Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Probably my biggest pet peeve about Marriott in general. Whichever properties they see fit to slap the "resort" tag on end up using it to withhold benefits from their most loyal guests. HH and SPG do this to a much lesser extent.
Well, to Marriott's defense though, at least their guaranteed room reservation applies to resort properties like this one. For example, despite being plat on Starwood, once the Westin PV is sold out I cannot get a room override because "it's a resort property". But at this Marriott (PV) I can every time, including over Christmas when rooms are completely over-sold and running $450-$500 a night here, and that's despite it being a "resort". Heck, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back to this property - at least I can always get a room here!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort

Any comments on this property? I'm spending a week 45 mins north of puerto vallarta, and am thinking of staying a night or two here on my way out of the country....I need another 6 nights this year to make plat....
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort

Any comments on this property? I'm spending a week 45 mins north of puerto vallarta, and am thinking of staying a night or two here on my way out of the country....I need another 6 nights this year to make plat....

I see some $134 rates, not bad. Wondering how far from the beach, how much fun (I'm single, this is vacation), etc.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum, Avis First
I have not been there but I am going there for 10 days in Feb, I have done my research at it seems like a great resort.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
We've been there about 10 times for 1-2 weeks at a time. We will be there again 1/20-2/3/07. Lovely property on the beach in the Marina area. The quality of the beach varies from year-to-year as storms can make dramatic changes in the beach. This is not a big singles place - often there are large meeting groups there. Quick local bus ride into town (or fast cab ride) - with lots of "action" of all sorts, and lots of eating options there too. And only a 5 minute cab ride from the airport makes that transfer very easy.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:17 pm
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
Fantastic Property

This is a great property! Don't hesitate - you will love it and have a wonderful time.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:08 pm

Programs: Continental - Platinum, Marriot - Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz - President's Circle
My wife and I will be there from 2/3 thru 2/10. What I've read and found out is that it's a very nice resort.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:04 pm

Just bumping this up - I a plat and my family (5 adults) is looking to take a vacation in Mexico. We were interested in this property, but I am concerned about the references to the beach. We'd really like to go somewhere with a nice beach and a good view. Any additional thoughts?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
If you want to be in Mexico, try the JW Cancun the beach is beautiful. You can also try Aruba and St Kitts Marriotts
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
I'll admit, I can't comment on the beach at Casa Magna, but I've stayed in beach resorts in both Cancun and Puerto Vallarta. PV wins hands down. If you want to experience a true Mexican vacation, the mountains coming right down to the bay. The cobblestone streets with authentic Mexican culture and the things to do for just about every age group, including a nice beach experience. Cancun is very commercialized and really reminds me of American resort cities. If you want just the beach experience, just go to Florida. Its not much different than Cancun.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Puerto Vallarta Marriott

What are the chances of getting an upgrade to an suite on a standard award during the week of October 11?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I don't think anyone is going to be able to answer this - as it is almost impossible to "forecast" a suite upgrade. October is late off/shoulder season which works for you - but if a large convention or group is at the hotel- who knows? In my experience, you are more likely to get an improved location or view than a suite at almost all resorts/high end properties.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:51 pm

As close to zero as zero gets. I have stayed here dozens of times as a Plat, on many "one-night" stays (which are the prime targets for big upgrades). Peak seasons, off seasons, shoulder seasons, you name it. I have never once received anything other than a standard room . You're a silver? Well... what can I say about your chances for anything . Frankly, none of the 'view' rooms at this property are even that special, so there isn't much value in that here either.

If you're a plat on SPG though, the Westin down the street is perhaps one of the best hotels for plat upgrades out there, into some phenomenal suites ^. I MUCH prefer that hotel. As a SPG gold, I would think you'd have a better chance for something there vs. a Marriott silver.

The Marriott is visciously overpriced for what it is, IMHO.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
I agree...we were supposed to stay the this hotel a few years back....the room wasn't big, wasn't very clean and had a sliver of a balcony.......one building was CLOSED (for cleaning??).. I was a Plat at the time...and they said the room I got was "what we give all paltinums"....

So...we bailed and went to the Westin!

I wouldn't hope for an upgrade......heck, I am a PP and can't get upgraded....(and yes, I am NICE!) in fact...one select service hotel outside of boston, on EASTER weekend..with, literally a dozen rooms occupied, refused to upgrade me!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
One more echo of the previous posts....

We've been there about 10 times - always as a Platinum. Never got a suite. Other than that we do like the hotel, staff and location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.