Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Another option I have used is Le Meridien. While it seems to be a long way away, its in fact a short walk (north) from the Bell Centre. Always has the best rates. Great brekkie for Plats!
Best rates but in my experience it's the weakest option. When I went there, breakfast was quite sad so I had a different experience than you.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I've spent a fair bit of time in Montreal over the years - always at downtown properties. Here is my simple list of preferred Marriott hotels, based on a formula of cost, quality and elite recognition averaged together...

1. Sheraton on Rene-Levesque Blvd.
2. Delta on President Kennedy Ave. (longest walk)
3. All other properties in downtown core (incl. Renaissance, Residence Inn, etc.)
4. Chateau Champlain.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by escape4
Best rates but in my experience it's the weakest option. When I went there, breakfast was quite sad so I had a different experience than you.
It's funny, the LeMeridien is my favorite Marriott hotel in Montreal, but when I'm in Montreal I'm visiting friends/old haunts (I used to live in Montreal) so the only thing I need is a place to lay my head at night, and during high season the LeM is often half as much as the other full service hotels. That said, I agree that if you spend any time in the room, OR rely heavily on the breakfast benefit the LeM would not be a good option.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:32 am

There's a new Autograph Collection opening later this year, Humaniti Hotel. I'm considering a stay here, how does the location compare to other Marriott Bonvoy options? Worth a try or stay away?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by erics2356
There's a new Autograph Collection opening later this year, Humaniti Hotel. I'm considering a stay here, how does the location compare to other Marriott Bonvoy options? Worth a try or stay away?
Isn't it already opened as I can book for tonight.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

It's a brand new construction (combined with condos) down the block from AC/Courtyard and Westin.
erics2356 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Isn't it already opened as I can book for tonight.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

It's a brand new construction (combined with condos) down the block from AC/Courtyard and Westin.

It is in fact already opened. On some local facebook pages there have been some mini-reviews already. The onsite restaurant does not open until June 25 if I understand correctly. Personally, I dont think the specific location is great, although the area location is ok, if I make any sense. It's not too far from Old Montreal, Chinatown, downtown which is good, but nestled on a side street that isnt really that pretty. I also think the Cat 6 designation is a bit high given the AC and Courtyard are just up the street and relatively new as well.
erics2356 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by erics2356
I don't find the location appealing. It's among a lot of office buildings which will be deserted most of the time. Personally, proximity to Chinatown/Old Port isn't a plus for me as they aren't places I'd visit more than once in a trip. As well, I find any street south of René-Lévesque to not be great for walking compared to Sherbrooke, Maisonneuve, or Ste-Catherine. However, the W/AC/Humanaiti are all in that area so what do I know.

I find the downtown area between McGill and Peel station to be the best. It's lively and convenient for going in all directions. Weekend parking in the office garages are also ridiculously cheap at less than $10/night or something. For that area, Delta or Residence Inn are good for the mid end with Renaissance or Ritz Carlton on the higher end.
erics2356 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, HH Gold, EK Silver, AC 50K
Stayed at the Le Meridien for 1 night a couple weeks back. The rate I used had the same price for the junior suite as the base room ($115 CAD) so I booked that and did not receive any further upgrade. Received a junior suite with a good view of Sherbrooke and Mont Royal, with the actual suite being adequate for a one-night stay.

No breakfast was offered as the hotel restaurant and room service were both closed.

Overall, given the cheap rate and the fact that I needed to be in the area, the hotel worked well for me.
seawolf and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:35 pm

I'm wondering what are the chances of being upgraded to a 1BR for the Residence Inn Downtown from a studio without using SNAs? 4 night stay over this coming weekend, the 1BRs show as "Almost Sold Out" right now if making a new booking. I recall being upgraded at other RI properties with Platinum status, without needing to use SNAs, although those were for shorter stays. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aimango
I'm wondering what are the chances of being upgraded to a 1BR for the Residence Inn Downtown from a studio without using SNAs? 4 night stay over this coming weekend, the 1BRs show as "Almost Sold Out" right now if making a new booking. I recall being upgraded at other RI properties with Platinum status, without needing to use SNAs, although those were for shorter stays. Thanks in advance
No way to tell.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:47 am

I had a 35,000 point certificate to use, which limited my options. I decided to use it at the Fairfield Inn Downtown, which was admittedly not the best redemption, but it was the closest to downtown that I could get with my certificate.

The hotel is in the student section of the city, but it is about a 2 minute walk to the Metro and a 15 minute walk to Old Town. It opened just a couple of years ago and everything seems fairly new. The soundproofing in the room was phenomenal. I could not hear anything from the street. We did not try their breakfast offering - which is still grab and go.

For the right price I would happily stay there again.
seawolf and unclepants like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Sheraton Montreal

35 K does not get you the Humaniti, Neither the Westin.
Am surprised you did not stay at the Sheraton Centre? It has a great lounge, pool., exercise area and is 2 blocks from St. Catherine. Also, has cheap parking behind the property. Look for Avis, Just try and avoid Canadiens' games - when they boost their rates!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
Happy to report that SNAs clear for the upgrade to 1BR 2 Double beds the morning after I made this post. The intent was so that we could work remotely, but their faster internet speeds were pretty slow still (5 second delays on video calls). They offered to call the internet company to check which I didn't bother with. Ended up using roaming company internet plan, ah well. Still was a good stay - carry-away breakfast was convenient. They allowed sit-in dining during the time we stayed. The day we left they became more strict on the vaccine passport - to dine in + to use the gym. Relatedly - you don't need the app (it doesn't work anyway unless you got your vaccine in Quebec), you can just show a photo of your CDC card or whatever proof of vaccination you have. We didn't have any issues in the several restaurants we went to in the city.
Rooms are large / standard RI size. There is currently construction for the condo they're building across the street which can be heard on the weekdays but it didn't bother us too much. We did parking for one of the days - the lot is very close.
Love the area as there are good nightlife options. We stayed at the Westin 2 years ago which was a convenient area as well, but we really prefer the area near RI given that it's right near McGill + Mont-Royal Park + Eaton Centre - and the TimeOut Market connected to it.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
35 K does not get you the Humaniti, Neither the Westin.
Am surprised you did not stay at the Sheraton Centre? It has a great lounge, pool., exercise area and is 2 blocks from St. Catherine. Also, has cheap parking behind the property. Look for Avis, Just try and avoid Canadiens' games - when they boost their rates!
Le Centre Sheraton has always been a solid choice for me with reasonable rates most of the time. I was just there in August and the lounge is closed due to COVID, but as a Titanium I was given breakfast in the restaurant in lieu plus 1,000 points.
yyzflyer and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Our first time in Montreal; still debating the Delta/RI and the one that I see no reference to above: Marriot Courtyard...How is the latter as an option, and in comparisons to the 2 earlier options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.