Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:33 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I personally prefer the Sheraton to the Marriott (or the former Renaissance). I have enever tried the Hiltons there, so no opinion. If you have status with Marriott or Starwood I would go with that chain, or if you don't or have it at both (like me who is Plat at both Marriott and Starwood) then I'd definitely go for the Sheraton.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Seeing as the Renaissance is no more, is the Marriott the best property in Montreal compared to the Hilton or Starwood properties?

</font>
The best hotel in downtown Montreal is the Queen Elizabeth - a Fairmont the last time I looked (it changes fairly often). My second choice is the Marriott - formerly CP Hotel.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 7:09 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Seeing as the Renaissance is no more, is the Marriott the best property in Montreal compared to the Hilton or Starwood properties?

</font>
SW,

Although I have not stayed there, of the Marriott properties, you might wish to consider the relatively new SpringHill Suites. It is the only one of those listed above that is truly in the historic port section of the city that is relplete with Old World Charm.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I just returned from a stay at this lovely property. I was given a room on the fifth floor with what was actually a huge terrace and not a balcony. I was told that this was one of their best rooms in recognition of gold status. The room was well laid out and comfortable for four of us (two teenagers and two adults). The decor is cheerful and the bed was very comfy.

BTW: there is a design flaw in the doors to the terrace (we were told by maintainance). When my son was entering from the terrace the huge, heavy glass door fell off the hinges and began to crash into the room taking him with it. Fortunately, he is a big strong kid with quick reflexes and he managed to catch the door and himself. It could have been an absolute disaster had he fallen into it. Maintainance came right away and was very apologetic. So, be careful!

The front desk staff is about the loveliest I have ever delt with. They are very friendly and professional. When I first arrived I asked them if it was customary for the taxi driver to charge us an extra $10 for our bags. They said it was not and the gentleman from the front desk went out to confront the cab driver on my behalf. We felt truly welcomed and appreciated by the staff.

The restaurant was very good. I was told that it is a completely independent business that offers Marriott Rewards to provide a service for guests and to generate dining sales from guests. Even tho I loved the Chateau Champlain, I now prefer the SpringHill and would go back in a heart beat.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm thinking of making a visit to Montreal in late August (I'd go sooner, but that seems to be the first weekend with Award availability). I am only interested in the Montreal nightlife. Which would be the better property to stay at?
I've been told there are a lot of good places to go out around McGill University. Does the Metro go to that area?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Springhill Suites Montreal

I am planning on staying at the Springhill Suites in old Montreal in late June.
Any input on this property?Best rooms,room numbers with a view,rooms to avoid,contact person,etc,,,
i utilised the look no further guarantee and ended up with an average price of $88 usd for this property.I am staying 8 nights so I recieved a long term rate-which on Marriot.com had 2 different room rates-orbitz-showed the lower rate for the entire stay,comtacted Marriot and they gave me a lower rate only for those 5 nights.
I see springhill only gives credite for the room rate-any bonus point promos I could use for this?Thanks to all.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Fantastic property and staff! Historic, lovely building, great decor, good location. Can't say enough nice things! We had an issue with a crook cab driver and the front desk staff handled it for us with grace. We had a room with a roof top terrace that was devine. Don't remember room # but you could ask.

The attached restaurant is the oldest in the region and was very good. And MR points were earned for this expensive, delicious meal.

I hope that helps. You will enjoy and you have made a wise choice.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:48 am

This was a GREAT choice of hotel in Montreal.Very interesting location(note-it is in old Montreal,which is quite a hike to downtown/golden mile locations-do not stay there if older-non sanitised-locations bother you)And the staff was so wonderful.No problem with an upgrade(room with a terrace-although it was on the second floor and thus had no view)early checkin(1 p.m.)late checkout(3 p.m.)And a front office manager-AMY ALEXANDER-who should be giving workshops on guest relations to the rest of the hotel employees in the Marriott-no make that all hotel employees in Montreal.She was just great.The room was super clean and large with well placed properly sized(unlike starwoods new furniture designs)furniture and a comfertable bathroom with a sink and vanity outside the bath/toilet area.Very good construction,the room was very quiet desite all the construction going on in this part of town.
Very nice little wetbar area with a small fridge and microwave.
I will definetly make this my base in Montreal.
Now who do I contact at Marriott to let them know how well the Springhill suites in Old Montreal is being run and how satisfied I was with my stay?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 3:03 pm

Residence Inns in Montreal

Help!I have made reservations at the two RIs in Montreal.One is Downtown on Peel street,and one is in "westmount"near Ave.Kennedy and Atwater.
Better rate at the one in westmount(149 cad)
The one downtown is participating in a $100 bonus buck promo-the rate there
is $159 cad.
Any experiences with either of these properties?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:11 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Peel St. is right in the center of the action & things 2 do in Montreal. Westmount is about 2 miles west--a midtown, very Anglophone neighborhood.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:53 am

Thanks Brenden,I am familiar with both neighborhoods.Both have their pluses and minuses.
Has anyone here actully stayed in either of these two(or better yet both)properties that could do a side by side comparrision.
Both have pretty good reviews on Tripadvisor.com-but I trust the group at this site to be alittle more objective.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:32 pm

Anybody have experience with either(or both)of these properties?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:16 am

Montreal Chateau Champlain

I booked a stay here for mid march on a pkg rate that includes Concierge upgrade and lounge access,also 50% off a second night.
If I stay 4 nights do I get every other night at 50% ?
Is the lounge open on weekends?
Are the Concierge rooms nicer than others?I had friends staying there a couple of years ago and their room was tiny!You could not acces the bathroom if the clost door was open.Any advice on best room numbers?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 7:33 am

Talking Small Rooms

I stayed there about a year ago. As a plat I was upgraded to the Conc level. The rooms are very small. I had a center room on a floor which was a little bigger than the other rooms (I should know, I tried four rooms before I finally decided that that one would do)
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
The lounge is open on weekends, at least it was last January.

The appetizers and desserts are a cut above most Marriott C-lounges, as you might expect in a French-speaking part of the world.

I actually very much like this property despite the small rooms. It is derisively known as "the cheese grater" my YUL residents due to its architecture.

The underground city is accessible from the lower level w/o going outside which given YUL's climate is a very good thing. The elevator is hidden behind the front desk to the left as you enter the front door of the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.