Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by clin9383
Anyone been to Renaissance waterfront lately? Master thread for lounge says its closed and 1000 points a night. Any update? THanks.
They've been on the weekend breakfast exempt list for years, so I wouldn't expect much in terms of elite benefits. But as someone else said, it never hurts to call since the website isn't always up to date.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Just wrapping up a wonderful 3-night stay at the Marriott Long Wharf. The hotel is virtually back to pre-pandemic normalcy, with the M Club Lounge slated to open back up next week. Daily housekeeping (without needing to request it), restaurant open for breakfast and dinner, gym and pool open, etc. I also got my SNA confirmed five days in advance for a true suite, have found the valet parking guys to be speedy as ever, and have had a couple of good meals at the bar (they got a new chef so most of the menu items are new). I've concluded this is the most consistently great full-service property in town.
I also just wrapped up a trip to the Long Wharf three weeks ago. The M Club had just reopened that week, but, sadly, wasn't open on the weekend while I was there. It was a pricey redemption, but I thoroughly enjoyed the location and property. ...Much more than the more business centered copley place Marriott. Staff was wonderful. Bar staff was just the right level of chatty. Plus they had my favorite bourbon which can be hard to come by in "industrial" settings. Decor was nice. Location was great. My only complaint is that my SNA didn't clear even though they'd been percolating for 4 weeks. Oh well, upgraded to harbor view and everything was quite nice. ...despite the fire alarm and evacuation on our last day there.

I'd go back for sure.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dcchi
Sheraton Framingham

Was doing a looonnng drive from Chicago to Boston (in one day) and ended up booking here on the app just before arriving at night. I would NOT recommend staying here. Old, tired, kind of really weird with the castle theme. Was actually upgraded to a large suite, which was certainly spacious, but spacious with kind of run down 20 year old furniture and worn carpeting and old tiny bathroom isn't really very exciting. I'd stay away and choose another place.
There were a couple of these castle/Tudor themed properties around Boston back when I moved there in '86. I remember one up in Nashua. I'm surprised any of them are still around. They were outdated back then, never mind now.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm surprised any of them are still around. They were outdated back then, never mind now.
Maybe true as an adult, but as a kid when we would drive by that castle on the Pike I *so* wanted to stay there. I wouldn't have cared about outdated decor or old furniture or anything like that. I wanted to stay in a CASTLE!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:20 am
azj

Two nights in Boston will complete my road trip around NE in October. I've stayed at the Long Wharf before and would stay again due to location and convenience. Rates are high all over the city for that weekend, so am considering using points or even Hyatt points for better value stay at the Centric. I'm Plat and likely Titanium upon arrival, or on the trip at the latest. I usually gravitate towards Bonvoy because of status. I'm also thinking about the W as well. Try something new or go with what I know? This will be my travel companions first time to Boston, so we'll want to see some sights and eat good food.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by azj
Two nights in Boston will complete my road trip around NE in October. I've stayed at the Long Wharf before and would stay again due to location and convenience. Rates are high all over the city for that weekend, so am considering using points or even Hyatt points for better value stay at the Centric. I'm Plat and likely Titanium upon arrival, or on the trip at the latest. I usually gravitate towards Bonvoy because of status. I'm also thinking about the W as well. Try something new or go with what I know? This will be my travel companions first time to Boston, so we'll want to see some sights and eat good food.
Leafpeeper season is always an expensive time of year. If you can find someplace to use points, that's super. I'd lean towards the Long Wharf as well, because if you get on the north side of the building it comes with a view of the trees in the neighboring park. Other than that, it's mostly business class hotels where views are sometimes great, albeit urban views, or nothing special. If you want to see leaves and color outside your room, then your options diminish. The Liberty might work, but it'll be expensive if you get a room with a view of the Esplanade. Sheraton Commander in Cambridge might, and might not. Plus it's out of the way. It's across the street from a large park that will hopefully have some color. If you're just looking for a place to stay, then find whatever is cheapest in your preferred neighborhood and go with it.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:17 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
LOL. Just saw a Reddit thread about this and investigated it for myself. The Moxy Boston is listing rooms on Airbnb for prices cheaper than the Marriott website. Hope someone can BRG it and report back lol. Unsure if it’s a hotel worker relisting or the hotel listing it directly.

Reddit thread: https://reddit.com/r/marriott/commen...arriott_hotel/
Airbnb listings: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/51133189?guests=1&adults=1
https://www.airbnb.se/rooms/51133141?guests=1&adults=1
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:10 pm

howdy. i have a one-night stay coming up in boston in early january and am trying to decide between using a 40k cert at the W or the Westin Copley Place. any recent experience at either hotel that could help me sway my decision one way or the other? it seems like the lounge is open again at the Westin which is a point in their favor... many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:18 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by pablos
howdy. i have a one-night stay coming up in boston in early january and am trying to decide between using a 40k cert at the W or the Westin Copley Place. any recent experience at either hotel that could help me sway my decision one way or the other? it seems like the lounge is open again at the Westin which is a point in their favor... many thanks in advance.
Location is what I would base this decision on. Do you want to be in the theater district/Chinatown? Or Back Bay/Copley/Fenway?
t
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Location is what I would base this decision on. Do you want to be in the theater district/Chinatown? Or Back Bay/Copley/Fenway?
t
thanks for the consideration. i don’t care about location to be honest. am flying in in the evening and leaving the next day around noon. not a sightseeing trip, just a short and functional but nice stay.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pablos
The lounge in the Westin isn't my favorite, and I think the W is much more of an experience than just another nice US Westin, so I prefer the W for sure. I stayed 5 or 6 times between 2018-early 2020, each time for 3+ nights for business trips. The rooms were recently renovated in 2019 or so so they're much more tasteful now than the ultra-hip W of years' past, though if I were younger I might have hit the lounge one evening (it's for the Under 40 crowd, especially on weekends).

I have enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room at the W far more than some extra points had I stayed in a hotel with a lounge (it's my favorite Marriott breakfast in the US, by far). It's always been order anything you want from an interesting menu, no questions asked (I've never abused it, just a main, maybe a side/fruit and juice/coffee). Here's the Menu, and I highly recommend the Bread Pudding French Toast, and have had every one of the Specialties except for the Eggs Benedict (I'm not a fan of hollandaise), and even the oatmeal was a cut above.
pablos likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by High Technology
The lounge in the Westin isn't my favorite, and I think the W is much more of an experience than just another nice US Westin, so I prefer the W for sure. I stayed 5 or 6 times between 2018-early 2020, each time for 3+ nights for business trips. The rooms were recently renovated in 2019 or so so they're much more tasteful now than the ultra-hip W of years' past, though if I were younger I might have hit the lounge one evening (it's for the Under 40 crowd, especially on weekends).

I have enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room at the W far more than some extra points had I stayed in a hotel with a lounge (it's my favorite Marriott breakfast in the US, by far). It's always been order anything you want from an interesting menu, no questions asked (I've never abused it, just a main, maybe a side/fruit and juice/coffee). Here's the Menu, and I highly recommend the Bread Pudding French Toast, and have had every one of the Specialties except for the Eggs Benedict (I'm not a fan of hollandaise), and even the oatmeal was a cut above.
Stayed at the W last week, and the breakfast was a very strict $25 credit per person. I had to pay the overage but did not press it. The W is probably the nicer property, but you have a much better chance of getting a good view at the Westin (my room at the W on the 15th floor (top hotel floor) had a mostly obstructed view of the ugly brick building across the street). Also, note the W's annoying lack of elevators - there are only 2, and one was broken during check-out time, which made for terrible waits and crowding (we stopped at all 15 floors on the way down).

I haven't been to the Westin since pre-COVID, and I didn't have status. However, I really appreciated that they upgraded me to a River View room on the 35th floor because I was checking in early. The view was great, and I don't remember anything wrong with the room besides some noise issues (which also happens significantly at the W - people talking in the hallways, dogs barking, etc).
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dn10
Is the St Regis building under construction at the Seaport just condos or also a hotel?
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Went to their sales studio today. Very nice building but overpriced for what it is. A lot of interesting stuff, particularly the seaplanes to NY & Nantucket/Martha’s Vineyard. However, I can’t justify paying this price when there are superior buildings in superior locations for cheaper prices (ie Millennium Tower). Sales agent was very aggressive.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:16 am

St. Regis Boston Residences

Went through the sales tour and was invited to speak with the lead broker handling sales here. Some interesting information for people interested as I’m sure there will eventually be rentals in here (either on Airbnb or elsewhere):
  • Cheapest apartment is $1.75M but it looks pretty bad. Real pricing begins at $2.35M for 1 bedrooms.
  • Common charges + taxes start at around $3500-$4000 a month so I would expect rents here to be at least $8K a month for reasonable 1 bedrooms. That’s still an awful cap rate and I’m not sure what the comps are for Boston. Rents could start at $10K, idk.
  • Many units have true balconies with some having Juliet balconies instead
  • Premium 1 bedrooms have a small den with a separate door (but no window)
  • Butler and concierge service will still be offered, despite no hotel being attached to the property
  • Standard amenities: pool, spa, gym, working areas, etc
  • Seaplane service offered for a fee to/from NY and Martha’s Vineyard/Nantucket
  • Some decent water and city views but a few units have completely obstructed views
  • F line = bad 1 bedroom, A line = good 1 bedroom, B and C lines are 2 bedrooms. I did not ask about anything bigger than 2 bedrooms.
  • Projected occupancy in 2022

While I am interested in purchasing a pied a terre in Boston, I don’t think it will be here. I have a friend that might put in an offer so I will definitely stay here if she ends up closing. Hopefully they will still have branded stuffed animals like many Ritz Carlton Residences.

Last edited by WasKnown; Nov 28, 2021 at 7:30 am
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
I see the recent post asking about Westin Copley vs the W, and I am also considering these properties. But unlike the other poster, I do intend on doing touristy stuff in the city. It would only be a 2 night stay (spending 2 nights with a friend beforehand).

The W is $100 more total than the Westin, but I’m most likely going to be booking thru Luminous so the W does have the $100 credit while the Westin does not. Is the bar/restaurant at the W good enough to spend the credit at, i.e. I don’t want to pass up on a cool local place to try for the sake of using up a credit.

Also, is the Luminous breakfast benefit the same as the (plat?) $25 credit mentioned above? How does this compare to the offerings at the Westin? I’ll have Gold so no breakfast benefit for me outside of Luminous

At the moment, I’m leaning slightly towards the W because it looks more interesting and I’ve never stayed at a W before. We’re also considering seeing Wicked when it’s in town, and W is super close. Just don’t know if it’s worth $100 more. Moxy is also right across the street from the W and $100 cheaper but we wouldn’t be getting breakfast or the like. Thanks for any insight!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.