Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Well, it's rare to actually find "real" Buffalo wings outside of Buffalo. Most restaurants outside of Buffalo bake the wings, slap on some BBQ sauce, and call them Buffalo wings. NOT!
Can Buffalos fly? :P

Ron.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Well, it's rare to actually find "real" Buffalo wings outside of Buffalo. Most restaurants outside of Buffalo bake the wings, slap on some BBQ sauce, and call them Buffalo wings. NOT!

I live in FL now, and some places have decent wings, but not too long ago some places use to put honey in the hot sauce to make it "stick to the wings" and then call them Buffalo wings!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
renovations

Staying now on concierge floor. Room renovated. New furniture, bathroom, and flat panel lcd tv (with no hd channels). One huge upgrade is new concierge lounge, which is quite nice with ok vittles. Great improvement over what had to be the worst lounge of any Marriott.

As to wings, none beat "Tark's" in Dania, Florida.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Any updates for this property

I have to go here in a couple weeks and this is where they recommend although I'm tempted to go to the Res Inn not too far away as its much more reasonably priced
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:53 pm

I live locally, the Marriott has been completely renovated recently, within the last year or two. The Residence Inn property has been around for 20 years or so, and I am unsure how much has been renovated there, so I would be wary
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by rss716
I live locally, the Marriott has been completely renovated recently, within the last year or two. The Residence Inn property has been around for 20 years or so, and I am unsure how much has been renovated there, so I would be wary
thanks for the heads up; that does probably explain the difference in price though
Old Mar 27, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you're paying the bill (rather than writing it off as an expense), try priceline. This is the only 3.5* in that zone and usually goes for $60-$75
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by rss716
Stayed recently at the Residence Inn on Maple (couple of blocks from the FS Marriott) and I can confirm the above about being wary. Formerly one of our favorites in the area, it is now in pretty rough shape and badly in need of a makeover. On weekends they also ask you to sign a separate "bond" agreeing to pay for any damage to the room and charge a refundable $100 deposit to your credit card to ensure this. The latter was waived for myself as an elite member, but I still had to sign the paper before they would process check-in. They say this is due to a lot of problems with local partyers, but it is a sad testimony to what used to be a well-kept property. Breakfast was rather pitiful and full of very large local family groups.

On the other hand, the other local Residence Inn in Cheektowaga (which is the new style) has overcome some of their management issues. I am happy to report large improvements in housekeeping and food service. Since it is in a much better location, they'll be getting more of our business in the future.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
If you're paying the bill (rather than writing it off as an expense), try priceline. This is the only 3.5* in that zone and usually goes for $60-$75
That's an excellent tip! My sister just asked me for help to get her a better deal at the Buffalo Marriott than the $159 group rate they are getting. (She is a single Mom and is going there for 2 nights with her daughter for a soccer tournament.)

The team is staying at this hotel. Is there any chance that she will end up at a different hotel? I've never used Priceline before, so not sure how far afield they look for potential matches.

How soon do you find out what hotel you got? They are looking to stay July 24-26.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:38 am

I recently stayed at this hotel. The rooms have been renovated and are decent. There's a 32" LCD TV but no High Def. The bathroom is quite small but is adequate. There is a Houlihan's Restaurant onsite. There is a computer in the lobby which I think was free to use - it may have been for boarding passes - I did not check. Wired internet was $10 per day but they gave me a code so I could use it for free - I assume this is because I have Gold status.

The hotel provides an Airport shuttle for free.

The lounge is on the 10th floor and is not open on weekends.

The only complaint that I have is that I had an adjoining room and there was about a 1-2 inch gap under the door so I could hear the persons TV, talking,... Other than that, I had a good stay.

margarita girl - sent you a PM about Priceline

Last edited by martyYYZ; Jun 14, 2009 at 11:47 am
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Wanted to report that I was able to get this hotel for $86/night for late July on Priceline thanks to the excellent advice I received here. THANK YOU martyYYZ! Not as good as some of the prices reported earlier, but that is probably due to the high demand for the Niagara Falls area at this time of year.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
EEO Coupon also applies

Just another tip is the EEO Coupon may also help to lower the rate if your stay is on weekend for 2 n ights.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:06 am

Stayed here recently on a Priceline rate of $52. As a gold member, I was given access to the lounge which had a decent selection of food and an honour bar.

In the lounge...
Evening had Roast Beef Au Jus, a veggie tray, grilled vegetables (cold), cheese, crackers, chips, mixed nuts,...

For dessert, there was a cheesecake and a chocolate cake.

Breakfast had scrambled eggs, ham, bagels, toast, yogurt,...

The lounge was open from 6am-11pm weekdays. Soft drinks and water were available all day

I would definately stay here again, especially at this rate.

Last edited by martyYYZ; Jan 6, 2010 at 8:12 am
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: MR Gold
I'm staying at the FI near BUF starting this evening but am considering switching to the FS after the rest of my traveling party departs, just for Friday evening. Rate is cheaper by about $30. Is breakfast available on weekends at this property?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PSUMarkDC
I'm staying at the FI near BUF starting this evening but am considering switching to the FS after the rest of my traveling party departs, just for Friday evening. Rate is cheaper by about $30. Is breakfast available on weekends at this property?
The club lounge is closed on the weekend; I'm sure the restaurant is open. The FI is very nice, small rooms though.

With a $30 rate difference, you can buy breakfast and still come out ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.