Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Chicago O'Hare Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Chicago O'Hare Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Scarlett?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You mean O'Hare airport. The Renaissance Suites O'Hare is a good choice, apparently. Haven't stayed there personally.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think there's actually a separate thread re: ORD choices, so I've asked the mod (if that's the case) to merge this into the main thread to help the OP determine her best choice.

On a dif note - Welcome to Flyertalk flyermom2!

Cheers.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Just checked into the Courtyard Marriott near ORD. First time staying at a Marriott hotel since the SPG merger. I'm SPG platinum so carried over to Marriott. I am a bit shocked about this place.

Room
Pro : Got upgraded to a suite.
Con : Had to ask for it and there really isn't much of a view

Service
Pro : friendly
Con : new hire (I think) so I had to ask for everything...suite upgrade, late check out...nothing was offered up voluntarily

Welcome amenity
Pro : There are some...let me think...I got to pick a drink out of the little mart...I forgot my toothpaste so I grabbed a tube of that and the front desk said just to take it and didn't charge me.
Con : No free breakfast, (only?) 400 points

Being my first stay at Marriott I wasn't sure what to expect as a platinum. Apparently Courtyard doesn't offer free breakfast for platinum members and you only get 400 points as a welcome.

I'm switching to the Renaissance Suites tomorrow so I'll see what that's like. They do have a club/executive lounge I believe so I'm interested to see how that stacks up.

I would normally stick with SPG but reading up on their experiences with their ORD hotel forums I decided to give Marriott a shot...and with the Megabonus I can hop between the Courtyard and the Renaissance and get my first 2K points :-D
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I see lots of comparisons between the Ren Suites and the Marriott...but how about between the Ren Suites and the Marriott Suites? Which property is preferred for a Fri night layover?

Edited to add: somewhat off topic b/c this thread is about Marriott-brand properties, but the Sheraton also looks to be an interesting choice, with a concierge lounge open 24/7 and providing evening and breakfast service on the weekend.

Last edited by ikwia; Jul 9, 2017 at 11:20 pm
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:46 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
If it matters to you, the Renaissance Suites O'Hare is practically attached to the Cumberland Blue Line Station via an outdoor walkway. The Marriott Suites O'Hare is a 10-15 minute walk underneath the Jane Addams and along a busy street to the Rosemont Station, though I would think that the shuttle could take you there.

The Marriott Suites O'Hare has been recently renovated and is your typical Marriott Suites property, nothing great and nothing terrible.

The same can be said of the Renaissance Suites O'Hare, though the renovations did not do away with the insanely small (24" I believe, yes, that's right I said 24") television in the bedroom of the standard suites.

Both properties have fairly small standard suites though at the Renaissance, they do well to upgrade Platinums to the large corner suites when available.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
If it matters to you, the Renaissance Suites O'Hare is practically attached to the Cumberland Blue Line Station via an outdoor walkway. The Marriott Suites O'Hare is a 10-15 minute walk underneath the Jane Addams and along a busy street to the Rosemont Station, though I would think that the shuttle could take you there.
I've stayed at both these properties as well as the FS Marriott on Higgins (the latter after the reno in 2012). Your Suites O'Hare assessment is solid. That hike to the blue line w/bags isn't bad when temps are not at extremes. And yes the shuttle will drop you. Although River Rd is busy, unlike the FSM and Ren Suites, you can walk for a decent meal if you have time: either the Giordanos or Gene & Georgettis I haven't tried it but there is also a good Italian restaurant really close to the Suites O'Hare in the adjacent office park.

At the FSM and Ren, you need the Lounge if your timing permits because there isn't (or wasn't) much for walkable restaurants.

Last edited by AATrout; Jul 10, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I know this is somewhat OT since it is about an SPG property, but....

I ended up going with the Sheraton, which is an all-suites property, and I was very happy with my choice. The lounge is indeed still open 24/7 for beverages and snacks, and they still have breakfast on the weekends an evening service (although I was not there to sample it). The lounge breakfast is on the lower end of what I've seen, but perfectly fine...eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, yogurt, etc. The exercise room looks to be recently updated, with plenty of equipment in like-new condition.

As an aside, the "restaurant" breakfast buffet was pitiful looking...appeared to have nothing the lounge didn't.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have an upcoming trip where I am looking to stay at either at the Rennaissance Suites O'Hare or the Marriott O'Hare. From reading the thread, there are many people who prefer the Renaissance because of the all suites. However the Marriott O'Hare has been more recently renovated.

Can anyone post the lounge hours and times when breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres are served at these two hotels? What are the hot food offerings at these hotels in the evening?

At the Renaissance, you are guaranteed a suite. However what are upgrade chances for a Platinum Elite for a midweek 3 night stay at the Marriott O'Hare?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I have an upcoming trip where I am looking to stay at either at the Rennaissance Suites O'Hare or the Marriott O'Hare. From reading the thread, there are many people who prefer the Renaissance because of the all suites. However the Marriott O'Hare has been more recently renovated.

Can anyone post the lounge hours and times when breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres are served at these two hotels? What are the hot food offerings at these hotels in the evening?

At the Renaissance, you are guaranteed a suite. However what are upgrade chances for a Platinum Elite for a midweek 3 night stay at the Marriott O'Hare?
Might want to contact the hotel to find out if they have a large convention or meeting that will occupy most of the hotel - thus driving demand and limiting availability of said suites.

David
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Time traveller

I think the likelihood of a suite upgrade at the Marriott for 3 nights is unlikely. Marriott doesn't do a lot of suite upgrades and my experience has been that my best chance is when it is a one night stay.

The Ren does have a big advantage in terms of space in the room. The minuses IMO are that they have VERY small TVs, may not be an issue if you don't watch TV, and the lounge isn't the greatest. I can't recall offering specifics, but I just remember the breakfast service not being the most efficient. Service at the OHare Marriott is good.

Also, may or may not be an issue, but parking at the Ren is covered, at the Marriott it is an open parking lot.

Lastly, although you didn't ask about it, my favorite OHare area property is actually the Sheraton. As a Marriott Plat you would get access to the lounge, which is quite good. Also, this is an all suite property and I like their suites better than the Ren.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by LPCJr
I think the likelihood of a suite upgrade at the Marriott for 3 nights is unlikely. Marriott doesn't do a lot of suite upgrades and my experience has been that my best chance is when it is a one night stay.

The Ren does have a big advantage in terms of space in the room. The minuses IMO are that they have VERY small TVs, may not be an issue if you don't watch TV, and the lounge isn't the greatest. I can't recall offering specifics, but I just remember the breakfast service not being the most efficient. Service at the OHare Marriott is good.

Also, may or may not be an issue, but parking at the Ren is covered, at the Marriott it is an open parking lot.

Lastly, although you didn't ask about it, my favorite OHare area property is actually the Sheraton. As a Marriott Plat you would get access to the lounge, which is quite good. Also, this is an all suite property and I like their suites better than the Ren.

Hope this helps.
That is a good point about the Sheraton. I wasn't aware the Sheraton was all suites, but it is good to know. Thanks for your comments about the Rennaissance and O'Hare Marriott.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
It seems Ren and Marriott Suites are decent. Is there an updated consensus for "the best" ORD hotel? I'm just doing one night. Get in at 11 and hopefully late check out next day. Any updates appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Stayed a night at the Renn Suites O'Hare on Memorial Day due to the storms at ORD.

Room was fine. Not much Ambassador recognition, and lounge closed for the holiday, with no notice at check-in. It did open up Tuesday morning, but they were still setting up the food at the 6AM open time, so all I managed was a cup of coffee.

Tried to use the chat function a couple of times, but apparently it isn't monitored in real time.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Westin is great - renovated in the past few years. Proper Starbucks in the lobby. Excellent gym. Love the top floor rooms w/the very high ceilings.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Stayed a night at the Renn Suites O'Hare on Memorial Day due to the storms at ORD.

Room was fine. Not much Ambassador recognition, and lounge closed for the holiday, with no notice at check-in. It did open up Tuesday morning, but they were still setting up the food at the 6AM open time, so all I managed was a cup of coffee.

Tried to use the chat function a couple of times, but apparently it isn't monitored in real time.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Westin is great - renovated in the past few years. Proper Starbucks in the lobby. Excellent gym. Love the top floor rooms w/the very high ceilings.
Thanks! Will take a look at both these properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.