Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Current Marriott Gift Card, Cash Back, Tricks & Promos

MASTER THREAD: Current Marriott Gift Card, Cash Back, Tricks & Promos

Hide Wikipost
Old May 7, 19, 12:13 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: KRSW
Wiki Link
New to this thread? Start here: Intro - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18858149-post1.html

Current cash back for Marriott.com: (Last updated 7-May-2019)
No changes for the past three weeks. Not the greatest offers, but not bad:
eBates: 2%
MrRebates: 3%
TopCashBack: Well, this is awkward:
NON-US/Canada Properties: 1-3 nights: 5% / 4+ nights 7%
US/Canada Properties: 1-3 nights: 4% / 4+ nights 6%
There are others as well. See evreward.com and cashbackmonitor.com for other current deals.
Notes:
1) If you make an LNF/BRG adjustment to your reservation you will still get cashback.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 22, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by gregv View Post
I received a promo email yesterday offering Marriott Bonvoy points purchase at 25% off when you buy 5,000 - 50,000.
Coming from the Starwood side where the discount was occasionally higher, I was wondering if historically Marriott has offered discounts on points purchase and if it was ever higher than 25%.
Thank you.
Not as I know, but it still makes little sense to buy points at this price anyway, unless you have some immediate necessity to use them and a reasonable redemption.
Old Apr 23, 19, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
Not as I know, but it still makes little sense to buy points at this price anyway, unless you have some immediate necessity to use them and a reasonable redemption.
Originally Posted by rustum76 View Post
Thanks for the information. is there any Marriott amex no fee card to downgrade it to later. Which one is better in terms of ability to downgrade to no fee card and keep extending expiry date.
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie View Post

Yes to first question.
Do we get $300 statement credit for hotel stays charged to Amex card? Is there any no fee card to downgrade after a year which can help to keep points from expiring as well.
Originally Posted by ackpfft View Post
The cheapest 6x card is Bonvoy Boundless at $95.
The 3x point card might be free. Don't recall.
https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...dless_benefits

Both Amex and Chase business cards are slightly more.
Amex 100K signup bonus ends this week.
The Amex Brilliant card is solid if you can utilize the extra perks. Effective rate is $150.
Originally Posted by gregv View Post
I received a promo email yesterday offering Marriott Bonvoy points purchase at 25% off when you buy 5,000 - 50,000.
Coming from the Starwood side where the discount was occasionally higher, I was wondering if historically Marriott has offered discounts on points purchase and if it was ever higher than 25%.

Thank you.
Which is better card to apply for without too much annual fee. I would like to have a option to downgrade in case I no longer traveling.
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Marriott points are worth more than Hilton points, but also you get a lot fewer for a stay.
What is the best CC to get for Marriott in terms of points bonus with minimum annual fee. I am with Hilton and close to achieve diamond status. Would like to stay in Marriott (Sheraton which is close to work place) for few weeks. Between Marriott and Hilton, which points are better in terms of value. I have close to million Hilton points. Thinking of getting some Marriott points before my project ends in 2 months.
Folks, this thread is about cashback, gift card offers tricks and promos. There are countless threads that deal with credit cards and point values.
KRSW, Zorak and nunogomes like this.
Old May 5, 19, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Starriott faux-Gold, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Has anybody successfully bought a physical GC in the NYC area lately? Tried the Marriott Marquis, East Side, and Downtown and all 3 told me they don't/no longer sell them and directed me to the website.
Old May 5, 19, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Has anybody successfully bought a physical GC in the NYC area lately? Tried the Marriott Marquis, East Side, and Downtown and all 3 told me they don't/no longer sell them and directed me to the website.
Check Sheraton properties. Surprisingly, two properties Iíve checked are now carrying them (in FL and TX). No idea about NY, but I was shocked that Sheraton had them at all since Starwood never had gift cards
Old May 6, 19, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post

Check Sheraton properties. Surprisingly, two properties Iíve checked are now carrying them (in FL and TX). No idea about NY, but I was shocked that Sheraton had them at all since Starwood never had gift cards
Are those Marriott cards or Starwood?
I thought Marriott cards were not eligible for the Starwood Properties?
Old May 6, 19, 3:51 am

[QUOTE=krazykanuck;31070659]Has anybody successfully bought a physical GC in the NYC area lately? Tried the Marriott Marquis, East Side, and Downtown and all 3 told me they don't/no longer sell them and directed me to the website.[/QUOTE

Try suburbs. CT, NJ, Westchester.
Old May 6, 19, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie View Post

Are those Marriott cards or Starwood?
I thought Marriott cards were not eligible for the Starwood Properties?

They are branded as Sheraton gift cards. (There is no more Starwood. ) They can be used at Marriott properties.

Marriott gift cards can be used at legacy Starwood properties. May just take them a while to figure it out. I checked out of a Sheraton on Apr 20. My gift card was finally zeroed out on May 5.
Old May 6, 19, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post

They are branded as Sheraton gift cards. (There is no more Starwood. ) They can be used at Marriott properties.

Marriott gift cards can be used at legacy Starwood properties. May just take them a while to figure it out. I checked out of a Sheraton on Apr 20. My gift card was finally zeroed out on May 5.
Great to know. Thanks for the update.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 12, 19, 12:15 pm

Do you receive more money using the e bates over the airline flight portals like United Shopping? Can you utilize this if you book via a business card or just if you buy the gift cards with your own card.