Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:47 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BigLar
According to the sitcky (at the top of the forum), both the Ren and FS Marriott have lounges open on the weekend. As a Gold you should have access to them.

Not sure about the free booze, but it was free in Amsterdam, so maybe. I think there's a thread on that, but not a sticky. Search is your friend.
Thanks BigLar I'm kinda new around here.

After using the search feature on your sticky, out of 335 posts, I came up with 3 non-relevant comments for my question.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Ren has free booze, was there in January. Lounge has breakfast, evening snack and dessert on weekends. Don't expect a room upgrade though as a gold. Also, not sure if you need one or two beds, but when I went all the rooms with two beds were being renovated. Only after I threatened to leave (as my reservation indicated two beds) did they give me a junior suite with a king bed and a sofabed. (before that, they tried to sell me an upgrade for 79 EUR a night). Try for a LNF claim using booking.com breakfast rate.

I walked over to where the Marriott was while in Brussels. It is definitely in a busier area, but I appreciated the quietness of the Ren. Also, the Ren was right next to a train station (going to Luxembourg one way, and the other downtown Brussels stations in the other). It was very handy when traveling to Ghent and Bruges for the day trips we took.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Ren has free booze, was there in January. Lounge has breakfast, evening snack and dessert on weekends. Don't expect a room upgrade though as a gold. Also, not sure if you need one or two beds, but when I went all the rooms with two beds were being renovated. Only after I threatened to leave (as my reservation indicated two beds) did they give me a junior suite with a king bed and a sofabed. (before that, they tried to sell me an upgrade for 79 EUR a night). Try for a LNF claim using booking.com breakfast rate.

I walked over to where the Marriott was while in Brussels. It is definitely in a busier area, but I appreciated the quietness of the Ren. Also, the Ren was right next to a train station (going to Luxembourg one way, and the other downtown Brussels stations in the other). It was very handy when traveling to Ghent and Bruges for the day trips we took.
The Marriott is in a good location and the rooms were pretty good for Europe. I do not recall a C lounge, but I may have been too busy to use it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AA ExecP
Just stayed - no internet for plats even on short term stay (wanted 20E a day). Only one computer to use on executive floor at the Ren with internet. Only enough hot water for 2 people to shower consecutively. After third, water was cold (this happened 3 days in a row).
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
brussels marriott gold perks

Hi anyone stayed at the marriott brussels lately I am now down to gold and wondered are there any perks for gold members also what is the lounge like.
Many thanks
cal
Old May 24, 2011, 12:36 pm

Burssels Marriott

Can anyone tell me what they think the best Marriott in Brussels is? I am looking at vacationing there and saw that there are a couple Marriott properties.

Thank you
Old May 24, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Amongst other threads, just search 'Brussels' in the Marriott forum and you get this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rr-vs-ren.html
Old May 24, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
Both the Marriott and the Ren are really nice properties. you really cant go wrong with either one. I think the staff at the ren are nicer though - i made friends with the concierge, and he comped my parking every day i was there. that being said, whats the context of your trip? the Marriott is good if you want to get out and see things. the grand place is close, and so is restaurant row, as well as ton of shopping. if you are driving however, its a pain to get to and park. The ren is in a quieter area, near the EU, but when the EU is in session, it gets crowded. theres a nice square next to the ren that has a lot of good bars, and is a good place to go for soccer matches. parking is easier there. i personally stay at the marriott when on vacation, and at the ren when on business.
Old May 25, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Brussel Marriott is undergoing Renovations This Summer

Not sure when you are traveling, but the Brussels Marriott is schedule to undergo renovations this summer. According to the website, "Renovation Information – Guest room refurbishment and renovation of executive lounge and Midtown Grill July 4-August 17, 2011. Executive lounge and breakfast area will be relocated to mezzanine level."

Regards,

RIP...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:14 am

Missing Item at Courtyard Brussels

I just checked out of the Courtyard Brussels yesterday and seem to be missing some items (2 nice shirts, a nice pair of sunglasses, and a nice pair of glasses). My girlfriend seems to think it's possible I left my items there, but I'm 100% sure i checked all the drawers before leaving.

I have 2 questions. 1) How have you handed forgotten items before? 2) WHERE can I find the email address to the Courtyard Brussels?

It's BEYOND frustrating that there's no email address ANYWHERE for the hotel. I've looked online and have found NOTHING. I'm abroad right now with no phone, so I need an email address to contact them. Thanks,
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hoosierg35
I have 2 questions. 1) How have you handed forgotten items before? 2) WHERE can I find the email address to the Courtyard Brussels?
I usually use the generic adress for the GM of the hotel, which in this case is [email protected]. I have done so in the past, had my items located and returned to me during my next stay at that property...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
the hotel's public email is: [email protected]
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Missing item at Courtyard Bremen

We have forgotten Mr. Nacho's trousers. We have searched everywhere but no luck. It was the first night (we did a 2 nights run for megabonus, so it's the husband check out and wife check in thing), so we went down to the reception before check out on the second day. They said there was nothing, but now that we searched every corner of our car and we were sure that it was left in the first room we stayed in.

It was CY Bremen, any idea what the e-mail address of the property/GM is?

Mr. Nacho wrote an e-mail to the front desk and they claim they couldn't find it. We searched everywhere and we are 99.9% sure that it was in the room. I think I'll probably try e-mailing the GM if it can get a better result.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nacho; Aug 16, 2011 at 2:58 am
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premiere, United Premiere, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Are Renovations Complete?

Can anyone confirm that the renovations are complete? Have a stay planned for later in September and want to ensure they are complete.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by mstrg325
Can anyone confirm that the renovations are complete? Have a stay planned for later in September and want to ensure they are complete.

Thanks!
Was there three weeks ago and it was a mess to be honest.

I was told that is the completion was "any day now" but the whole place was smelling of paint, the lobby full of furniture wrapped in plastic and the new Concierge Lounge in the lobby far from finished.

I had a new room, which was nice. The lounge was relocated to a really horrible conference room, full of dirty glasses and crockery (with limited food and drink and terrible service - read nobody there!). The main breakfast room marginally better but still in a horrible conference room with a bad atmosphere and very hot!

It seemed that the management were trying hard to offer acceptable facilities when the building was in chaos, but sadly they were failing in offering a true Marriott experience and still charging pretty high rates.

I am sure by September it will be ready, but I would call them to make sure. I certainly would not return until its all done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.