Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:50 am

The (small) lounge is currently open 7 days.

Breakfast, canapés and alcohol available each day.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Alcoholic drinks at the weekend is a new thing. It's always been dry on Friday/Saturday nights.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Alcoholic drinks at the weekend is a new thing. It's always been dry on Friday/Saturday nights.
Did it have canapes on Fri/Sat nights, or is that new too? Anyway, good news & I've updated the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
They've been doing the drinks/food at the weekend now for a couple of years - the lounge can get very mobbed on a Saturday night!

If you are there on a Wednesday night, they do spirits in the lounge too.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
I stay at this hotel about once per year.

On the most recent stay (this month) I felt that the breakfast offering in the lounge was a bit disappointing: scrambled eggs, cereal, bananas/apples/pears, bread, croissant. My memory may be failing but I could have sworn there was a much larger spread in the past.

Overall this hotel is OK - but seems overpriced for what you get (when I booked rooms were 130 GBP per night for the lowest rate).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:46 am

There was (you got more hot food) but they were following orders from on high to reduce the offering there - hence why we go do the restaurant for breakfast rather than the lounge. At the start of the year, they weren't going to be doing any breakfast there at all (and stopped for a bit) but by the time of our next stay, breakfast was back, albeit more on the scale you see in the lounges in America.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
This is 15 GBP more per night than Moxy for the July dates I'm visiting. Is it worth the extra?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Isochronous
This is 15 GBP more per night than Moxy for the July dates I'm visiting. Is it worth the extra?

I’ve stayed in both recently. If the price difference is only Ł15; then I’d stay at the Marriott.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wickersley

I’ve stayed in both recently. If the price difference is only Ł15; then I’d stay at the Marriott.
I'd be interested in why you think that - are you thinking because of club/pool/sauna facilities?

Moxy seems walking distance to more attractions.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I'd be interested in why you think that - are you thinking because of club/pool/sauna facilities?

Moxy seems walking distance to more attractions.
Club lounge access alone will cover the difference.

Glasgow City Centre is a relatively small place, in my opinion the walking distance is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:43 am

I've not yet stayed at a Moxy but from those who have, I'd pay the extra money and stay at the Glasgow Marriott.
stc likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:06 am

Since this is the UK, both would give the F&B credit to Platinums so question is whether the lounge breakfast is any good? Most recent post above wasn't very complimentary.

Otherwise I might just save the GBP 15 and get something outside.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Last time I stayed at the Marriott, you could have a full monty breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. Don't know if they still do that for Plats. In terms of distance, both are about the same distance from the centre.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:51 am

Since this is the UK, both would give the F&B credit to Platinums so question is whether the lounge breakfast is any good? Most recent post above wasn't very complimentary.

Otherwise I might just save the GBP 15 and get something outside.
No, they have cut back on what you get in the lounge - fine if you want a quick continental breakfast, but if you want the full Scottish simply head to the restaurant instead.

We are room only this weekend and will head downstairs for breakfast there rather than go to the lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by nequine
No, they have cut back on what you get in the lounge - fine if you want a quick continental breakfast, but if you want the full Scottish simply head to the restaurant instead.

We are room only this weekend and will head downstairs for breakfast there rather than go to the lounge.
So Platinums still get restaurant breakfast there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.