Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:28 pm

I recently completed a stay here. I should say 2 things first though. 1) While the hotel is a nice resort and such, it is no secret around here that the place is a money grab and offers little value to elites. and 2) This was actually my 2nd or third choice. I was really trying for the JW or Ritz but availability at both properties didnt allow that. This was my 3rd stay here in the last 8 or 9 years so I knew what to expect and not get any hopes up, plus the hotel was sold out the first couple of nights of my stay.

I am Plat. premier and LTP, but im not sure hotel sees the LTP part.

I reserved a standard resort view room on points. 2 or 3 days before arrival, the app showed that i was pre-upgraded to a pool view laser room. Sometime between then and the day of my flight down there I was upgraded further to an Executive Suite(!). As I didnt arrive until later in the evening, i fully expected another guest to end up with it. Long story short, i checked in and was able to secure the exec. suite.

They have the BS fees we all know and love around here. daily resort fees and self parking fees. To my surprise, the front desk agent, without me even bringing it up said I am going to give you free self parking for your stay due to your status(!). On the resort fee front, I realized at check out that they gave me a discount on that as well, presumably to cover the internet access that i already get for free due to status. it was only a couple of bucks per day but its the thought that counts.

The rest of the stay was great as it usually is. Great pool area and water slides. Balconies are nice. Laser show is nice to watch but i wouldnt pay extra for it. Didnt eat on property so i can not comment on that.

Bottom line, if the world center has upped their game in how they treat elites (and i wasnt a unicorn case) then i believe it makes it a great option for plats and PP to vacation at.

Fwiw, i didnt see it since it went to my spam folder but it seems the "hospitality / vip department" emailed me several days before my stay letting me know they were handling my reservation and would continue trying to upgrade me as space allowed which it appears they did follow through on this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:47 am
Suspended

Don't expect that everytime
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Attended my annual estate tax conference at this property last month.

Room service in its traditional form is gone, and they now have a "Central Pantry" on the ground floor of the hotel (one floor below the reception desk, in the old food court location) where you can either pick up pre-prepared food from 6:00 am until 2:00 am (or order Fresh Bites food from your room for either pickup (easier) or delivery within 25 minutes (for a $5 charge, if I remember). Prices were reasonable given the resort nature of the hotel. Now if they only would have included a Fresh Bites menu in my room...

The Hawk's Landing steakhouse no longer appears on the hotel's website restaurant list, but it is listed on the Golf Club website --- so I'm not sure why it would have been taken off the website (and the property map given to me at check in).

My MR points haven't yet posted from the stay --- and now that it's 10 days + after checkout, I've submitted my printed out folio to HQ to get the points posted. Normally they post "late" --- but this is later than usual.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:40 pm

to those who may have stayed after the august changes, what is this resort doing for plat. breakfasts? in one of the restaurants? grab and go in the central pantry?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:25 pm

Per TripAdvisor, it appears to be a continental breakfast (no hot items) in the main restaurant. I'm checking in Sunday evening and I'll post an update.
Muerz likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:11 am

Platinum Breakfast Offering - Orlando World Center Marriott

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Per TripAdvisor, it appears to be a continental breakfast (no hot items) in the main restaurant. I'm checking in Sunday evening and I'll post an update.
It's a continental breakfast offering with an opportunity to obtain the full breakfast buffet for a $7 per person upcharge. Details are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30662240.

On a separate note, new management at the hotel. Initial impression was little, if any continuity of knowledge passed from old management to new with respect to large events that have historically been held at the hotel. Several years ago when I first made Platinum the World Center Marriott proactively reached out to me before the meeting to ask about hotel room location preference. This year the tower location preference which they had recognized ever since then was forgotten in the transition to new management. It took some time at check-in to get moved to my preferred tower location.
KRSW likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
From https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30662240-post147.html:

Gratuity and tax are included on the complimentary continental breakfast. Two checks are presented (and need to be signed for) if the full buffet upgrade is chosen --- a zero total cost continental and the $7.00 plus gratuity plus tax upgrade cost ($8.80 total).
I actually think they're getting a double gratuity because there were two breakfasts purchased; one complimentary and one discounted.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
From https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30662240-post147.html:

I actually think they're getting a double gratuity because there were two breakfasts purchased; one complimentary and one discounted.
Two gratuities, but calculated on the two pieces of the same $28.00 total amount. The complimentary component is $21.00, the upcharge amount is $7.00. Full buffet cost is $28.00. The hotel pays the gratuity and tax on the $21.00 portion.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Two gratuities, but calculated on the two pieces of the same $28.00 total amount. The complimentary component is $21.00, the upcharge amount is $7.00. Full buffet cost is $28.00. The hotel pays the gratuity and tax on the $21.00 portion.
Or Marriott.

Not sure if the hotel eats the cost of a "complimentary" breakfast or Marriott is billed and reimburses the hotel.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
I stayed here Jan 9-13 on points with the family. I am Plat. I booked a resort view room and was upgraded to a pool view. That is all for Plat recognition. I paid full pop for resort fee ($25 per day) even though as Plat I get free Wifi. I also paid $23.43 per day for parking. The "free" breakfast is continental as mentioned previously with an available up charge for $7. Paid $11 per child for their full breakfast buffet so had them sneak us some hot items when we wanted

Pool was nice and the kids enjoyed the laser show at night. They also enjoyed the water slides. All in all it was a pleasant stay, I was just disappointed in up charge for full breakfast and having to pay full price for parking/resort fee.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Welcome to Orlando
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:36 pm

Had to submit a Missing Stay request once again for my annual conference stay.

I had hoped that the new management team would have been on top of it this year. Nope.

Be sure to save your folio receipts!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
We are staying here for one night prior to a cruise...plan on using the pool during the day, getting a late check out (Titanium) and then catching a ride out to Port Canaveral.

We have some friends coming in that morning. Does anyone know if they can access the pool with us if they come visit for the day?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:48 pm

So apparently now their substitute benefit for internet included in resort fee is no longer a discount on the resort fee. It is...get this...a whopping 135 points per day
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bsdstone
We are staying here for one night prior to a cruise...plan on using the pool during the day, getting a late check out (Titanium) and then catching a ride out to Port Canaveral.

We have some friends coming in that morning. Does anyone know if they can access the pool with us if they come visit for the day?
Have you checked to see what time your cruise leaves? Most leave in the early afternoon and your first cruise day is your embarkation day. They will start checking folks in starting usually around 10:30am and boarding shortly there after. I am not sure why you would need late check out. To each his own but you may want to do a bit of research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.