Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by KRS
Planning a weekend trip to Brussels and might have a rental car this time around. Does anyone have any recommendations for parking near the Marriott Grand Place or Renaissance?

Hotel parking (respectively) is EUR27.50/day and EUR29/day, EUR15/day on the weekends at the Renaissance.

Leaning towards the Renaissance, not least since I know driving to and from the Marriott can be difficult based on earlier Uber experiences.
not sure about parking situation offsite both hotels, but in case of driving I would also go for the Renaissance, just for location (and cheaper hotel parking). Sometimes they seem to have package rates too that include parking fees (but maybe for the MEA next door, not remember well).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by KRS
Planning a weekend trip to Brussels and might have a rental car this time around. Does anyone have any recommendations for parking near the Marriott Grand Place or Renaissance?

Hotel parking (respectively) is EUR27.50/day and EUR29/day, EUR15/day on the weekends at the Renaissance.

Leaning towards the Renaissance, not least since I know driving to and from the Marriott can be difficult based on earlier Uber experiences.
In the 'Rue Arlon' (only the part between Luxemburg Square towards the 'Montoyer street'), there is free street parking during weekends, but ONLY on the LEFT side of the street (the other side of the street is a different municipality and not free during weekends - double-check the information on the payment machine).
We have stayed at the Renaissance many times and always park there, the Rue Arlon is only 200m or a few minutes walk from the Renaissance and it is also safe to park there (this is a rather classy residential area). We have always found free spaces when we are in the area during weekends. Good luck!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:39 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Can anyone comment on the Marriott Grand Place and what the evening lounge hours are for happy hour?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Steve_19
Can anyone comment on the Marriott Grand Place and what the evening lounge hours are for happy hour?

Thanks!
Property website gives you exec lounge info under the rooms section/details. I usually check that first. In the case of the Grand Place, they've got the hours listed for brekkie, evening, etc.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 27, 2017 at 7:54 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Hi all, I am considering the Renaissance and found it in a very attractive price, plus the free breakfast food vouchers, however, it has a single report of bedbugs from 2011 on tripadvisor that concerns me. It is the only one found on the internet, and that poster had only one review, but it seemed credible and reported widespread issue. I generally would skip a hotel even if I find at least one report, but here I am tempted to book. What do you all think?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Stayed there many times over the last several years, it's a rather nice hotel, certainly not in the segment where you have to worry about bedbugs! Even if that single review is true, most likely the guest inadvertently brought the bugs himself.

That definitely isn't a reason to hesitate staying at Renaissance.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by Viks
Stayed there many times over the last several years, it's a rather nice hotel, certainly not in the segment where you have to worry about bedbugs! Even if that single review is true, most likely the guest inadvertently brought the bugs himself.

That definitely isn't a reason to hesitate staying at Renaissance.
I agree, I've stayed at the Renaissance a number of times, never had any issues.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Stayed in the Renaissance and liked it very much. Wouldn't worry too much about the bedbugs.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
depending on where you are working in the city, I've always had a great stay at the Courtyard EU, that is easy walking distance to the main part of town for dinner and drinks.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CALMSP
depending on where you are working in the city, I've always had a great stay at the Courtyard EU, that is easy walking distance to the main part of town for dinner and drinks.
I will be there for 1.5 days, mostly for sightseeing around the city center, I currently have several reservations (Novotel Centre, Atlas Hotel, Courtyard EU, considering Renaissance), so undecided about this, lol. Any suggestions between these?

I am Gold and will be there over a weekend, so it seems no lounge at the Ren, but do I get 25% food discount or something, in addition to breakfast?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
I will be there for 1.5 days, mostly for sightseeing around the city center, I currently have several reservations (Novotel Centre, Atlas Hotel, Courtyard EU, considering Renaissance), so undecided about this, lol. Any suggestions between these?

I am Gold and will be there over a weekend, so it seems no lounge at the Ren, but do I get 25% food discount or something, in addition to breakfast?
Novotel centre has the best location of all of these but I find the Renaissance the 'better' hotel. If you are there only for 1,5 day I would choose the Novotel though...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delectatio
Novotel centre has the best location of all of these but I find the Renaissance the 'better' hotel. If you are there only for 1,5 day I would choose the Novotel though...
Yea, I agree, Atlas has free breakfast and location but it turns out doesn't have AC, and I have to go with the Novotel just for the location, even though no breakfast or elite privileges...Courtyard is by far he cheapest but no free breakfast nor location...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by nk15

Renaissance has a good breakfast but is usually like a zoo during weekends, expect long waiting lines for breakfast when you're not an early riser...
The staff has always been excellent though.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Looking to make a 3 night booking for one of the Brussels properties this upcoming March. I can't find many recent reviews of the Ren and Courtyard in this thread so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I know rates can change and may fall for the FS Marriott but right now the options I'm deciding between are:

Ren for 363 Euro (refundable)
Courtyard for 279 Euro (refundable)

Is the Ren worth $90 (over 3 nights) over the Courtyard (FS Marriott is 494 Euros and I don't think the extra money seems worth it over the Courtyard and Renaissance). Both my gf and I are Plat if that factors in at all.

Neither of us have been to Brussels so the main concerns are being well-located to be able to get to the various sights, restaurants / bars, and chocolate shops by either walking or public transportation.
Quoting myself from 2 years ago here - we ended up having to back off this trip for a combination of reasons but thanks to a cheap fare and an expiring Delta bump voucher, we are heading back between Christmas and New Year's for 4 nights.

This time around I have access to our corporate rate to combine with the 4th night free (Citi) so these are my Marriott options (I also have comparable rates at the Hilton City Centre and HGI if anyone has opinions there).

Marriott: 125Euro/night
Renaissance: 84Euro/night
Courtyard EU: 67Euro/night

This will be our first time visiting. We definitely want to go to the Neuhaus factory (love their chocolate) and the Christmas markets and ideally want to be able to just take the train to/from the airport.

Renaissance seems like it hits the sweet spot in terms of good price, pretty well located, and still some benefits with the Platinum and it comes out at current exchange rates (with 4th night free) to $331 USD vs. the Marriott which is $471.74 USD. Hard for me to believe the Marriott is $141 better over 4 nights unless I'm missing something.

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 8, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Duke787
Renaissance seems like it hits the sweet spot in terms of good price, pretty well located, and still some benefits with the Platinum and it comes out at current exchange rates (with 4th night free) to $331 USD
I've stayed in all 3 many times.

You won't be disappointed in the Ren.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.