Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:51 am

Any recent experiences with the Courtyard after their renovation?
Did they renovate every room or just some parts of the hotel?
I think about staying there in november.
Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2008, 3:49 pm

Beijing

Planning a trip to Beijing in October, which of the Marriotts in Beijing is more convenient for tourist/site seeing?

Marriott City Wall
JW Marriott
Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel

And which one has the best treatment for a MR Platinum member? I will use rewards points for the stay.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
All the hotels you mentioned are within a 10 to 15 minutes drive from each other. Marriott City Wall is the closest to the Forbidden City, for trips to the Great Wall the street around the JW have less traffic and allow you faster access. There is a subway station within 3 walking minutes of the JW.

For an award stay I highly recommend the JW, their lounge is excellent and Golds and Plats get access not matter if you pay cash or points. The Marriott and the Renaissance both opened in August so they might not yet be fully aware of how to treat elites on award stays but this is only an assumption based on previous experiences in newly opened hotels.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:24 am

I recently stayed at the Marriott City Wall. It's a great location near the main central tourist areas. It's also just a block or two from the Beijing rail station, which is also a subway stop. The subway station is a really nice one for connecting to the airport subway. (not so crowded that you can't take a bag or two)

I will add that I had a REALLY rough time at this location. They couldn't find my reservation at check-in, even with a copy of my reservation and confirmation number. (yes, I had the correct location and dates) They did match the rate I had, so it wasn't a big deal. It's a good thing I wasn't using point for the stay. I have no idea how that would have worked out.

Speaking of points, at check-in and at check-out I had them verify that they had my Marriott rewards number entered. Despite that, the points never posted to my account. I'm still trying to get that resolved.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: MR PLATINUM HYATT DIAMOND SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by cpx
Just a quick note on the Taxi: I recently negotiated a taxi for my colleague and
friends, all day for a trip to Badaling, Ming Tombs, Summer Palace and
couple of other stops for about 500RMB. Later my colleague ended up
giving him a tip.. (toll was included in 500RMB)
It turned out to be a good experience. I'd say 500-800 is a good deal for
a full day's worth of taxi rental.
i will go to jw marriott beijing hotel next week!chaep price USD100 AND UPGARDE TO CLUB SUITE ROOM.COOL.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:54 pm

JW MARRIOTT BEIJING OPEN AT OCT,2007
marriott citywall hotel open at aug,2008,
both very new hotels.
i believe you can upgrade to clubsuite room at jw marriott beijing ,if you will go to beijing at beginning of OCT,it's china national day holiday,and it won't be very busy for suite room,so you can get it by you platunum member stutas.

and both hotels near to the bus stop and MTR stops,within 1 mintues to get it.

hope you enjoy it, i come from china,can share lot of experience to you,

and i wil stay at jw beijing marriott at oct too.

lucky to see you soon.

beijing welcome you
Old Sep 30, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
Just returned from a three-day stay at the JW Marriott. I also stayed one night the the new Westin and preferred the JW a lot more. As a Gold member, I was upgraded to the club level and it was great. The lounge has good food and cocktail hours start at 5:30pm every night-free! I took the personalized tours that my company organized and paid for but I would take the hotel tour if I have to pay myself. I would prefer a group setting anyway. Let me know if you need more info regarding the hotel or the city.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:46 pm

JW Marriott BEIJING - Platinum Benefit

I STAYED AT JW MARRIOTT HOTEL ,IT‘S LUXUAL HOTELS。
I GET UPGRADE TO CLUB SUITE ROOM,WHICH IS 90 SUAREMETRES。
AND ENJOY ALL CLUB LOUNGE BENIFIT & FREE BREAKFAST.

my platinum arrival gift is 3 bottles of orange juice.a bottle of wine,
a blaket of fruit everyday.

it's nice gift,but i really hope they can recoginize me every time when i go to club lounge,they can call me MR tian, THEY are forgotness,so every time they will ask me,sir,may i have your room mumber?

it's funny!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold
okey dokey Mr Tian.

I would bring the 3 bottles of OJ, the bottle of wine and the blaket of fruits that you get EVERYDAY, and give them to the Conceirge Lounge EVERYDAY. Introduce yourself as Mr Tian instead of #722 (or whatever room your from).

By the end of the third day, the staff should be able to get it right. If not, then ask for points instead. Maybe you will get 500 points per day.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Looking for Beijing Recommendations

I am considering going to Beijing sometime between JUne and October, most likely between September and October and would appreciate some recommendations on where to stay. In reading some previous posts, the JW Marriott seems fairly popular, but I thought I'd try to get definative answer Here some basic background on my situation:

1. Will be Platinum before travel and interested in upgrades.
2. Will be using points for the stay of 5 to 7 nights.
3. Not extremely point sensitive and should have more than enough points for the trip (200,000+) - but I wouldn't want to waste points either. Moderate luxury is preferred.
4. This is a vacation and the first time to China. I speak a very small amount of Mandarin, but could probably get by for getting around with a quick guide translation book.
5. Perfectly fine with the subway systems and fairly well travelled (only a few trips to asia, however.)
6. Would like to optimize on the platinum status for room upgrades, free breakfasts, and perks.

I've never stayed at a Ritz Carleton. Do platinum members receive perks as frequently as they would in a lesser level hotel? Is the Ritz noticeably superior ot JW Marriott? Any noteable personal experiences you could share would be appreciated, as well a recommendations on optimizing the perks. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:05 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
i'm happy with my stay with Palm Springs although it is an apartment. I'm also happy with Renaissance East. Try the courtyard if you are into shopping though.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Thanks! I hadn't considered them but will look. Any thoughts on the JW or Ritz next to it? Wondering if anyone has ever stayed there?

Does the Ritz upgrade Platinums or is it more about how much you spend at the Ritz? I can see the rationale for better upgrades at the JW because you are frequent flyer. At the Ritz they may save those perks for the real high rollers and not the company guy who is taking a little vacation on points.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Continental Gold, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz Gold
Courtyard

For value, I actually recommend the Courtyard. It's more like a full service hotel - and since you'll be platinum, you get lounge access (better than most lounges at FS properties in the states). As for getting around, you can actually walk from here to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, some of the remaining Hutongs, the Underground City, etc. Taxi's are of course still dirt cheap, so distance to sites shouldn't be your deciding factor.

I recommend getting a guidebook with site names written in Mandarin next to the English title. It makes getting anywhere simple as all you have to do is point to the Mandarin if the person doesn't speak English.

There's also a supermarket in the basement of the Courtyard, so you can always buy some local foods if you're looking for more options. Also a Pizza Hut (that serves escargot) and a McDonalds in the same building if you're missing home. More adventurous, find Liquin Duck in the nearby Hutong for their Peking duck!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Beijing stay

I am taking my wife to Phuket for 7 days (JW) then on our way stop 4 days in PEK (Beijing). I know that there were recent Olympic games there and perhaps things changed and I was wondering what property would you recommend?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by iztok
I am taking my wife to Phuket for 7 days (JW) then on our way stop 4 days in PEK (Beijing). I know that there were recent Olympic games there and perhaps things changed and I was wondering what property would you recommend?
I enjoyed the JW. I stayed there for a week at the beginning of September. It is what I would say a very upscale part of PEK. The service and food was great. There is also a mall across the street with a food court if you are looking for cheaper eats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.