Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Le Westin doesn’t seem to allow suite nights to be redeemed. I’m not a fan of these standard properties being able to opt out of these benefits.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:46 am

As a Marriott Titanium member and AV technician, I've seen various aspects of many Montreal hotels. Even did some mattress runs in many of them.

I love the Marriott In-Terminal Airport (slept 3x, worked on conference level a few times). Fun pool and allows to watch planes zip by the window taking of from the southern runway. They don't give automatic suite upgrades, so ask for it as an elite.

Worst hotel in town is the AC Hotel. We found our bed used upon check in, bathroom was disgusting. This only months after opening. It's the only hotel I've ever walked out of before spending the night. Courtyard next door belongs to the same owner, but I've never had a room there. Great views at the Courtyard though, but not the AC.

Marriott Chateau Champlain is undergoing major renovations. I've always gotten a suite upgrade upon asking (they don't automatically upgrade elites.) When the lounge is closed, breakfast buffet in the restaurant, but it's a whopping $11 to upgrade to warm buffet!

The Delta I love as well. Fun resto-bar that is rarely crowded. No suites that I'm aware off (except maybe one Presidential Suite, which is never shown on the website, but I've seen on the floor plan and seen hints of while walking through the service corridor behind the club lounge.) Great breakfast buffet in the restaurant when the lounge is closed (weekends and holiday periods).

Haven't slept at the Renaissance, but the roof bar is nice. It's also where (awkwardly) the small pool is located. Can get a real party scene on weekend nights.

I have more extensive reviews on some of them on Marriott Insiders.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Platinum, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by aacar
Trying to decide between the W and Renaissance for a 1-night stay this June - both are about the same price.
Any recommendations? Are there noticeable differences between the two with respect to location, breakfast benefit, upgrades?
Where did you end up staying?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eagle_traveler
Where did you end up staying?
Stayed at the Renaissance, and thought it was great.

For some reason, I was pre-upgraded at least 3 weeks in advance to a beautiful Loft room! Location was pretty central, and the construction didn't really bother me. Breakfast buffet was pretty sparse, though I decided to pay a minimal (4-5 CAD) upcharge to order off the full menu.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Platinum, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by aacar
Stayed at the Renaissance, and thought it was great.

For some reason, I was pre-upgraded at least 3 weeks in advance to a beautiful Loft room! Location was pretty central, and the construction didn't really bother me. Breakfast buffet was pretty sparse, though I decided to pay a minimal (4-5 CAD) upcharge to order off the full menu.
Nice that you got an upgrade!
Im glad you enjoyed your stay
aacar likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:43 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i have a one night stay end of july on a wednesday. i am working very late (until midnight) in montreal-west and out the next day yul domestic no bags at 0800. so i can either stay at marriott champlain, le westin, or the marriott at yul.

if i stay in town at le westin or champlain, can i get a good meal at 1am wednesday july in close proximity? sit down bistro is preferred but also on the same token it doesn't have to be fancy, i'll take a fun funky montreal experience. i'll even take pub food as long as the beer and the nachos or poutine are good.

should i just go to yul and get room service or can i find some nice bar/restaurant scene near the champlain or westin? if so, which is best? is there a nice brewery with even, heck, poutine? it is fine that i'll have to take a taxi early to beat traffic, but only if there's good food and a good scene, which i imagine montreal has. is the westin or marriott champlain walking distance to the gayborhood with all those blocks closed to cars? or is there anything fun on a wednesday? i'm down for whatever, looking for reasons not to stay at an in terminal hotel in an amazing city like montreal
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Mrs. Newman and I got a great BRG rate at the Sheraton downtown for the first weekend in August (after the Jazz Festival and Just For Laughs have finished).
I'm Titanium. Can anyone speak about possible suite upgrades? Lounge offerings?
Thanks.

Newman
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I stayed at the Residence Inn in 2015. The room was large and having the kitchen was a nice feature. The location was really good as a base of operations for touring the city as it was right by the Metro and you can walk to Mt. Royal and the neighborhood itself is very pleasant. The drawbacks are common for a large urban property as the morning means long waits for the elevator and breakfast was so crowded I ended up going to Tim Horton's my second day.
At the property now. While I didnt partake in complimentary breakfast, the room and location good. Bunch of Asian restaurants on St Catherine. IGA supermarket at Alexis Nikon if you want provisions to cook. BIXI is nearby. Car2go can be dropped off on surrounding streets.

Downsides are elevator wait times during rush hours and slow WiFi during evenings.

Was upgraded to a 1 bedroom as a Titanium.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seawolf

At the property now. While I didnt partake in complimentary breakfast, the room and location good. Bunch of Asian restaurants on St Catherine. IGA supermarket at Alexis Nikon if you want provisions to cook. BIXI is nearby. Car2go can be dropped off on surrounding streets.

Downsides are elevator wait times during rush hours and slow WiFi during evenings.

Was upgraded to a 1 bedroom as a Titanium.
When I first saw the "upgraded to a 1 bedroom", I went "Huh?". Upon further investigation and as a clarification, the RI Montreal Downtown (Centreville) has either studios or 1 bedroom suites.

David
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Newman
Mrs. Newman and I got a great BRG rate at the Sheraton downtown for the first weekend in August (after the Jazz Festival and Just For Laughs have finished).
I'm Titanium. Can anyone speak about possible suite upgrades? Lounge offerings?
Thanks.

Newman
You can find some lounge info in my review of that property from last year - see the property-specific thread. Regarding upgrades I have never received a suite ugprade there but every time it's because they were sold out rather than lack of willingness. You might get lucky but I do not think they have many suites so odds are not very good.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:24 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Stayed at the Le Westin this past weekend.

Hotel is centrally located, can walk to a lot of old Montreal and places like the Mount and Church are a cheap 15 or so dollar Uber ride away. The complimentary breakfast for wife and I was good, standard Westin selection of stuff, but the line started to get long weekday mornings if you come after 7:30 the two days we ate there.

They said I got upgraded to an end room, not sure what the upgrade was, a tad bigger, small sitting area. Pretty standard Westin outfitting, bath amenities, etc. Overall given location, service and stuff a reasonable experience for 250/night. One minus no lounge, but not expecting much from lounges in North America, LOL
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
I visit Montreal a lot, thus my username. I am only a 6-7 hour drive away so I only fly there in the winter (only flew there twice in the past 20 years). I prefer the other seasons.
I prefer these 2 Montreal hotels (both are Marriott properties).

For Downtown:
Residence Inn Montreal Downtown. Right across the street from the Peel Metro, a few blocks walk to Crescent Street. Free hot breakfast buffet.
There is a lounge where they serve breakfast.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...real-downtown/

For Old Montreal:
Springhill Suites Old Montreal. Right in the heart of Old Montreal. Free hot breakfast buffet.
There is a lounge where they serve breakfast. Some rooms have their own terrace too.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-old-montreal/

I have stayed at other Marriott properties inside Montreal, such as these:
- The old Renaissance Montreal (not the new Renaissance. The one I referred to was sold and converted to McGill student housing back in 2004)
- Marriott Chateau Champlain
- Courtyard Montreal Downtown

However, I prefer the other 2 hotels I mentioned above, and have stayed at both the Residence Inn Downtown and the Springhill Suites Old Montreal multiple times..

Last edited by MtlTourist; Sep 17, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Any intel on the other mid/high end Starriott properties inYUL downtown, such as St Paul or Le Meridien?

Heading there for 5days in mid-October, expensing the Sun-Tue, but on points Fri-Sun
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by KevinS
Any intel on the other mid/high end Starriott properties inYUL downtown, such as St Paul or Le Meridien?

Heading there for 5days in mid-October, expensing the Sun-Tue, but on points Fri-Sun
The Meridien has a great location in Montral's Golden Mile neighborhood. Its neighbors, the Ritz Carlton and Sofitel, are great properties. Unfortunately, the Meridien is not. It is a converted efficiency apartment building, and there isn't anything luxurious about it at all. Rooms are really varied, and the F&B on premises is less than stellar. It's location is ideal for downtown and Mont Royal, so that is a bonus. I will sometimes stay there, rather than driving home, after a late dinner at Maison Boulud in the Ritz next door. That being said, its rates are usually quite low, compared to other Bonvoy options in the area.

The St. Paul is light-years better than the Meridien, and is closer to Vieux Montral and the Old Port, but further from downtown. It is a unique boutique property, something that one doesn't often see under the Bonvoy umbrella. F&B is very good, and the ambience is far superior to that of the Meridien. Rates are on keeping with its quality and location.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
@flyme2 awesome, thanks!
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.