Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Need input: adding Autograph Collection to exec lounge sticky thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

What made me think of this is there was a report on a European AC property that seemed to go a bit above & beyond, so it made me wonder what the other Euro-based AC hotels are doing & what any of the US-based Autograph Collection properties are doing.

I'll also be doing a separate thread on the European AC properties (once I figure out where they all are!) asking for input.

AFAIK, there is no lounge at Autograph Collections, so basically all we can expect is a cont'l brekkie Mon-Fri & free i-net. But maybe there are some out there that might do more, such as offer hot brekkie or slight upcharge to hot brekkie instead of just cont'l, a drink or appetizer coupon, that type of thing, or even less than expected. For example, I read on the Cosmopolitan thread that it used to be free brekkie per day, but is now 2 per stay (something like that). Or it might be a cont'l brekkie for 1 per room vs. 2 per room at dif properties, which I think I also read.

So thought it might be good for people to know & there aren't that many Autograph hotels. Rather than bump up 23 threads, I figured I'd put them all here & ask people to report on what any of them do (or don't do) & the date you know the information was valid. After a while I'll add them to the exec lounge sticky & future updates should either go in that or in the property thread - or both.

So if you have any info on the properties below, please post.

UNITED STATES

Colorado:

DeBeque / Kessler Canyon, Autograph Collection

Florida:

Aventura / Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection
Celebration / Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Miami Beach / Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Miami Beach / Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Orlando / Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
St. Augustine / Casa Monica, Autograph Collection
Tallahassee / Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection

Georgia:

Atlanta / Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Atlanta / The Lodge and Spa at Calloway Gardens, Autograph Collection
Savannah / Mansion on Forsythe Park, Autograph Collection
Savannah / The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Waterfront, Autograph Collection

Lousiana:

New Orleans, The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

Michigan:

Dearborn / The Henry, Autograph Collection

Minnesota:

Minneapolis / The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection

Missouri:

Kansas City / The Raphael, Autograph Collection

Nevada:

Las Vegas / The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

New Mexico:

Taos, El Monte Sagrado, Autograph Collection

New York:

New York City / Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
New York City / Carlton Hotel, Autograph Collection

North Carolina:

Ashville / Grand Bohemian Hotel Ashville, Autograph Collection

Tennessee:

Nashville / Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection

Texas:

Houston / Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection

INTERNATIONAL

Brazil

Rio Grande do Sul / Hotel & Spa do Vinho

Czech Republic

Prague / Boscolo Prague

Hungary

Budapest / Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Indonesia

Bali / The Stones Hotel, Autograph Collection

Italy

Rome / Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection
Venice / Boscola Venezia, Autograph Collection

Spain

Baqueira / AC Baqueira Ski Resort, Autograph Collection (open during ski season only)
Granada / AC Palacia De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection
Madrid / AC Palacia Del Retiro, Autograph Collection
Madrid / AC Santa Mauro, Autograph Collection
Santiago de Compostela / AC Palacia del Carmen, Autograph Collection

Virgin Islands

Scrub Island / Scrub Island Marina, Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 12, 2012 at 11:02 am Reason: add properties
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Well, I can report right away that apparently, as part of their recent renovations, the Algonquin did add a lounge - and as I will be there in exactly 2 weeks, I shall be able to check it out and write a full report.

I think a separate thread on Autograph properties is an excellent idea, as they are unique properties and thus have differing facilities.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Michigan:

This property has a lounge on the concierge level. In fact, the elevators open right into the lounge so it's more like a lobby than a controlled-access lounge. Being such, soft drinks, coffee, tea, water and light snacks were available throughout the evening and into the next morning. Light snacks consisted of cookies, chips, granola bars, candy, cereal, etc. I was only there overnight (I think Friday night through Saturday morning) so I didn't see if there were more substantial food offerings during peak times.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP

Free hot breakfast during the week both times I was there last year. Doubt that changed.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Just wanted to say "thanks" Sharon for all of your hard work in maintaining these threads. I hope you know it doesn't go unnoticed. I use them frequently.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Well, I can report right away that apparently, as part of their recent renovations, the Algonquin did add a lounge - and as I will be there in exactly 2 weeks, I shall be able to check it out and write a full report.

I think a separate thread on Autograph properties is an excellent idea, as they are unique properties and thus have differing facilities.
* Please do a 'trip report' after you Algonquin stay. It'd be much appreciated, as the Algonquin comes up quite a bit when people are looking at NYC.

* Right now I'm asking for reports on lounge/breakfast in this thread rather than creating 23 new ones or searching/pulling up existing threads, primarily because it's less work for me.

The intent, however, is to gather the info here on the properties & then add them to the existing executive loung sticky.

It would be nice, if people stay at Autograph Collections, to either pull up an existing thread & update it w/ their 'trip reports' or start a new thread specific to individual locations, so search will find them faster.

Originally Posted by plagwate
Michigan:

This property has a lounge on the concierge level. In fact, the elevators open right into the lounge so it's more like a lobby than a controlled-access lounge. Being such, soft drinks, coffee, tea, water and light snacks were available throughout the evening and into the next morning. Light snacks consisted of cookies, chips, granola bars, candy, cereal, etc. I was only there overnight (I think Friday night through Saturday morning) so I didn't see if there were more substantial food offerings during peak times.
This confused me a bit (blonde moment) so I went to the hotel's website. It says there is a lounge, which you noted. Website says it's open Mon morning through Friday morning. And - (don't tell Marriott since it's domestic) free complimentary cocktails.

Originally Posted by iztok

Free hot breakfast during the week both times I was there last year. Doubt that changed.
Thanks - I'll note it.

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Just wanted to say "thanks" Sharon for all of your hard work in maintaining these threads. I hope you know it doesn't go unnoticed. I use them frequently.
Thanks. And thanks to all of you. I couldn't maintain the list if you all didn't supply the info.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plagwate
Michigan:

* I've updated the sticky to reflect there's a lounge open M-F. If someone stays here over a weekend, hopefully they'll report back if brekkie coupons are offered to elites.

Originally Posted by Twickenham

* If your stay encompasses a weekend, please report back if the lounge is open. If it's not, do they provide brekkie coupons. If not, is it key accessible for soft drinks; does it have an i-net terminal or free wifi. If your stay doesn't encompass a weekend, can you ask them anyway & report back? Thx.

Originally Posted by iztok

Again, if someone has stayed here recently, please report on whether breakfast is offered on the weekend.

Thx all! Hopefully we'll get some reports on the other properties.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

A couple updates

from recent property threads & have updated the exec lounge sticky w/ this, as well as the input you folk provided in this thread:

* Las Vegas / The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection; Considered a resort, so no breakfast; Plat arrival gift is choice of a brunch for two at Wicked Spoon, 500 Marriott Rewards points or a special arrival amenity curated just for you (ie, gourmet popcorn)

* Taos / El Monte Segrado, Autograph Collection; NO LOUNGE; Breakfast vouchers are $10 per room Weekday only

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Just realized there's an Autograph Collection property in Hungary & Italy, so if anyone has input on those, I've added it to the list seeking info.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
According to Marriott's website there are 36 AC hotels worldwide. I sent you a PM on how to find them.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok, turns out Spain has a few too. Are there any other countries that have Autograph Collection proerties that I should list?

Many thanks to hhoope01; he just PM'd me how to check on them in multiple countries!

I'll update the list in post # 1 of the ones I don't have listed yet.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by hhoope01
According to Marriott's website there are 36 AC hotels worldwide.
Using such an abbreviation for Autograph Collection is extremely confusing…
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slowly
Using such an abbreviation for Autograph Collection is extremely confusing…
Well the good news is that I typed out Autograph Collection in all the properties I've listed above & will do so in the exec lounge sticky , so now just need updates on those properties.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:16 pm

Stayed at the Hotel Duval in Tallahassee last September. No lounge but they did give me ONE coffee and pastry coupon for each morning even though there were three of us staying. With that said the staff was exceptional.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA Novice
Stayed at the Hotel Duval in Tallahassee last September. No lounge but they did give me ONE coffee and pastry coupon for each morning even though there were three of us staying. With that said the staff was exceptional.
Was that during the week or weekend - ie, were the coupons provided on the weekend as well?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.