Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Can the Renaissance beach/pool/island facilities be accessed early during the morning of check-IN ? Goal is to book one night at the Ren while staying at an airbnb so I can use the facilities twice (mornings of chrck-in and check-out)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:22 pm

Hi all - does anyone know if the Ocean Suites building is still less ideal? I'm staying in a couple weeks and using SNAs, wondering whether I shouldn't waste them on an Ocean Suites room.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:23 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Not a ton new here...

I have enough points for 5 nights at either the Marriott or the Renaissance (or Courtyard, but don't think we want to stay there)...I also have equivalent points for the Hilton...Any feedback on a family of 4 (2 kids both under 6) going in early December.

Important things to us include:
  • Beach access
  • Fun/big pools
  • 'Bang for our buck' as a Plat member--lounge/breakfast as well as upgrades
  • Decent size room for 4 people
  • Kid-friendly foods on property, especially lunch

Our last 5 years have been the Grand Wailea on Maui and the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica, both of which have amazing pools and decent beaches...Those are our points of reference. No desire for nightlife (kids are asleep by 8), we're not drinkers and we rarely leave the resorts we're staying at.

Thanks in advance for any help/info!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Not a ton new here...

I have enough points for 5 nights at either the Marriott or the Renaissance (or Courtyard, but don't think we want to stay there)...I also have equivalent points for the Hilton...Any feedback on a family of 4 (2 kids both under 6) going in early December.

Important things to us include:
  • Beach access
  • Fun/big pools
  • 'Bang for our buck' as a Plat member--lounge/breakfast as well as upgrades
  • Decent size room for 4 people
  • Kid-friendly foods on property, especially lunch

Our last 5 years have been the Grand Wailea on Maui and the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica, both of which have amazing pools and decent beaches...Those are our points of reference. No desire for nightlife (kids are asleep by 8), we're not drinkers and we rarely leave the resorts we're staying at.

Thanks in advance for any help/info!
Heading back to the Marriott Stellaris in a few weeks. Been three years since we have been here, never been to the Renaissance, but this is what I remember:

Both are resorts, so no lounge access unless you pay. Tradewinds at the Marriott is nice, but expensive if you add the kids.
Beach at Stellaris is great. Leeward side of the island, so the ocean is like glass. Have to reserve palapas each day, which is kind of a pain.
Don't remember much about the pool, but have read recent reviews that you need to reserve chairs early in the day. One of the Vacation Club properties next door has a "Lazy River" pool. Never tried it, but may give it a shot this time around.
Our kids are now both 18+ so haven't tuned in to kid-friendly in quite a while, sorry.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:01 pm

Aruba, where to stay? Ritz?

I plan on taking the wife for her 30th Birthday for a nice beach trip first week of December.

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba is one of the properties moving up from CAT 7 to CAT 8. So I want to book it now before it goes out of reach.
I'm a Marriott Titanium, do you know if I can use suite night upgrades, will I get upgraded as titanium? Is the lounge included?

If you do not recommend that property is there another Marriott beautiful beach location for a 5 night stay?

Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:11 pm

Very nice property in a great spot. SNAs can't be used at RC properties, and status won't get you into an RC club. I'd think that in early December complimentary upgrades would be very unlikely. But I'd not choose a property on benefits alone anyhow. If you're looking to redeem points for a nice beach resort on an island at that time of year, you'd be hard pressed to do much better.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:55 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mmayer
Heading back to the Marriott Stellaris in a few weeks. Been three years since we have been here, never been to the Renaissance, but this is what I remember:

Both are resorts, so no lounge access unless you pay. Tradewinds at the Marriott is nice, but expensive if you add the kids.
Beach at Stellaris is great. Leeward side of the island, so the ocean is like glass. Have to reserve palapas each day, which is kind of a pain.
Don't remember much about the pool, but have read recent reviews that you need to reserve chairs early in the day. One of the Vacation Club properties next door has a "Lazy River" pool. Never tried it, but may give it a shot this time around.
Our kids are now both 18+ so haven't tuned in to kid-friendly in quite a while, sorry.
Thanks SO MUCH, mmayer!

I forgot that Marriott excludes resorts from lounge access...So, I think all things are equal for that portion. Plats still get breakfast for 2 though, right? (I've read elsewhere that one needs a lawyer to figure out Marriott's breakfast/lounge access. Even I'm confused after reading the T&C's benefit subheading).

I did reserve the Marriott Stellaris for now, 5 nights, and applied my 5 SNA certs. But won't take me too much to move back to the Renaissance. (And I also see both places are going up a category on March 1st, so will be locked in to whatever I figure out between now and then). Did I read correctly on Trip Advisor that you can reserve a cabana for something like $30/day?

I do welcome further input!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:43 pm

What about the first or 2nd week of Jan dates?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, Mileage Plus Gold, Marriott Platinum
I was at the Stellaris in early November 2019 and it is a great resort. There are 4 Marriott properties adjacent to one another on the Island. And many other restaurants if you walk south down the beach 1/4 mile or so. I did not receive any additional Titanium benefits. Stellaris has an adult only pool that is gated and you can set aside your chair for the day. This is a quiet pool. The 2 Marriott vacation properties next door are more hectic with children. Having the 4 resorts next to one another is nice because it gives you more options.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dzuspann
I was at the Stellaris in early November 2019 and it is a great resort. There are 4 Marriott properties adjacent to one another on the Island. And many other restaurants if you walk south down the beach 1/4 mile or so. I did not receive any additional Titanium benefits. Stellaris has an adult only pool that is gated and you can set aside your chair for the day. This is a quiet pool. The 2 Marriott vacation properties next door are more hectic with children. Having the 4 resorts next to one another is nice because it gives you more options.
I was recently in Aruba and had the opportunity to explore all of the Marriott properties (including the meh Courtyard). I will say that if you want glassy beaches and access to a lot of decent restaurants that Palm Beach is the place to be but the Renaissance delivered far more value in terms of a nice beach to relax in without crazy families frolicking around (if you're into the SINK or DINK lifestyle that is).
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks SO MUCH, mmayer!

I forgot that Marriott excludes resorts from lounge access...So, I think all things are equal for that portion. Plats still get breakfast for 2 though, right? (I've read elsewhere that one needs a lawyer to figure out Marriott's breakfast/lounge access. Even I'm confused after reading the T&C's benefit subheading).

I did reserve the Marriott Stellaris for now, 5 nights, and applied my 5 SNA certs. But won't take me too much to move back to the Renaissance. (And I also see both places are going up a category on March 1st, so will be locked in to whatever I figure out between now and then). Did I read correctly on Trip Advisor that you can reserve a cabana for something like $30/day?

Personally I think the Renaissance would give you a better experience and value, especially since you mentioned you aren't interested in nightlife or drinking and would stay on resort property. You'd need to be on the Ocean Suites side which is the 'family friendly' (the marina side is adults only). However, the rooms have a separate bedroom and living area with pullout sofa, small fridge, microwave, sink etc. With SNAs you could upgrade from a basic room to an ocean front or ocean view suite... but the issue is what you have to reserve to start for 4 people so I think you're probably starting in an Ocean Suites island view and then can upgrade with SNAs for better view.

Nice lagoon type beach, a couple good size pools and best is the private island which is a nice boat ride over and large protected beaches with nice sand. They provide comp breakfast buffet coupons for elites. Restaurant is at the private island for lunch, as well as the main resort for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Thanks SO MUCH, mmayer!

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Back from the trip and it was pretty much as we remembered it.

At check-in we were given a card to select our welcome gift. One option was daily Continental Breakfast for 2. We were in Tradewinds, so selected something else. Not sure if they restricted you to Continental or allowed upgrade to a full buffet for a nominal charge.

Yes, there are cabanas available around the adults-only pool, they are $75/day. Never felt like that was a good value, so did not partake. Also, all the beach-front palapas are reservation only. There are a certain number (16 or so) that are available for free first-come, first-served, the rest they charge $30/day for. We had no problem getting one of the complimentary Palapas each day, but you have to be online exactly when they become available as they are snapped up almost immediately. They use a website to do the reservations: https://arubamarriott.ipoolside.com/.

Enjoyed our stay, but since the property will be going up to Level 8 for redemptions, it is less likely we will return next year.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:36 pm

How is Aruba during Covid? Does anyone have tips on the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club for Platinum members?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was at Surf Club a month ago... resort was only around 20% full, everything very spaced out. Easy to get any pool chair or beach palapa that you want at almost any time.
Went over to check out Ocean Club pool etc since its next door and was similar situation... not crowded at all. Note the property is a timeshare so you don't get any special benefits for elite status.

Masks required indoors on the island and while being seated at restaurants etc. They had a spike in cases primarily among locals which appears to be getting controlled as numbers have dropped significantly in the past couple weeks. Honestly I felt safer there than in the US. Curfew is currently from 12pm-5am, and places close by 11pm.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:14 am

For a couples staying 4 nights at the Renaissance, which SNA option is preferable? 1-BR Executive suite (ocean facing) at Marina Hotel or 1-BR Ocean front suite at Ocean suite hotel?
We are not bothered by families or children. In order, we preferentially consider the quality of room, ocean views, and proximity to pool/beach. My wife will probably want to spend each day visiting private island by boat (1-2 visits would probably be sufficient for me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.