Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: US CP | MR PL | HH Diamond | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Any updates for this property

I have to go here in a couple weeks and this is where they recommend although I'm tempted to go to the Res Inn not too far away as its much more reasonably priced
I was at that RI last summer and am not a fan. Just plain dirty everywhere you look. From the rooms to the lobby to the restaurant... yuk
Old May 12, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Anyone have a recent stay here?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Anyone have a recent stay at any of the Buffalo-area hotels? We are planning to do a single night stopover after a long day's drive to rest before a day at the falls, so there is no need to be in Buffalo city itself, just somewhere easy off the highway and nice/clean/competent. From these (older) posts, the Fairfield Inn by the airport seems to be a good choice (with basic breakfast for the family/kids to start the morning) but wanted to see if others had any input more recently. Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dcchi
Anyone have a recent stay at any of the Buffalo-area hotels? We are planning to do a single night stopover after a long day's drive to rest before a day at the falls, so there is no need to be in Buffalo city itself, just somewhere easy off the highway and nice/clean/competent. From these (older) posts, the Fairfield Inn by the airport seems to be a good choice (with basic breakfast for the family/kids to start the morning) but wanted to see if others had any input more recently. Many thanks in advance.
The Buffalo Marriott Niagara is nice (stayed there about a month ago). It has been renovated in the last few years. The hotel you referenced is nice as well. It is fairly new. You cannot go wrong with either and both are not to far away from Niagara Falls. Really depends on which of those two types of Marriott's you prefer when traveling with the family.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I completed a 1 night stay at the CY Buffalo Downtown Canalside last week. I was very impressed! The hotel is only about 1 year old and still feels brand new. As a Plat I was upgraded to a 2 bed suite – very nice since we were on a family trip and had 3 people. It’s the new grey interior rooms that my sister and I both really liked – very modern looking and TONS of power outlets (very important!). Apparently this new model is called “Synergy” and it really works. Also a much larger than usual bathroom. Outside of the Bistro there is a nice firepit area which is wonderful for evening drinks. Also lots of outdoor seating right in front of the hotel. The hot tub/pool area was prob one of the nicest I’ve ever seen – not just for a CY, but for any MR property. The indoor lobby area was also very nice – very spacious and colorful.

The immediate area has quite a bit to do as well. The canal side light rail stop is literally right in front of the hotel. There’s a Tim Hortons (!) right across the street if you don’t want to pay for the Bistro. And the canal area is beautiful.
If I’m ever in Buffalo again I would stay here again without hesitation.

As an aside, this is right across the street from the new HARBORCENTER (yes it’s all caps and all one word). There’s not much open inside yet except for the aforementioned Tim Hortons and a sports bar. But they are building the new FS Marriott right there – by the looks of the exterior it looks like every other FS Marriott. Website says it will be open in August but in mid-May it looked like a lot of work still had to be done – but I am not a construction expert so maybe August is still a possibility.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report on CY Buf Dwntwn Canal. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by jlb3
I completed a 1 night stay at the CY Buffalo Downtown Canalside last week. I was very impressed! The hotel is only about 1 year old and still feels brand new. As a Plat I was upgraded to a 2 bed suite very nice since we were on a family trip and had 3 people. Its the new grey interior rooms that my sister and I both really liked very modern looking and TONS of power outlets (very important!). Apparently this new model is called Synergy and it really works. Also a much larger than usual bathroom. Outside of the Bistro there is a nice firepit area which is wonderful for evening drinks. Also lots of outdoor seating right in front of the hotel. The hot tub/pool area was prob one of the nicest Ive ever seen not just for a CY, but for any MR property. The indoor lobby area was also very nice very spacious and colorful.

The immediate area has quite a bit to do as well. The canal side light rail stop is literally right in front of the hotel. Theres a Tim Hortons (!) right across the street if you dont want to pay for the Bistro. And the canal area is beautiful.
If Im ever in Buffalo again I would stay here again without hesitation.

As an aside, this is right across the street from the new HARBORCENTER (yes its all caps and all one word). Theres not much open inside yet except for the aforementioned Tim Hortons and a sports bar. But they are building the new FS Marriott right there by the looks of the exterior it looks like every other FS Marriott. Website says it will be open in August but in mid-May it looked like a lot of work still had to be done but I am not a construction expert so maybe August is still a possibility.
Thank you for this. I'm planning a stay there next week for work, and it looks like it's pretty nice. A shame the FS isn't open yet.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Gold, United Silver
Hard to believe that not that long ago he whole canalside area was basically a large unpaved parking lot. Mr. Pegula put a lot of effort, and money, in that part of town.

GO Sabres!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

The boss is sending me to the Buffalo Niagara Marriott the first week of January for 2 days.....I'm trying to get them to send me to the FS downtown Buffalo...what ur thoughts???
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
If you're flying there's a trio of Marriott properties right across the street from the airport with free pickup. The FS Marriott your boss wants is out in the 'burbs in Amherst and there's not much walkable. It's a decent enough 70's-style Marriott and I've been there many times. The "new" downtown one is the one in Harborcenter - I can't remember for sure if it was a re-do or new build. Downtown Buffalo isn't exactly known for vibrant nightlife, but they are making great strides to revitalize the area. There's a nice Courtyard downtown as well. There are lots of other Marriott properties to choose from as well - Buffalo has one of the highest saturations per-capita I've seen.

Last edited by yyzflyer; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Buffalo Niagara Marriott Up for Auction
https://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...t-6-5-million/
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Buffalo Niagara Marriott Up for Auction
https://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...t-6-5-million/
That's a fascinating story and might be a real bargain for the new owner, since it sounds like it's been renovated to some degree. Business there is very seasonal - focusing on the nearby university when in session and wooing Canadian cross-border shoppers the rest of the time. With the current crisis affecting both those sources there's not much hope for income in the short term, and of course there's much more competition in the area since it was built. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent updates?
Has wifi improved? (poor reports on TripAdvisor)
Concierge Lounge good?
Any restaurants nearby that you recommend?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:34 am

This used to be our regular "go-to" in the area, when the hotel's dining room (Panache) was one of the best in the neighborhood. Most of the major chain restaurants are represented along Maple Rd. and nearby Niagara Falls Blvd., but for more eclectic local options you'd have to go further afield. We like the Reikart House (also Marriott) when in Amherst. It has its own excellent restaurant.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
This used to be our regular "go-to" in the area, when the hotel's dining room (Panache) was one of the best in the neighborhood. Most of the major chain restaurants are represented along Maple Rd. and nearby Niagara Falls Blvd., but for more eclectic local options you'd have to go further afield. We like the Reikart House (also Marriott) when in Amherst. It has its own excellent restaurant.
Reikart House is booked for our travel days but that's a good idea to try their restaurant. I assume Panache is no longer a restaurant of choice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.