Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Newman
Nevertheless, it looks like downtown Montreal will be getting a new upscale Courtyard in about a year:

http://www.canvar.ca/en/hotel-management.html

Newman
Great news! Thank you for posting.
According to your link from the Canvar Group, the opening is for summer 2012
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I personally wonder what a "full service boutique style hotel" Courtyard as noted in http://www.canvar.ca/en/hotel-management.html will be like. Isn't "limited service standard style" the whole point of Courtyard?

Looks like it is on the south side of Rene Levesque and still 1 block from Complexe Desjardines and the Federal building and a few blocks north of the Palais des Congres so there is no chance it will be connected to the underground, right?

Still a tough walk in Montreal winter to get to the underground.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
What's all the excitement about a Courtyard?

Just stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott, which gets excellent reviews at Tripadvisor.com.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...al_Quebec.html

And for Platinum/Gold MRs, you get free breakfast as well. Actually--everyone does versus Courtyard nobody does.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Visited the location last week. Nothing more than the foundation has been set. It's very doubtful that the hotel will be opening up in the summer. More likely it will be the fall or even next winter......

Newman
Old May 17, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Any current comparisons between Marriott Chateau Champlain vs. Springhill Suites old town? Looking for best location for a bachelor party combined with best benefits for Platinum and Gold members of our group.
Old May 18, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by trojanman
Any current comparisons between Marriott Chateau Champlain vs. Springhill Suites old town? Looking for best location for a bachelor party combined with best benefits for Platinum and Gold members of our group.
Chateau Champlain is a much larger property, full-service with a bar and restaurant. Closer to downtown (couple of blocks to Ste-Catherine St., the main shopping street).Golds and plats (and their friends?) will get access to the CL. Maybe plats will get an upgrade.

Springhill Suites is in Old Montreal, nice but basic, great location for exploring the Old Port, everyone gets breakfast (pretty good) but there is no restaurant or bar on site - lots close by. No particular benefits for golds and plats (except for arrival gift). No upgrades.

Either location offers good restaurants in walking distance. Popular bars in both areas but maybe more downtown. Rather than basing the choice on benefits, you might be better off to decide what you want to do out of the hotel and go from there.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by ussie44
Chateau Champlain is a much larger property, full-service with a bar and restaurant. Closer to downtown (couple of blocks to Ste-Catherine St., the main shopping street).Golds and plats (and their friends?) will get access to the CL. Maybe plats will get an upgrade.

Springhill Suites is in Old Montreal, nice but basic, great location for exploring the Old Port, everyone gets breakfast (pretty good) but there is no restaurant or bar on site - lots close by. No particular benefits for golds and plats (except for arrival gift). No upgrades.

Either location offers good restaurants in walking distance. Popular bars in both areas but maybe more downtown. Rather than basing the choice on benefits, you might be better off to decide what you want to do out of the hotel and go from there.
Appreciate the feedback. My primary concern about Chateau Champlain is that it looks old. I see pics of a few renovated rooms, but the pics of the CL seem straight out of 1985.

As for our plans:
1. Eat excellent food
2. See the major sights of Montreal
3. Take in at least 1 cultural experience
4. Lots of strip clubs
Old May 18, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
Appreciate the feedback. My primary concern about Chateau Champlain is that it looks old. I see pics of a few renovated rooms, but the pics of the CL seem straight out of 1985.

As for our plans:
1. Eat excellent food
4. Lots of strip clubs
The Chateau Champlain is indeed older looking but it is not a bad property. They also give free breakfast coupons on weekends for Golds (and I assume, Plats). And isn't 3 and 4 the same thing in Montreal?
Old May 18, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

As for our plans:
1. Eat excellent food
4. Lots of strip clubs
Go for the Marriott. Montreal is pretty much walkable and the Marriott is right in the downtown area. Nice hotel, nice lounge and breakfast 7-days of the week.
Old May 18, 2012, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
strange priorities as I would have thought there was more then numerous strip clubs in and around La-La-land

As for our plans:
1. Eat excellent food
4. Lots of strip clubs
Old May 19, 2012, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
strange priorities as I would have thought there was more then numerous strip clubs in and around La-La-land
Well that's why I listed it as #4 on our list...but it wouldn't be a proper bachelor party without a visit to such establishments.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
G'day All!
Staying in Montreal visiting McGill University for two weeks in May with Wife and 8YO..

The two girls love hotels with a pool so +1 to the FS marriott.. but RI has some cooking facilities, damn handy for a two week stay.. But looking at the RI page it seems only the suites have stove tops...

Any advice as to Montreal Marriott properties (within Govt rates.. ie not JW) much appreciated!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:08 pm

We stayed in and enjoyed the RI very much. I think the RC there is new.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Thank Joetro..
What type of room did you stay in? What cooking facilities did it have?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are 2 RIs in Montreal, sort of. The Peel one is in the downtown core but the Westmount one is not too far from downtown (less than 20 minute walk to Peel - 1 more stop on the green line to Atwater). It would be very pleasant to walk in May.

I don't know the hotels. I almost think that for a family of 4, the Westmount one might be better. It used to be an apartment building so I would think the rooms would be larger (and it seems to have a pool). The photos seem to show it is one generation older than the Peel one. It is a tall building so I think the view would be better - from the photos, it seems the pool and gym are on the top level of the building and the view is pretty nice.

I would think all the rooms in Residence Inns have stovetops but better ask to be sure.

Food/groceries would also be easier in Westmount - there is a supermarket inside Place Alexis Nihon and plenty of food in the "Concordia Ghetto" (actually I don't know if they call it that - there is the "McGill Ghetto" east of the campus). Food (and everything else) is a lot more expensive in Canada than in the US.

Last edited by username; Jan 19, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.