Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just wanted to comment on the Zurich lounge at the Marriott. It’s well stocked but so small that there is rarely a place to sit after it opens. Terrible design. Also wine is out 530-1030pm. Front desk staff not prepared for the crowds that form each morning either.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just wanted to comment on the Zurich lounge at the Marriott. It’s well stocked but so small that there is rarely a place to sit after it opens. Terrible design. Also wine is out 530-1030pm. Front desk staff not prepared for the crowds that form each morning either.
Must be a seasonal occurrence, I was there in May and was always able to find accommodations. I agree the lounge is relatively small but I wonder if they are selling access to the detriment of the Elites. I heard the previous lounge was even smaller.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm not sure I agree with that. The PH is a very easy tram ride from the Hbf, less than two blocks from the lake promenade, and a ten minute walk to Old Town. The Marriott is far enough from the Hbf that you would not want to walk with luggage (and the paths through the park are all gravel). The Marriott, while proximate to the National Museum, is itself located in a relatively gritty (for Zurich) block and is no closer to Old Town than the PH.
Walking from the train station to the hotel is no problem, all you have to do is cross the street and the bridge crossing the river and walk on the sidewalk on the hotel side of the river. I did it arriving and leaving and it was not much of a strain.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Another point to note is a recurring theme to ignore special preferences. As someone who works in the travel industry, this is one of several complaints I hear about this hotel. They will guarantee a certain type of accommodation (king room or connecting room, etc) and then upon arrival have given it away to someone else. I am not talking about a preference; I am talking about working through a travel agent or sales department to have written confirmation that a certain type of accommodation is guaranteed. When you arrive, it's gone, and the staff is quite condescending about it. I have heard this complaint almost on a monthly basis...to the point, that I no longer refer agent clients to this hotel because of the poor consistency. Platinums can invoke their guarantee, but not sure how the hotel would respond. Beware the poor service. I booked here (despite knowing this complaint) and got burned myself!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
When you arrive, it's gone, and the staff is quite condescending about it. I have heard this complaint almost on a monthly basis...to the point, that I no longer refer agent clients to this hotel because of the poor consistency. Platinums can invoke their guarantee, but not sure how the hotel would respond. Beware the poor service. I booked here (despite knowing this complaint) and got burned myself!
Wow.
Never had poor service at ZRH Marriott and always was upgraded. Hard to imagine how one gets burned at this place.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:41 pm

Terrible value for the fee they charge for access. I was disappointment with my stay last year.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exdon
Wow.
Never had poor service at ZRH Marriott and always was upgraded. Hard to imagine how one gets burned at this place.
It appears to have a reputation for bad service when it comes to group/family bookings. Maybe individual travelers receive different service.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Just checked out of the Zurich Marriott this morning on a group booking. Felt well treated by the hotel. Only issue was someone on our floor was smoking something funky last night but they took care of that.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Zurich Marriott wants 42 CHF/day for parking. Is there another parking lot in the area that is less expensive?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Zurich Marriott wants 42 CHF/day for parking. Is there another parking lot in the area that is less expensive?
Closest public parking should be "Parkhaus Hauptbahnhof" (parking central train station). Charges are 45 CHF / day (4 CHF / hour).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Unless you come by car or have to have a car for some specific reason, you really don’t need one. Transportation is plentiful, reasonable and very reliable.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Not so impressed by what Marriott offers in Zurich. Planning trips for 2019 (this is for new years eve) and the Marriott seems to be the best but the building looks a bit tired? Reviews are so-so with 4/5. Great location though and close to HB. Reading they renovated their rooms back in 2015 so that's good.
There's a very neat Park Hyatt in Zurich which looks lovely. But I need the 5 Marriott nights and I can't stand World of hyatt and how they run their program. Tough call.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Not so impressed by what Marriott offers in Zurich. Planning trips for 2019 (this is for new years eve) and the Marriott seems to be the best but the building looks a bit tired? Reviews are so-so with 4/5. Great location though and close to HB. Reading they renovated their rooms back in 2015 so that's good.
There's a very neat Park Hyatt in Zurich which looks lovely. But I need the 5 Marriott nights and I can't stand World of hyatt and how they run their program. Tough call.
PH Zurich and Marriott are not in the same class.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
PH Zurich and Marriott are not in the same class.
Nop.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
What’s considered best value for a city centre stay on a Saturday night with the aim of having dinner and drinks somewhere lively? Seems like most of the Marriott options aren’t in Zurich city/ city centre, apart from the Marriott?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.