London Marriott County Hall

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 22, 17, 9:10 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. 80 charge for third adult and 40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

Old May 2, 18, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EXPLAT View Post
Can you use the bike rental on this side of the river or is it only pedestrian?
I'm pretty sure you can bicycle along the river, but I've seen signs saying cyclists need to dismount in the tunnels under the bridges. It's an easy enough walk, however. Maybe 20 minutes at a brisk pace.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; May 2, 18 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 17, 18, 6:35 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed at this property in July (last weekend) and after reading so many posts about it maybe I had high expectations however I was really disppointed. Start with the good - LOCATION, this is the standout feature for me, the location is excellent if you are new to London and want to explore Westminster/Southbank etc so much on your door step and for that this property is excellent. However beyond this, I was not impressed, the rooms were small in size, there was no upgrade for platinum guests, the lounge was not very welcoming or offered much substance, the breakfast downstairs was not complimentary for platinum and instead required additional charge (however I complained about this as I was not aware and they removed this at checkout to be fair to the property), and the service was quite poor.

We have a 9month old, and there is poor accessability to the property so requires lifting the buggy, despite having 3 people around the door most of the time, we often had to do this with my wife, not something you would expect for a property that was charging 750 GBP per night for the night that we were there (paid 45,000 Marriott points instead). Also our room was a good 4-5 mins walk from the lift which again wasn't ideal with a kid if you are carrying them!

The swimming pool was supposed to be heated but was freezing and couldnt take our kid in it as it was not suitable.

We stayed in the Park Lane Marriott in Feb and honestly you cannot compare on every factor (and the location is equally amazing with Hyde park and Oxford street right infront of you) so would highly recommend that hotel over this.
pilgrim likes this.
Old Jul 17, 18, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
I just stayed at this property in July (last weekend) and after reading so many posts about it maybe I had high expectations however I was really disppointed. Start with the good - LOCATION, this is the standout feature for me, the location is excellent if you are new to London and want to explore Westminster/Southbank etc so much on your door step and for that this property is excellent. However beyond this, I was not impressed, the rooms were small in size, there was no upgrade for platinum guests, the lounge was not very welcoming or offered much substance, the breakfast downstairs was not complimentary for platinum and instead required additional charge (however I complained about this as I was not aware and they removed this at checkout to be fair to the property), and the service was quite poor.

We have a 9month old, and there is poor accessability to the property so requires lifting the buggy, despite having 3 people around the door most of the time, we often had to do this with my wife, not something you would expect for a property that was charging 750 GBP per night for the night that we were there (paid 45,000 Marriott points instead). Also our room was a good 4-5 mins walk from the lift which again wasn't ideal with a kid if you are carrying them!

The swimming pool was supposed to be heated but was freezing and couldnt take our kid in it as it was not suitable.

We stayed in the Park Lane Marriott in Feb and honestly you cannot compare on every factor (and the location is equally amazing with Hyde park and Oxford street right infront of you) so would highly recommend that hotel over this.
I couldn't agree more with you, but as they say location, location, location. This used to be a notch or two higher in service. The renovations were needed. I like the new decor, etc. However, the service is on par now with a 3-star hotel. It is not worth what they charge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: