Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Washington DC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Washington DC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by navatwal
Checked in here today for a two night stay, was told Concierge lounge is closed on weekend, no comp breakfast, only 1000 points.

Had I have known this beforehand would have stayed 2nd night at Ritz Carlton, was available on same rate but chose JW due to Exec Lounge
Bummer. I would note that the lounge weekend open/closed thread does show that their lounge is closed on the weekend.

David
Attached Images  
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How many threads are we supposed to check?

I would have thought that a Plat Premier has to be comped breakfast given the new joint loyalty program, either via Club Lounge or via Full breakfast in restaurant
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:03 pm

I would have thought that a Plat Premier has to be comped breakfast given the new joint loyalty program, either via Club Lounge or via Full breakfast in restaurant
Unfortunately , this property is specifically excluded from having to provide breakfast when Lounge is closed . It’s named in the terms and conditions. You get the whopping 1000 points .
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
If you're staying the weekend at _any_ full service property and want to know the status of the lounge, check the sticky thread 1st.

David
dgreen12 and nequine like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:59 am

Where is breakfast served on weekdays? Is it any good?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LF72
Where is breakfast served on weekdays? Is it any good?
Are you asking where the JW Marriott serves breakfast in general? Or what options there are for Plat members? Or what....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Are you asking where the JW Marriott serves breakfast in general? Or what options there are for Plat members? Or what....
Yes, options for plats.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:56 am

Very happy with the JW. Checked in last night and was given a courtyard view ;(

This morning I was given a corner exec room!

Any steers on parking? $59 a night is a bit steep!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
Given the location of this hotel I'm surprised that parking is only $59. That seems cheap.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:25 pm

I think the website suggests the exec lounge here is done with renovations? can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:52 am

also interested in any feedback on the lounge, need to decide between staying here (as a plat) or the Grand Hyatt Washington (and using a lounge certificate) next week for 2 weekday nights.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'll be staying here again this month. I used to stay here quite a bit in 2019 and 2020. The website clearly says: Renovation Information Ambassador, Titanium and Platinum Elite Bonvoy members enjoy Executive Lounge access from Sunday evening through Friday breakfast.

My stay is over a weekend so it looks like breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning for me (no big deal). But is the lounge actually being renovated or is that just a bad flag in the system and it's supposed to say "heads up". If they're renovating the lounge then wouldn't it be closed to get all the work done at once? I'll report back after my stay.

-RM
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'll be staying here again this month. I used to stay here quite a bit in 2019 and 2020. The website clearly says: Renovation Information Ambassador, Titanium and Platinum Elite Bonvoy members enjoy Executive Lounge access from Sunday evening through Friday breakfast.

My stay is over a weekend so it looks like breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning for me (no big deal). But is the lounge actually being renovated or is that just a bad flag in the system and it's supposed to say "heads up". If they're renovating the lounge then wouldn't it be closed to get all the work done at once? I'll report back after my stay.

-RM
We were there in early May, and the lounge was closed (just closed--did not appear to be under renovation). Breakfast was a $30 per person credit (i.e., $60 per day) that could be used in the restaurant.
RobOnLI and NowBoarding2020 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Stayed here recently for a weekend (Sat & Sun nights). As mentioned upthread, I'm a repeat customer. Checked in around 10pm. No upgrade but they did give me a room on the top floor. The agent told me, "Oh sir, there are so many groups here today and we have Microsoft as well." How is that my problem? Unless they paid for the room (sure, it's possible), or have high tier status as well then you should be taking care of your AMB and Titanium members I would think. I digress.

Lounge is closed on Sunday until the evening. They don't even offer a breakfast option for Sunday so I'm forced to take the 750 points for lack of breakfast. Lounge was open for Monday morning breakfast and is exactly as I remember it from 2019 & 2020.

On Sunday evening I went up to the lounge to grab some water and saw the honor bar. I was the only person in the lounge with two workers talking nonstop in the employee area. Some guy walks into the lounge, pours himself a stiff drink and walks right now without writing it down. The employees just shrugged their shoulders as they saw him do it.

This hotel is in a great location and generally a nice property. Bummed about no upgrade as a repeat customer and AMB but I didn't spend a lot of time in the room this particular weekend.

-RM
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Stayed here recently for a weekend (Sat & Sun nights). As mentioned upthread, I'm a repeat customer. Checked in around 10pm. No upgrade but they did give me a room on the top floor. The agent told me, "Oh sir, there are so many groups here today and we have Microsoft as well." How is that my problem? Unless they paid for the room (sure, it's possible), or have high tier status as well then you should be taking care of your AMB and Titanium members I would think. I digress.

Lounge is closed on Sunday until the evening. They don't even offer a breakfast option for Sunday so I'm forced to take the 750 points for lack of breakfast. Lounge was open for Monday morning breakfast and is exactly as I remember it from 2019 & 2020.

On Sunday evening I went up to the lounge to grab some water and saw the honor bar. I was the only person in the lounge with two workers talking nonstop in the employee area. Some guy walks into the lounge, pours himself a stiff drink and walks right now without writing it down. The employees just shrugged their shoulders as they saw him do it.

This hotel is in a great location and generally a nice property. Bummed about no upgrade as a repeat customer and AMB but I didn't spend a lot of time in the room this particular weekend.

-RM
As the property is on the breakfast exempt list, you should be getting 1000 points as opposed to 750 points when the lounge is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.