Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2001, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Staying with the family at this property in October. Does anyone have any opinions or recommendations about this hotel?
Old Mar 6, 2001, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I haven't been there for several years, but we had a great time there. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have a huge pool and attractive grounds, and they're a quick drive from Disney World. I guess the only negative is that they are not really within walking distance of anything.
Old Mar 6, 2001, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 12, 2007 at 2:55 am
Old Mar 7, 2001, 9:01 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Stay there everyyear on business meeting. Great for that (and the sports bar is fun) but not sure I would recomend for a family.
We stayed at the courtyard that is just a walk away from downtown disney and enjoyed that better with the family
Old Mar 7, 2001, 10:04 am

I had a convention there and found that I could stay at the fairly new Imperial Palms Villas (a Marriott timeshare on the World Center grounds) for about the same price as a regular hotel room in the World Center tower. Of course I ended up with a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, "villa" with its own washer/dryer, 3tvs, vcr, jacuzzi, full kitchen and dining room, etc. If you have any flexibility (i.e. its not an award stay) check out the rates at the Imperial Palms or the older (and only 2BR) Sabal or Royal Palms Villas. All are on the World Center property and you can use all the World Center facilities, with full signing to your room privileges. Plus you have your own pool just for the villas - and free parking right at your front door (no hike from the garage or paying for valet). You can reserve at www.marriott.com - just select "Vacation Club" properties.
Old Mar 12, 2001, 3:58 am

Pay $ to upgrade your room.....
Old Mar 20, 2001, 8:44 pm

Arghhh: Orlando World Center reward stay open all but one night

Any ideas out there?

We have a 713 award (7 nights, any Marriott) we'd like to use at the Orlando World Center October 4th through the 11th. Every night is available except for the 8th -- and that night (a Monday...) is fully booked.

The 713 award is for a consecutive stay and the 8th falls right in the middle of the week we want. Very frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm a Hilton Gold, but no status with Marriott unfortunately.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I recently ran into the same problem in London, for a stay in April 2001. I was told -- over and over again, by people at various levels of authority in Marriott -- that the nights do NOT need to be consecutive, as long as you don't check out of the hotel. For example, if you stay 10 nights, and only seven are available for free, that's OK. You pay for the other three nights, and use the certificate for the non-consecutive seven free nights. If you check out, however, then you cannot use any nights remaining on the certificate. I was told this rule so often and so persuasively and consistently, that I am convinced it is correct.

Regarding the London reservation that led to my learning this rule, I eventually got the missing eighth night in the middle for free, too. I had to order another certificate, however (30,000 more points).

Bruce
Old Mar 21, 2001, 7:55 am

Skip the 713 Award (at 200,000 points) and redeem a 393 Award (at 150,000 points) for 7 nights at the on-property Royal or Sabal Palms Vacation Club Villas, or a 393 Award coupled with a 400 Award (at 185,000 points) for 7 nights at the 3 Bedroom Imperial Palms Villas, also on the grounds of the World Center. You'll have much more space, a full kitchen, dining room, jacuzzi, etc. Even though you don't get the plane tickets you do with the 713, these would still be a very good use of your points.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 9:10 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by bdschobel:
I recently ran into the same problem in London, for a stay in April 2001. I was told -- over and over again, by people at various levels of authority in Marriott -- that the nights do NOT need to be consecutive, as long as you don't check out of the hotel. For example, if you stay 10 nights, and only seven are available for free, that's OK. You pay for the other three nights, and use the certificate for the non-consecutive seven free nights. If you check out, however, then you cannot use any nights remaining on the certificate. I was told this rule so often and so persuasively and consistently, that I am convinced it is correct.

Regarding the London reservation that led to my learning this rule, I eventually got the missing eighth night in the middle for free, too. I had to order another certificate, however (30,000 more points).

Bruce
Dear Bruce,

Then, someone could use their free stays during the weekdays, when the rates are higher, then pay for the weekend rate, and then use the rest of the free days at the weekday rates, again?

Very interesting!!

Old Mar 21, 2001, 11:33 am

Just so you know, my #713 certificate does say "good for 1 free guest room for 7 consecutive nights", and further on down,
"a certificate is good for one consecutive stay, for one room only, as shown on the certificate."
Old Mar 21, 2001, 7:10 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
Yes, it is corrrect that you can stay eight days and pay for one, using your seven day cert for the others.... regardless of when the one "not available for reward" day is. In your case, that is the specific day you would have to pay for. However, if ten days were available, for example, you could stay for the ten days and pay for three.... choosing the three cheapest days'rates. I have done that several times.
Old Mar 25, 2001, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I second the recommendation to stay at the Sabal Palms. We used the reward two years ago and found the 2 bedroom condo w/ kitchen was a much better deal than the rooms at the World Center. I have stayed a couple of times at the World Center for conferences and although the property is great, the condos were a much better value. You can also go on the time share tour for I think it was 25,ooo point bonus. When we stayed for our 7days, the reward level was reduced because they were redoing the golf course. Coupled with the time share tour points, I think it ended up costing us 35-50,000 points for the week. A great bargain.
Old Sep 22, 2001, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Suites at the Orlando World Center?

Anyone ever been to a suite at the World Center in Orlando? What are they like? Are they worth the extra money? What else is to report on this property? Any special hints?

Muerz
Old Sep 22, 2001, 8:45 am

Rather than a suite at the World Center I would book a three bedroom Villa at Marriott's Imperial Palms Villas http://www.vacationclub.com/rentals/resorts/im.asp - which is located on the World Center grounds, but also has its own seperate pool, clubhouse and check-in location, and you park right at the door. (Instead of having to valet at the World Center or hike from their garage.) You are free to use all the World Center facilities, have signing privileges at the restaurants, are on the same phone system, etc., but you get a spectacular 1600+ sq. ft. three bedroom villa with a jacuzzi, full kitchen (stocked with all china, etc.) a large dining area and bar, 3 tvs, vcr, screened patio, washer and dryer in unit, etc. They also have two bedroom units at Sabal and Royal Palms, but these units are older (particularly Sabal Palms), and the interiors are somewhat dated - so even if you don't need the third bedroom, opt for Imperial Palms (pricing is generally very close).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.