Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2000, 8:30 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
It is only 100 steps from your room to get on the subway train via the elevator
!
It does take some concentration, not to end up in the Hilton on the way from the train.

Old Aug 29, 2000, 11:41 am

Montreal Renaissance

I am off to Montreal next week and was trying to decide between a "Marriott" vs a Renaissance hotel.

Can anybody share any information on the Renaissance in Montreal??

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2000, 1:28 pm

Was there last August for three nights. It is right near the park and is a nice hotel. Only a few blocks to the metro if you need it. The fitness room is a bit small though.

------------------
RoadRash
Old Aug 29, 2000, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
The last time I stayed there, the temperatue of my morning shower was a comfortable 50 degrees (f) (about 10 C).

Stay at the Marriott Chateau Champlain instead. The concierge lounge is especially nice.
Old Aug 29, 2000, 3:42 pm

Just checked the rates for the Chateau Champlain and they are about 60/night higher . . . hmmm maybe I will book the Chateau Champlain as a back up for the additional nights in case the Renaissance is a bust.

Thanks for your comments
Old Sep 6, 2000, 11:34 pm

I spent a wonderful Memorial Day weekend at the Chateau Champlain. The Ren seemed a bit far from everything. If you're not happy with the first room they give you, make sure to ask for a room with a view of Mt Royal. The hotel is connected directly to the subway and the lounge is very nice. The lobby is ugly, you expect to look over and see Pat and Tricia Nixon coming back from a day shopping. Very 1972. While in Montreal, make sure you have dinner at Toque on Rue St. Dennis. The food was fabulous!
Paul
Old Apr 19, 2001, 1:24 pm

Location: Chicago, IL. Former UA PremEx, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Courtyard in Montreal

Does anyone have info on the Courtyard in Montreal (downtown)? Searched this thread but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 2:48 pm
DOC 2 BE

Typical Courtyard business class high rise hotel. Smallish but clean and neat rooms. Coin operated laundry, small weight room and indoor pool (nice) on the top floor. Valet Parking.

I like the area as it is near McGill University and Mont Royal Park. 15-20 min walk to the Old Montreal/Port section.

However, if price is comparable, I prefer the Renaissance that is 2 blocks north of the Courtyard. Larger rooms, Club floor, etc. Also, this property often has an Entertainment Rate Discount!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 04-19-2001).]

Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
From the outside, I think the building looks tacky. Never been inside though!

Any thoughts on the Residence Inn in Montreal? I think that this location is better (more night life etc.) than the Courtyard.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:25 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Flyaway:
From the outside, I think the building looks tacky. Never been inside though!

Any thoughts on the Residence Inn in Montreal? I think that this location is better (more night life etc.) than the Courtyard.
Never judge a book by its cover! Also, only 5 points/$ at RI vs. 10/$ at Courtyard. that being said, my favorite of all of them is the Renaissance, and that includes the Marriott!

Old Apr 20, 2001, 12:37 pm

Location: Chicago, IL. Former UA PremEx, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Thanks for the info, I will definitely c/o the Renaissance when I get there.
Old Apr 20, 2001, 2:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

DOC2BE: You are right. I should not judge a book by its cover.
Old Sep 30, 2001, 11:01 am
Original Member
Original Poster

SpringHill Suites Montrel

Has anyone been to this property?
Old Dec 30, 2001, 7:09 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Bringing this forward just in case someone has stayed at this property recently.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 4:56 pm

Montreal Marriott

Would someone please comment on their recent stay at this downtown location and include any helpfull sightseeing information. Also, was there a close by bank that offered a good exchange rate? We plan to spend seven nights there in May..Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.