Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:04 pm

And when are you coming?
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave M:
Hmmm.

Manchester (MHT) isn't bad. A little less than an hour to Boston, but likely more early on a Friday evening as I-93 might be backed up getting into the city.

When do you expect to arrive in MHT? Will you be coming to Boston immediately? Do you need your car while in Boston? Depending on your answers, I can suggest some alternatives for best ways to get into the city, where to park outside the city if you don't need the car, etc.

We live and work in Boston suburbs and often park at one of the convenient T stations when going downtown. Avoids heavy traffic. Avoids expensive parking. Makes it easy for a quick departure when attending a sports or other major downtown event.
</font>
We get into Manchester Thursday afternoon. I guess I don't really need a car while in Boston, but figured I'd have it w/ me anyway while I'm there. We get done at my conference in Danvers on Friday, and will drive into Boston that afternoon. We're staying at the wharf and fly out of Manchester Sunday afternoon.

I think I could have planned this trip better, but now I'm just making the best of it!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:59 pm

I think you planned well. MHT will be easy to get out of on Thursday afternoon for your drive to Danvers. Also, very easy to get back to and out of MHT on Sunday afternoon. MHT generally has much shorter security lines.

My choice for Friday afternoon - if you don't have a ton of luggage - would be to drive west on 128/I-95 to I-93. South on 93 about 7 miles to Route 16. Turn left at the offramp stoplight and go roughly 2 miles to route 28 (third stoplight). Turn right onto 28 and take an almost immediate left (75-100 yards) into the very visible parking garage. Take the short tram ride to the T station (Wellington Station of the Orange Line).

Take the "Inbound" T train about 5 stops to the State Street station. Follow signs to the Blue Line (within the same station) and go "Outbound" one stop to the Aquarium stop. Ascend the escalator and go east on State Street about two blocks to your hotel.

On Sunday you can reverse the process.

You can get more T info (maps, frequency of service, etc.) here
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:14 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
We get into Manchester Thursday afternoon. I guess I don't really need a car while in Boston, but figured I'd have it w/ me anyway while I'm there. We get done at my conference in Danvers on Friday, and will drive into Boston that afternoon. We're staying at the wharf and fly out of Manchester Sunday afternoon.

I think I could have planned this trip better, but now I'm just making the best of it!
</font>
I fly into the Boston area quite frequently--my tactic--fly through PVD and stay at the Quincy Marriott. It is usually cheaper and usually reduces my overall drive time (and if you have the time or inclination you can check out the battleship in Fall River Mass)
Old Sep 11, 2002, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by foodguy:
(and if you have the time or inclination you can check out the battleship in Fall River Mass)</font>
Or the Whaling Museum. And does anyone know if there's any sort of Lizzie Borden tour in Fall River?
Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:38 am

Programs: AA, B6, a little DL here and there
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave M:

..would be to drive west on 128/I-95 to I-93.
</font>
The road direction is South on I-95. Yes, you're travelling west, but the road is a north/south one. I don't believe the BGSs refer to 128 anymore.
Do they allow overnight parking at Wellington? At most of the commuter rail stops you can leave your car there all weekend, so are the subway garages the same?

Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:11 pm

Oops. Yes, I agree the I-95 entrance signs will say "South", even though the traveling direction will generally be to the west. I indicated 128/I-95 rather than just I-95 because numerous signs (such as where I often get on to the highway in Lexington) and maps still refer to "128" in addition to I-95. Also, all radio traffic reports (e.g., every 10 minutes on the threes at WBZ 1030) refer to that portion of the highway as 128 rather than as I-95.

Yes, the Wellington T garage allows overnight/weekend/extended parking, as do other T parking facilities I have used such as Riverside and Alewife. From your question, it sounds as though overnight parking may be prohibited at some T parking facilities. I haven't been to any of them, if there are. (Of course, many T stations don't have any dedicated parking.)

Incidentally, the parking at Wellington is $2.50 per day.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Oops. Yes, I agree the I-95 entrance signs will say "South", even though the traveling direction will generally be to the west. I indicated 128/I-95 rather than just I-95 because numerous signs (such as where I often get on to the highway in Lexington) and maps still refer to "128" in addition to I-95. Also, all radio traffic reports (e.g., every 10 minutes on the threes at WBZ 1030) refer to that portion of the highway as 128 rather than as I-95.

Yes, the Wellington T garage allows overnight/weekend/extended parking, as do other T parking facilities I have used such as Riverside and Alewife. From your question, it sounds as though overnight parking may be prohibited at some T parking facilities. I haven't been to any of them, if there are. (Of course, many T stations don't have any dedicated parking.)

Incidentally, the parking at Wellington is $2.50 per day.
</font>
Does this T stop have overnight parking? I thought it was only for day parking...at least that is the way that Wonderland is.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 8:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MaineFlyer16:
Does this T stop have overnight parking? </font>
Yes, as I think I have clearly stated. That's why I suggested the Wellington parking garage which permits overnight parking rather than the surface parking lot which tolerates overnight parking but technically doesn't allow it.

I have parked at both the Wellington and Alewife garages for up to a week at a time. Never a problem. Total fee is number of days X the daily rate. (Now that I think about it, I can't recall if the Wellington garage rate is the same as the surface rate.)
Old Sep 15, 2002, 9:20 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
I agree with several FT's, my preferred hotel for the value is the Newton Marriott. I like the Marriott Long Wharf, but its just too rich for my blood.

If your going to be there a while contact Scott Alpert about special arrangements. I had a team there for 2 months and they treated us very well.

My preference is to fly into PVD, by pass the big dig and make my way around the loop to where the Hotel is.

------------------
AA member since 1981. Moving to SW starting 1/1/03
Old Sep 16, 2002, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Well I just got back from my trip to Boston. I ended up staying at the Copley, and don't see how it could be any better. We spent most of our time in the North End (why didn't anyone mention this?) and loved it. Saw Shear Madness and did the Freedom Trail, self guided style.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
We spent most of our time in the North End (why didn't anyone mention this</font>
I mentioned it. See above.

Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:29 pm

Indeed you did...sorry! I loved that area. My wife and I were walking around and just amazed at how cool it felt. We couldn't get enough of Mike's Pastries....awesome!
Old Sep 17, 2002, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dingo, IMO, you can just walk into any restaurant along Hanover Street and not go wrong. I never pass up a chance to get into the North End when I'm in Boston.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 5:49 am

From the looks of things, I'd have to say you're right. We ate at a place called Saracenos and another called Villa Fransesca and the food was fabulous.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.