Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 21, 18, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Melia Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Both hotels are very close to each other, the Dominican being a little closer to the Central train station (but only a few minutes walk closer).
Marriott is indeed starting to look a bit dated but still ok, rooms facing the courtyard are much quieter. Good breakfast too.
Dominican is more 'boutique' looking and more of an 'experience' hotel while the Marriott could be just anywhere, still a solid chain hotel though.
Courtyard is located in a quiet area (still walking distance to Central station) but not that much around, brand-new and good breakfast though (and much quieter at night as there are mostly offices around).
If I had the choice, I would pick the Marriott (but that's because I value a decent breakfast, especially while on holiday).
Old Jun 22, 18, 8:35 am

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott PPE; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Delectatio View Post
If I had the choice, I would pick the Marriott (but that's because I value a decent breakfast, especially while on holiday).
I'm relieved to hear that. I just booked a four night stay at the Marriott GP (followed by three nights at the Indigo Antwerp) and was a little concerned about some of the negative reviews. I went with Marriott over Hilton because I have Plat status with Marriott and no status with Hilton and it was breakfast that was the deciding factor.
Old Jun 24, 18, 2:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, 06, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
The Renaissance was a good choice for my recent stay. First, the big downside is that unless the main reason for your visit is the European Parliament, it's a bit out of the way from the tourist hotspots. It's probably a 20 to 30 minute walk the downtown area.

I was welcomed as a Platinum Elite and given a choice of F&B options or 500 points. I chose a selection of cheese and crackers and a local beer but ended up with two beers and a small selection of canapes. The lounge is closed on Fridays and Saturdays so breakfast is served in the restaurant. This was quite nice and well presented although there are no cooked-to-order options.

My room was upgraded to a large king. It is a bit dated but is far from being in a state of disrepair. There was plenty of bench and hanging spaces, a comfortable two-seater lounge and a big window. The television is disproportionately small for the size of the room. The bathroom was quite large although with a shower/tub combo. Hot water and water pressure were great.

Service was very nice throughout. I was asked how my stay was when I checked-out which I always appreciate. The 4pm check-out was provided without issue.
unclepants likes this.
Old Jun 25, 18, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update on the Ren. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 18, 1:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by danger View Post

My room was upgraded to a large king. It is a bit dated but is far from being in a state of disrepair. There was plenty of bench and hanging spaces, a comfortable two-seater lounge and a big window. The television is disproportionately small for the size of the room. The bathroom was quite large although with a shower/tub combo. Hot water and water pressure were great.

Service was very nice throughout. I was asked how my stay was when I checked-out which I always appreciate. The 4pm check-out was provided without issue.
I am surprised that you mentioned that the room was a bit dated, although I have not been to this property for more than a year, the last time when I was there, I remembered very well that the room was refreshed (so not a big renovation) compared to my other past visits, I would have expected that by now all rooms would have been refreshed.

Cheers!
Old Jun 26, 18, 6:40 am

I agree with Danger's review of the Renaissance. Great staff, dated rooms, and not the most ideal location. I'd stay there again for the right price, at the time of booking it cost about 1/3 of the Marriott Grand Place which made it an easy choice.

The breakfast wasn't bad but not that great, there were actually more food options in the small lounge than there was in the restaurant downstairs which was surprising. I wouldn't recommend paying for it unless you really don't want to have to go anywhere.
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, UA GS, DL Silver
Wondering how the selection of food/beverage is for breakfast and evening happy hour in the lounge at the Renaissance?
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, 06, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE View Post
Wondering how the selection of food/beverage is for breakfast and evening happy hour in the lounge at the Renaissance?
I stayed on a weekend when the lounge was closed so I can't comment on that. Breakfast in the restaurant was perfectly fine although I was a bit surprised to find no cooked-to-order options.
Old Dec 4, 18, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat 100, IHG Gold
Just stayed at the Marriott Grand Place. It was one of my more disappointing Marriott stays.

Pluses
- great location
- nice lounge
- decent (but not great) breakfast

Negatives
- extremely noisy. I used SNAs which got me a suite on the 1st floor (immediately above the Macdonalds). Could not sleep at all the first night - I believe the windows are single paned too. When I complained I was transferred to a room overlooking the courtyard (perfectly quiet from street noise although the rooms themselves donít have great soundproofing from each other). No one followed up regarding the suite downgrade - no notice or apology was given. I didnít push anything as we were just so glad to be away from the original suite they gave us.
- worst room service of any hotel I experienced. When I called to ask for a power adapter I was told to go down and get it from the front desk myself because they only had one person on duty. When I did go down there were three - two of whom were just standing there and talking with each other.
- insufficient umbrellas. If going during rainy season make sure you ask early on as the hotel runs out very quickly.
- ran out of face towels for the last two nights I was there

Hope this helps. I would avoid this hotel in future - maybe try the design hotel nearby? Iím also glad itís not my first Marriott stay otherwise I would avoid the brand in future.
unclepants likes this.
Old Dec 4, 18, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
This is one of those hotels where the location is the reason to stay. My two stays have been passable.
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott PPE; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Melodsal View Post
I used SNAs which got me a suite on the 1st floor (immediately above the Macdonalds). Could not sleep at all the first night - I believe the windows are single paned too. When I complained I was transferred to a room overlooking the courtyard (perfectly quiet from street noise although the rooms themselves donít have great soundproofing from each other).
Were there no suites on higher floors or did they just not have any available? I have an upcoming stay there later this month and applied my SNAs, although I don't know yet if I'll get the upgrade or not. Now I'm wondering if I should save the SNA and request a courtyard room instead.