Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]

Old Jan 11, 07, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post
Word on the street is the Hampton Inn downtown is one of the nicest HI's in the Hilton system.
Yeah, that seems to be the Tripadvisor consensus, but if I'm forced to give up a night credit towards Marriott elite status, I'm not going to do it in favor of a Hampton Inn, no matter how nice the Hampton. Now, back to the 70's.
Old Jan 11, 07, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the Tripadvisor consensus, but if I'm forced to give up a night credit towards Marriott elite status, I'm not going to do it in favor of a Hampton Inn, no matter how nice the Hampton. Now, back to the 70's.
Hmmmph!

Snob.
Old Jan 12, 07, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat 1MM
We stayed at the Buffalo Marriott recently. I'd have to agree with those who say it's showing its age, but at least they had the new bedding and have maintained excellent food service. Once a leader in the area, Marriott has let Hilton outpace it in new construction. However, rumors persist about a brand new full-service Marriott to be constructed on Genesee Street across from the airport (adjacent to the brand new Hilton Garden Inn).
Old Jan 12, 07, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by yyzflyer View Post
Marriott has let Hilton outpace it in new construction. However, rumors persist about a brand new full-service Marriott to be constructed on Genesee Street across from the airport (adjacent to the brand new Hilton Garden Inn).
The latest drawings I looked at last year, proposed a Courtyard and a Residence Inn on that property.

Casey.
Old Jan 12, 07, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by yyzflyer View Post
We stayed at the Buffalo Marriott recently. I'd have to agree with those who say it's showing its age, but at least they had the new bedding and have maintained excellent food service.
This week, I had two room service dinners, and ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant (Houlihan's) once. Room service dinner was prepared well, but brought to my room cold, both times. Breakfast in the restaurant was fine. As to the bedding, the sheets and linens were the new Marriott standard, but the mattress was a bit hard.

Last edited by ohmark; Jan 12, 07 at 11:34 pm
Old Apr 16, 08, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Any updated take on the FS Marriott in Buffalo?
Old Apr 16, 08, 12:59 pm

Good news and bad news on this property. Bad news- not a thing has changed and everything posted here is still as stated. Good news- renovations have begun.

I stay at this hotel once a month and am due back next week. So far the construction has been minimal and not bothersome. Plan is to close one floor at a time and work is supposed to take all year.

If it weren’t for the points I am addicted to accumulating I agree with the other posters- the Hampton Downtown is supposed to be one of the nicer hotels in Buffalo. I have stayed at the Hyatt and cannot recommend it. While the Marriott may be stuck in the 90’s the Hyatt is yet to leave the 70’s!!!! I am also told the Indigo next to the Marriott is very nice (it is the former Hampton Inn)

Only two good things to say about this hotel- staff seems friendly and Duff’s is just down the street (some of the best wings I have ever had!)
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Marriott Silver
Unless they did major renovations when they switched from Hampton Inn to Indigo I wouldn't give up Marriott points in hopes of a nicer stay across the street. It was a serviceable HI but never a very nice one.
Old Jul 14, 08, 11:30 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
Major and extensive construction is going on -- avoid this place for a while. I had to check out early because I couldn't stand the amount of noise from the construction. On the plus side -- it looks like it will be nice when its finished. Probably the nicest hotel besides Indigo in that area.
Old Jul 14, 08, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott , American, Delta, National
Another vote for the CY. Only downside is that there are no restaurants nearby.

And there are two new MAR properties being built on the airport access road. Flew out last month and saw the signs, though can't remember which two properties
Old Jul 19, 08, 9:59 pm

Smile

I live in Buffalo. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, the Mansion on Delaware is the best in Buffalo. It's located in the downtown area.

If you need restaurant recommendations near the CY, I could recommend a zillion great restaurants in that area, if you have a car. You don't have to go far. A superb restaurant is Siena on Main Street, just a few miles away. You will probably have to wait for a table, but it's worth the wait. There are many, many others. One thing we know in Buffalo is food, and we do it very, very well.
Old Jul 20, 08, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott , American, Delta, National
Originally Posted by sunnyjl View Post
I live in Buffalo. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, the Mansion on Delaware is the best in Buffalo. It's located in the downtown area.

If you need restaurant recommendations near the CY, I could recommend a zillion great restaurants in that area, if you have a car. You don't have to go far. A superb restaurant is Siena on Main Street, just a few miles away. You will probably have to wait for a table, but it's worth the wait. There are many, many others. One thing we know in Buffalo is food, and we do it very, very well.
Heh, my idea of haute cuisine on my trip was Olive Garden, and I found that easy enough with a nice trip down Harlem to Walden. (Now all you need is a Steak 'n Shake!)

What I meant was that I'm used to a highway interchange with Applebee's/Olive Garden/Outback/Home Depot/Walmart/Courtyard/Springhill/Fairfield/Hampton all within rock-throwing distance of each other, and that isn't the case at the BUF CY. (Yet )
Old Jul 20, 08, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by T3 View Post
Both the Courtyard and the Hampton Inn are generally better options. I've stayed at both. Courtyard is quite new and the Hampton Inn is nice as long as there's not too many teams/groups staying (UB is nearby). There's also a Residence Inn only a block away and I saw that they were doing some renovations about 6 - 9 months ago but I haven't stayed there since that time.
I have stayed at just about every property in the Buffalo area...Marriott and ICHG and it is kind of surprising to me that the best hotel I found in the area is the Holiday Inn Express at the Airport......It is VERY nice and they always treated me like a king....

I have also seen that they are building a new Springhill Suites and Courtyard at the airport as well.....Looks to be a long way off as they were still doing steel work a few weeks ago up there.

Just my two cents.
Old Jul 20, 08, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by sunnyjl View Post
One thing we know in Buffalo is food, and we do it very, very well.
You think we never heard of chicken wings?
Old Jul 29, 08, 10:05 am

Smile

Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
You think we never heard of chicken wings?
Well, it's rare to actually find "real" Buffalo wings outside of Buffalo. Most restaurants outside of Buffalo bake the wings, slap on some BBQ sauce, and call them Buffalo wings. NOT!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: