Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 8:03 pm

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
It's not that far, maybe 10-15 mins. drive. As far as the restuarant for a buffet it's very good. IMO I would recommend going to Hemmingways at the Grand Cypruss. They have a 2 lb. stuff lobster with a lump crabcake that's Great!

Good luck
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
IMHO all restaurants are good at the World Center Marriott.

- Solaris is serving the best breakfast buffet around and also a nice Brunch (don't know about dinner buffet though)
- Tuscany serves nice upscale Italian (Tuscan) food
- Hawks Landing steak house is serving good grill fare (although as long as steaks are concerned, I prefer The Butcher's Steak House at Mercado Village on International Drive)
- Mikado serves great teppan-yaki food!
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Thumbs up

Solaris is a very good breakfast buffet...but Hawks and the other restaurants in this hotle are pretty good...but the BEST restaurant, IMO, in the area is Atlantis at the Renaissance Sea World; closed sun-Mon. It is one of the few rated 4 star in the area. kevin is the mgr, who has been there from day 1 , 20 years ago opened...call for resv's...its alittle pricy but worth it!
Old Apr 12, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Yikes! The OWC Marriott restaurants are definitely NOT worth leaving Disney property for. Solaris is very average Marriott fare; Tuscany's is at least something more special. I had a poor experience at Hawk's Landing on New Year's Eve so wouldn't recommend it.

Palio at the Swan is FAR superior to Tuscany's, and Gulliver's blows Solaris away. Don't even make me compare Shula's at the Dolphin to Hawk's Landing.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Yikes! The OWC Marriott restaurants are definitely NOT worth leaving Disney property for. Solaris is very average Marriott fare; Tuscany's is at least something more special. I had a poor experience at Hawk's Landing on New Year's Eve so wouldn't recommend it.

Palio at the Swan is FAR superior to Tuscany's, and Gulliver's blows Solaris away. Don't even make me compare Shula's at the Dolphin to Hawk's Landing.
Well, this time around, I think you're more than wrong but I already mentioned how I feel about this property's food outlets above
Old Apr 14, 2004, 6:16 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jnbinpvb
Solaris is a very good breakfast buffet...but Hawks and the other restaurants in this hotle are pretty good...but the BEST restaurant, IMO, in the area is Atlantis at the Renaissance Sea World; closed sun-Mon. It is one of the few rated 4 star in the area. kevin is the mgr, who has been there from day 1 , 20 years ago opened...call for resv's...its alittle pricy but worth it!
I agree that Atlantis is one of the best restaurants in the area, but it is not that close to Disney.
I'm a big fan of the OWC but I wouldn't put up with the hassle of going to this huge place for dinner (parking alone will be a problem) when your hotel has good options and their are numerous stand alone upscale restaurants on and off of I-drive.

If you do go there, enjoy!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by foodguy
there are numerous stand alone upscale restaurants on and off of I-drive.
If you are a friend of good steaks, go to the Butcher's Steakhouse at Mercado Village on Intl Drive. Another good and less pricey option would be Cattleman's Steakhouse (or Cattleham's, don't know how its called exactly), also on I-Drive. I think its not too far from the Castle Hotel
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat., WN CP, Marriott Platinum
We just got back from the Marriott World Center, and I would recommend Hawk's landing. It is a very nice restaurant with GREAT service. The interesting thing is that as the waitress was bringing out the dinner -- she dropped in on the floor. The restaurant gave us the entire dinner plus desserts -FREE 100 bucks saved. It was the best experience at that hotel.

PS. Great Breakfast Buffet!
Old May 15, 2004, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Stayed from 2nd to 4th may

Hi,

Dates of Stay 2ns-4th May
Room 21830 ( East Tower by the lobby)
Rate $219 ( inc breakfast)
Silver MR
I arrived at around 230pm on the 2nd of May. One person in front of me at check in and it was done quickly and friendly. I got a list of activities at the hotel, map and the Elite Member door keycard.

I took the glass elevators to the 18th floot and it is amazing to travel up through the lobby roof.
I was expecting an standard veiw room but got a room overlooking the pool area and views across to Epcot ( the Space ship Earth) and to the right the Contemporary resort at the magic kingdom.

The room was nice and bright, well maintained with a bathrobe ( not as fluffy as the Hilton but still nice). Good Tv, bed was comfortable, large sink in the dressing area ( bathroom had toilet & shower only) and good water pressure.
The big draw is the pool area it is amazing with a hughe main pool with waterfalls and water slide ( I went up and down it lots of times) with another pool by the PAvillion bar and the Fitness centre/spa poo around the corner of the west wing( a large pool and ususally deserted ( also an indoor pool)

The pools were never crowded.

I had dinner in Solaris and a good selection of food and reasonably priced.

They have a Starbucks with reasonable prices ( $4 for a large latte)

The Fitness Center is good with a large number of machines open 24 hours ( end of the West wing which is a few minutes walk from the lobby)

My room rate included the buffet at Solaris. You sign the charge ($16) but it does not appear on your bill. A very large breakfast selection & very good oj ( served by the server)

At 9am from my balcony I could see Wishes in the distance and the illumination fireworks from Epcot ( amazing) Other people form that side of the hotel were looking at it also.

I had my laundry done by the hotel ( quick-phoned at 930, collected a few minutes later and returned about 430pm) reasonably priced for the hotel.

I went to the Orlando premium outlets by taxi ($10).

On my check out day check out time was 11am but I got a 2pm check out with no charge ( I was expecting 1pm or a charge so quite pleased).

Overall a very nice hotel, great facilities and beautifully landscapes for a few days but if you want to tour the resorts then a car is definatley a big plus.

Regards

TBS
Old May 15, 2004, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Good review. The MWC used to be one of our favorites, but after a couple of so-so stays a few years back we've gone elsewhere. It might be time for a return visit, however $219 is on the high side for the area. Fortunately it sounds like you had a nice room.
Old May 15, 2004, 1:29 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed there several times........

last month on points (surprised by a $25 a day "UPGRADE" charge after check out.... not good, really upset me since I am entitled to best available room per the Platinum Guarantee)

Other times I got rates in the high 90's or low 100's, but it really depends on occupancy rate at the hotel.

Obviously you can tell it is still one of my favorite hotels and will probably be staying there again in the near future ....
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Cool Orlando World Center Resort - Incredible Deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...571738380&rd=1

Above is a certificate that the Orlando World Center attaches to all guest folios. It's being auctioned on ebay. Anyone know the rate code that is concealed? (I tried the entire list including all the breakfast related ones and didn't come up with it.) It is an incredible deal for a room at this hotel without the upgrade and breakfast.

Anyone?

For histerical purposes (after the link dies):

Orlando World Center Resort
Marriott

A World of Thanks

It's been our pleasure to have you as our guest and we'd like to invite you back this summer. Take advantage of this excluseive offer to enjoy our Stay for Breakfast Package, including an upgraded poolview room and breakfast for 2 adults and kids 12 and under.

Starting at $139 per night
Rade code ???? Book by 4/30/05!
Valid 5/24/05 - 9/5/05

Call 800-390-9058 marriottworldcenter.com

*Subject to availability. (Unreadable text)

Last edited by jonathansullivan; Apr 14, 2005 at 10:35 pm
Old Apr 14, 2005, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
They gave one to me when I stayed in January. I will look to see if I still have the coupon when I get home, as well as see if you need to turn it in at checkin to get the rate.

It seemed like a good deal to me also but my wife had no interest in going to MCO when it is so hot down there and the parks are so crowded.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:27 am
E

I would also be VERY interested in one of these certificates, as we are taking the little critters to Orlando in mid-June and a two night stay at that property would be just about perfect!!!

Please advise, or possibly let me know how to obtain one of these certificates. Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:31 am

That package is advertised on the property's website with rate code is S4B. The rate isn't as low as $139 for the sample date that I plugged in, but I'd be willing to bet that that's an offseason rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.