Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
I have stay away from this hotel becuase of reports of the beach and the rooms being sub par.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:16 pm

I agreee with all the posts above. Stayed there 5 days Nov '07. Nothing special at this hotel in my opinion other than the SPA which the wife loved. If you are not worried about collecting points, we stayed addtional 5 days a Villa Premeire, which was fabulous
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
We visit PVR at least once a year - and only stay at this hotel first night in, last night out.

Otherwise, we rent a villa with a private pool, a maid & cook, who also do the laundry, shopping, and bartending. Most villas are OF. There are lots of them - and if you are able to split with another couple or two; cost is less than the Marriott. (5000sq foot house vs one room......)

I save my points for elsewhere and live like the rich and famous when I am in PVR - the only reason we do the 2 nights is we want to arrive day before c/in @ villa and leave day after - gives us more time there.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:33 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I too initially saw that the OP was silver level and was going to comment that an upgrade of any sort would seem highly unlikely, however I noticed that the profile now says platinum. A case of an outdated profile or simply fluffing up the titles? Saying you're platinum on here won't get you upgrades at the property
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I too initially saw that the OP was silver level and was going to comment that an upgrade of any sort would seem highly unlikely, however I noticed that the profile now says platinum. A case of an outdated profile or simply fluffing up the titles? Saying you're platinum on here won't get you upgrades at the property

Don't worry, BEING a platinum won't get the OP any upgrades at this property either .
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
Question Renovations at the Puerto Vallarta CasaMagna

Just checked on my reservation in July for the Casa Magna Puerto Vallarta (PVR). I see the message far below, big and bold. Can someone shed any more light on what this could mean and how I should handle (contact the hotel make sure away from renovated rooms)? I have restricted airfare tickets, so I really don't want to cancel.

Thanks!

Renovation Information
Rooms and suites under renovation from June 12 2008 to October 1 2008. La Estancia restaurant under renovation from August 1 2008 to October 1 2008. Other restaurants available.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 4:17 pm

I just stayed there the last week of May, and did not see any renovation activity. I guess it started in June. I would contact the hotel and asked to be as removed from the renovations as possible.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:14 pm

When would you make the call? Reservation is for 25 days from now.

Last edited by fajimenez; Jun 21, 2008 at 6:11 pm Reason: remove quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:35 pm

They should send you a confirmation of your upcoming stay a few days before it starts. It has a link to a virtual concierge. It goes to the concierge at the hotel. I used it for some requests before I went there, and they were very helpful. I would use it.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
I would call NOW! I was there a few years ago...and they were supposedly "cleaning" one building.(uh, having it completely SHUT with fire hoses hanging out every hall landing and jackhammering is NOT cleaning!)

After that mess, I will not go back...we walked out and went to the Westin!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:31 am

Wow -- what a reprehensible situation.

Thanks for all your advice.

Last edited by fajimenez; Jun 21, 2008 at 6:12 pm Reason: remove quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:17 pm

contact information for GM or appropriate contact

Anyone have contact information for the hotel, or should I just use the numbers on the website like below?

Phone: 52 322 226 0000
Fax: 52 322 226 0060
Sales: 52 322 226 0007
Old Nov 8, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta

I've searched but can't find anything said about this property in the last year or so. Does anyone have current info, thinking of Thanksgiving in PV, could do Marriott or the Westin next door, nothing on that either. Curious to see if anyone can critique the difference.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Question CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa questions

I just decided to redeem some points for a week's stay at the CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa. Didn't want to wait for the de-valuation!
Anyway, I had some questions and I am sure I can find some great answers, so here they go:

1. Kids Club is mentioned. Is there a cost for this, and is there anyone who has some parental insight?

2. I am thinking of using points for an all- inclusive. Besides the fancy liquors, what foods are excluded?

3. Will the ocean be swim-worthy temperature wise in mid March?

4. Anyone seen the renovations?

5. Any other FT words of wisdom pertaining to my trip?

Thanks in advanced!:-:
Old Nov 10, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards - Plat Premiere, Hertz Pres Circle, Sky Miles - Gold, Mileage Plus - Silver
We last January/February...

Can not speak to either 1 or 2...

3) The beach at the Marriott is not really a swimming beach. When I was there no one went in it. There were some other beaches that were swim able, but it was chilly. My fiance who is a beach person and not a pool person... enjoyed the trip relaxing by the pool rather then the beach. She did not really mind.

4) Our room was real nice. I am a plat, so we got free upgrade to ocean view, which meant we could see the pool and ocean from our balcony. The property is really nice and many up to date amenities

5) The marina near by has some great places to go if you decide against the all inclusive. We did not eat at the hotel at all other then lunches poolside. Check out tripadvisor.com for some great places to go. I would definitely recommend doing the canopy tour. If your kids are old enough and have a knack for thrills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.