pricey for what you get (not as good as others I've seen). Also did not appreciate being addressed by the ugly hooker near the elevator @9am.

However there are a ton of restaurants of all price ranges in the mall and office building basement across the street. You'll find everything from Starbucks and Subway to Da Dong (excellent roast duck). The location is also next to a metro station that is only a couple of stops from Tianamen Sq and other historic sites. Airport transit is provided in BMW, Mercedes, and Audi sedans, and they have a rep with a sign meet you at the gate (and to security on the outbound side).

One weird note - returned to my room @11am to find myself locked out, even though the key flashed green. Returned with the desk clerk and did not have a problem getting in. I got the impression maybe somebody had locked from the inside (state security??) but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Overall an excellent property, I would gladly stay here again.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I had an apartment at China central place between 05 and 08. Back then, it was a booming area. But, it's honestly fallen off the radar since line 10 emerged. And, it is not "a couple of stops from Tienanmen". (I don't really care about such...just sayin'. If the fuli Renaissance hadn't whored itself out to the airlines, it would be my number one pick. Since they went this route, Northeast is the winner by default (but, many of you will dislike the location).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
I had an apartment at China central place between 05 and 08. Back then, it was a booming area. But, it's honestly fallen off the radar since line 10 emerged. And, it is not "a couple of stops from Tienanmen". (I don't really care about such...just sayin'.
You are confused - I was not reviewing the "JW Central"
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Boraxo
You are confused - I was not reviewing the "JW Central"
I've never been to the JW Central. I was talking about the JW at China Central Place (华贸).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As mentioned above I stayed the Ren Wangfujing for two days in March. The place is relatively new and not all processes sorted out, but decent enough for the price. With zero status I had reserved a normal room on the corporate rate for 680 all in. A colleague had booked a club level room and wanted me to book it too. So made a second flex reservation. The agent at checkin noticed and was very apologetic that my room was not ready. He offered me to upsell my corporate reservation to club access for 345 RMB/day and gave me a better room with view of the forbidden city. Breakfast downstairs was very nice, the offerings in the club too. The club has spectacular views, especially at night. The offerings there during the day are very nice too. The meeting room is practical, although someone ignored our reservation and just started to hold a meeting there and we had to wait. The room keys are coded till 4pm of the departure, so I enjoyed the club in the afternoon after checking out while waiting for my colleagues to arrive.

The room I stayed in was small but decent. The showe in the ceiling didn't work, repeated reminders to the front desk wouldn't resolve the issue either.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:13 am

We have a 7-day leisure trip planned for early July this year.

Would like some input regarding choice of hotels for a points stay.

Priorities are:

1 - Access to 'awesome' breakfast buffet in hotel restaurant for Plat members. We had this at the Marriott Orchard Road, Singapore and we are spoiled.

2 - Access to metro stations for transportation to tourist areas

I have read all posts in this thread since 2010. Would love feedback on Plat access to restaurant buffets as well as any / all feedback on the newer properties in BJ.

We are currently booked at JW Central but I am leaning towards changing this to the JW Beijing. Understand that Marriott NE is a nice property but I do not have information about the breakfast buffet and understand that there is a bit of a walk to the metro.

Any info on Ren Wangfujin breakfast buffets for Plat!?

Thanks in advance!

-j
Old May 6, 2015, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Ren breakfast offerings are opulent, but not comparable to what you would find in S'pore, as it is dominated by typical chinese menu choices. A club level room gave me non-elite access to the breakfast buffet downstairs, I would assume a plat would get the same.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Ren breakfast offerings are opulent, but not comparable to what you would find in S'pore, as it is dominated by typical chinese menu choices. A club level room gave me non-elite access to the breakfast buffet downstairs, I would assume a plat would get the same.
Thanks Oliver!

We actually prefer the non-American offerings on these buffets so it sounds like the Ren Wangfujin may work well for us.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

-j
Old May 19, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Which one is better: JW Marriott Hotel Beijing or JW Marriott Hotel Beijing Central

Hi folks,

I will be traveling to Beijing soon, and I would like to redeem my Marriott rewards points to stay at JW Marriott hotels there.

I noticed that there are two JW hotels in Beijing, JW Marriott Hotel Beijing and JW Marriott Hotel Beijing Central.

I wondered if anyone had stayed at both hotels and could make a comparison.

Thank you!
Old May 19, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I've stayed at the JW Marriott Beijing. This is the older of the two properties. I have absolutely no complaints. Of course they did upgrade me to a 1000 sq ft, 3 room (1 bedroom), 2 bathroom suite. Excellent service in the concierge lounge (open weekends) and the option of having breakfast there or in the restaurant.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/GS, MR Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I stayed at the central back in Feb. Hotel was very nice. The lounge was great, rooms were pretty standard, service was slightly less than other JWs in Asia. But I would recommend it if I was ever back in Beijing.

The location is good but not great, about 1.5 miles to Tiananmen square but only a block from the Hepingmen station. There's also a Starbucks right around the corner (actually in both directions) if you need a western fix. Definitely out of the main tourist area but close enough you can get there quickly if need be.

The hotel is very new so make sure you have a the name and directions written down as many cabs don't know where it is.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
I've stayed at both.

JW Marriott Beijing --

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in seven years of traveling around Europe and Asia. It is a little on the older side just by years, but the decor is still tastefully modern, the room sufficiently spacious and warm, and amenities top notch. The other benefit of age is experience: the staff here are well-trained and friendly and know what they're doing. As a plat, if you spend much time in the lounge and are at all social, in a few days all the staff will have learned your name and possibly your drink preferences. The only real downside I can cite is that it is usually packed, so can feel crowded during prime times.. but that can add a sense of dynamism if you are a social type. Well, and its right next to a power plant, so your view might be of a smokestack if you get a room on the east wing, but I think I only had a room there once in probably two dozen stays.

The location is decent; it is fairly straightforward to get to from the airport and will cost about 100 CNY in a taxi. You can also take the train without too much effort. There is a large upscale mall across the street with a good food court and grocery store in the basement and a few restaurants at the top. There's not much tourism in the immediate neighborhood, but there is a metro station a short walk away (on the far side of the mall). If you're getting out of town, this hotel is probably faster than the other, but its further from downtown attractions. In the general area, you can walk up to a nice park with a german beer garden, go see the pants building, or visit Beijing's tallest tower (with a swanky bar at the top, good for a sunset cocktail) if you want a stroll.

JW Marriott Beijing Central --

The Central is of course much newer, so it may seem a bit "shinier," but I don't think of it as having nicer amenities per se. The gym is not as well-equipped as the other JW, though its possibly a bit larger and is on the top with a view rather than inside on the mezzanine level. The rooms are slightly larger but I can't say they're any better. The hotel restaurant is larger but has the same food; I actually think I liked the layout of the other JW restaurant better, for breakfast anyway, just because its all in a smaller area that's easier to get around. The lounge is maybe slightly smaller but is less densely packed and has higher ceilings, so has a nice airy feel to it, plus there's a small balcony patio space from which you can (barely, if the air quality is good) see the Forbidden City. The fun bit of the lounge, which the other JW lacks, is they have a bartender who will make you a special drink of the night a few nights of the week. I had a good mojito and martini that I can recall offhand.

The location is more central to downtown, as you'd guess from the name. Its also a short walk, just over a block I think, to a metro station. You can also walk to Tienanmen and the Forbidden City in less than 30 minutes. There's a mall next door, but I didn't spend as much time exploring it -- it didn't seem very popular when I did briefly walk around. I vaguely recall a few fast food type places (including a Starbucks, as noted above) but don't remember specifics. I don't think of the immediate neighborhood as being interesting on its own. The airport is probably 20 minutes further away and I think the taxi fare was about 130 CNY. If you're exploring Beijing, this may be the more well-connected and positioned hotel.

I stayed at the JW Beijing for years (before the Central hotel opened), so it has a special place in my heart, but I hesitate to give you a definitive recommendation -- preferences are always variable depending on our interests. In the end, they're both very nice, high quality hotels at which I'm sure you'll have a lovely stay.

If you have more specific questions or features you want to compare, post a follow-up message and I'll offer what I can.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shigernafy
I've stayed at both.

JW Marriott Beijing --

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in seven years of traveling around Europe and Asia. It is a little on the older side just by years, but the decor is still tastefully modern, the room sufficiently spacious and warm, and amenities top notch. The other benefit of age is experience: the staff here are well-trained and friendly and know what they're doing. As a plat, if you spend much time in the lounge and are at all social, in a few days all the staff will have learned your name and possibly your drink preferences. The only real downside I can cite is that it is usually packed, so can feel crowded during prime times.. but that can add a sense of dynamism if you are a social type. Well, and its right next to a power plant, so your view might be of a smokestack if you get a room on the east wing, but I think I only had a room there once in probably two dozen stays.

The location is decent; it is fairly straightforward to get to from the airport and will cost about 100 CNY in a taxi. You can also take the train without too much effort. There is a large upscale mall across the street with a good food court and grocery store in the basement and a few restaurants at the top. There's not much tourism in the immediate neighborhood, but there is a metro station a short walk away (on the far side of the mall). If you're getting out of town, this hotel is probably faster than the other, but its further from downtown attractions. In the general area, you can walk up to a nice park with a german beer garden, go see the pants building, or visit Beijing's tallest tower (with a swanky bar at the top, good for a sunset cocktail) if you want a stroll.

JW Marriott Beijing Central --

The Central is of course much newer, so it may seem a bit "shinier," but I don't think of it as having nicer amenities per se. The gym is not as well-equipped as the other JW, though its possibly a bit larger and is on the top with a view rather than inside on the mezzanine level. The rooms are slightly larger but I can't say they're any better. The hotel restaurant is larger but has the same food; I actually think I liked the layout of the other JW restaurant better, for breakfast anyway, just because its all in a smaller area that's easier to get around. The lounge is maybe slightly smaller but is less densely packed and has higher ceilings, so has a nice airy feel to it, plus there's a small balcony patio space from which you can (barely, if the air quality is good) see the Forbidden City. The fun bit of the lounge, which the other JW lacks, is they have a bartender who will make you a special drink of the night a few nights of the week. I had a good mojito and martini that I can recall offhand.

The location is more central to downtown, as you'd guess from the name. Its also a short walk, just over a block I think, to a metro station. You can also walk to Tienanmen and the Forbidden City in less than 30 minutes. There's a mall next door, but I didn't spend as much time exploring it -- it didn't seem very popular when I did briefly walk around. I vaguely recall a few fast food type places (including a Starbucks, as noted above) but don't remember specifics. I don't think of the immediate neighborhood as being interesting on its own. The airport is probably 20 minutes further away and I think the taxi fare was about 130 CNY. If you're exploring Beijing, this may be the more well-connected and positioned hotel.

I stayed at the JW Beijing for years (before the Central hotel opened), so it has a special place in my heart, but I hesitate to give you a definitive recommendation -- preferences are always variable depending on our interests. In the end, they're both very nice, high quality hotels at which I'm sure you'll have a lovely stay.

If you have more specific questions or features you want to compare, post a follow-up message and I'll offer what I can.
Thank you for the detailed and informative review! I've decided to stay at JW Beijing
Old May 20, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+2

Originally Posted by nonamelive
Thank you for the detailed and informative review!
great JW BJ reviews..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.