Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:04 pm

Anyone have the email address for the JW Beijing (The older one)? I am looking to see what day trips they offer and the pricing... Would appreciate a PM.

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Has anyone stayed at the new JW Marriott Central?
Stayed at JW "Central" a few weeks ago. I didn't spend enough time at the hotel for a full trip report (and I don't have pics), but I was happy with what I saw of the property. Exec lounge on top floor (15th) is larger than most I've seen, and includes a nice balcony space. Room was nice, modern, spacious - very much as one would expect from a new JW property. There didn't seem to be a lot going on in the neighborhood, but the hotel is only ~2 blocks south of the Xuanwumen station complex (2 & 4 trains). It's a bit out of the way for tourist sites, but the rates are low enough to make it worthwhile.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not much of a Marriott customer, but through the UA reciprocity, I have Marriott Gold status. I also have one of those up-to-Cat-5 certificates. If I use it at the JW Marriott in Beijing (Chaoyang) on a Friday night, what sort of perks would I get? The lounge would be open, right? And would I get a decent breakfast?

I'm very tempted to stay at the Doubletree (HHonors Cat. 2 -- so a steal, especially with free breakfast as a Gold), but this Marriott is much more convenient to where I need to be. I'm just trying to replicate the perks. Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
The lounge would definitely be open and has a nice spread for dinner/canapes, drinks, dessert and breakfast the next morning. I think you can also opt for the restaurant for breakfast, but not sure on that.

You'll have free internet too. Other than that, not sure what other perks you might expect. Its a nice property and has good staff and I expect you'd enjoy it.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shigernafy
The lounge would definitely be open and has a nice spread for dinner/canapes, drinks, dessert and breakfast the next morning. I think you can also opt for the restaurant for breakfast, but not sure on that.

You'll have free internet too. Other than that, not sure what other perks you might expect. Its a nice property and has good staff and I expect you'd enjoy it.
Thanks. Yes, I'm looking for evening lounge access and a decent breakfast (preferably in the restaurant). A "room upgrade" would be nice, too.

Sounds like the JW Marriott fits the bill for me!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
An upgrade is possible but not overly likely in my experience. I think I've had almost 20 stays there in the last six years and gotten an upgrade to a suite once. But the concierge level rooms are quite nice regardless, so I don't think you'll be disappointed -- and maybe you'll have better luck than I.

I know that I can also get breakfast in the restaurant, but I'm not sure if that is status based (and I'm Platinum, but it shouldn't differ from Gold for breakfast I don't think) or based on my rate. I'm sure they can tell you upon check-in or in the lounge. If you must know in advance, I can see if I can find an email address for them to ask.

Separately, I'll be in Beijing next weekend but am going to try out the JW Central. I will post an updated review and try to remember to ask about their breakfast policy on the assumption its the same at both JWs.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hey everyone. I updated all the China entries yest in the exec lounge sticky, but I think I might have left out on some if there was a choice of breakfast in exec lounge or restaurant.

Here are the entries:

* Beijing / JW Marriott / OPEN; 2 free i-net terminals; free wifi; 05/23/14 update
* Beijing / JW Marriott Central / OPEN; 08/04/14 update
* Beijing / Renaissance Capital / OPEN; 03/11/14 update
* Beijing / Renaissance Wangfujing / OPEN (per website); 09/03/14 update
* Beijing / Marriott City Wall / OPEN (per website); 10/07/14 update
* Beijing / Marriott Northeast / OPEN; breakfast in lounge or restaurant; 05/14 update
* Beijing / Courtyard Northeast / OPEN; limit of 2/per room for access; i-net; 05/14 update

If there are any updates or if I made an error, please post & I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:02 pm

Does anyone who stays/stayed at the JW Beijing know what kind of English speaking tours are available for the great wall via the hotel? Also the website says laundry available on site; do they have self serve laundry machines?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Marriott Northeast

Great Beijing Mrt, On my 20th stay here in 5 years, staying for 2 weeks now, used 120k points for a 10 day stay. (only a cat 3) + the weekend rate for a few nights at only 864 rmb a night.

Great gym, pool, hot tub, but the best is the EL on 25th floor, it's open late on weekends and the EL service is amazing.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jiatong
Great Beijing Mrt, On my 20th stay here in 5 years, staying for 2 weeks now, used 120k points for a 10 day stay. (only a cat 3) + the weekend rate for a few nights at only 864 rmb a night.

Great gym, pool, hot tub, but the best is the EL on 25th floor, it's open late on weekends and the EL service is amazing.
Thanks for the quick update. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Direction to hotel from Sanyuanqiao station

Originally Posted by Jiatong

Hi Jiatong,
Thanks for the brief review. Thought I might stay here on my next trip to BJ.
From Sanyuanqiao station, how long a walk (with luggage on rollers) to hotel? Should I take Exit C2?
TIA.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Hi Jiatong,
Thanks for the brief review. Thought I might stay here on my next trip to BJ.
From Sanyuanqiao station, how long a walk (with luggage on rollers) to hotel? Should I take Exit C2?
TIA.
It's a solid 10 minute walk, and not a particularly pleasant one. I wouldn't bother unless the weather is splendid.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Thanks, Moondog,
I don't mind the walk.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
JW Central vs Renaissance Wangfujing

Getting off a cruise next month and planning to spend 4 nights in Beijing as a tourist (haven't been back in almost 20 years). Most interested in location, platinum benefits, lounge experience (quality of food), wifi quality and overall hotel experience. Suite upgrade not that important as we tend not to use the living room anyway. First 2 nights will be with cat 5 awards and last 2 nights paid. Ren $50 less for paid nights and we don't want to change hotels. (I know JW Chaoyang is cat 5 but location didn't look central).

JW Central and Ren Wangfujing get very good recent reviews on Trip Advisor. Not much coverage on FT and I do value FT opinions more than TA.

Which hotel would you suggest we choose and why??

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flying to BJS in two weeks and will stay at the Ren Wangfujing. A colleague recommended it and liked it a lot. Rates are pretty decent (600 for coporate and 980-1000 for normal flex including breakfast).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.