Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Noticed this on the property's website:

Registration desk is located on the third floor. This hotel does not accept third party credit card authorization forms.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://apparel.edgl.com/news/Bloomin...perience105003

The JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square and Bloomingdale's have introduced the "Fashionista Insider Shopping Package," which makes every day in San Francisco an adventure in style.

The Fashionista Insider Shopping Package includes:

One-night-stay at the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
$50 Bloomingdale's Gift Certificate
Access to Insiders' Guide to Union Square
Two gourmet power bars for power shopping
VIP Shopping Experience at Bloomingdale's
Welcome gift from Bloomingdale's
All-day savings certificate for 15% off
Complimentary consultation with Dior beauty expert.*
Complimentary delivery of packages to the hotel with minimum purchase of $250

*Subject to availability. Please contact 415-856-5477 or Sarah.Roach @ bloomingdales.com in advance to book your cosmetics consultation.

Starting at $249 plus tax, the "Fashionista Insider Shopping Package" is available now through Dec. 30, 2016. The exclusive package must be booked 72 hours in advance and is based on availability. Book this exceptional Union Square luxury hotel package online or by calling 1-800-228-9290 and asking for promotional code ZH4.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Just booked the JW Marriott for a three night stay in September (23-26). Picked this over the Marquis. First time back to San Francisco in several years. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Just booked the JW Marriott for a three night stay in September (23-26). Picked this over the Marquis. First time back to San Francisco in several years. Looking forward to it!
You might want to reconsider if the rates are comparable especially if over a weekend as the lounge now closes. Just spent 6 nights there (for a 2nd time) and wasn't impressed as a PP. Just read the Marquis has M club and open 24 hours, wish I knew that..
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshua362
You might want to reconsider if the rates are comparable especially if over a weekend as the lounge now closes. Just spent 6 nights there (for a 2nd time) and wasn't impressed as a PP. Just read the Marquis has M club and open 24 hours, wish I knew that..
I stay 30 nights each year in SF - the Marquis isn't nearly what it used to be - the "club" may be open 24/7 but all you get is bottled water lol - much prefer the JW for the location and the style - the Marquis doesn't even have room service any more!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:27 am

Does anyone know when the renovations are going to be done at the JW Marriott Union Station?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Hotel-Airline-CAR
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square. What can I expect as Platinum

Good day Flyertalk family,
I plan on staying at the JW Marriott in San Francisco and should be platinum before I arrive. I am looking forward to the Platinum perks.

What are your experiences and reviews of the hotel.

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that I will be staying over the holidays.

Last edited by KenettaElite; Dec 9, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:01 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by KenettaElite
Good day Flyertalk family,
I plan on staying at the JW Marriott in San Francisco and should be platinum before I arrive. I am looking forward to the Platinum perks.

What are your experiences and reviews of the hotel.

Thank you.
I used to stay often at this property (and all the SF Marriott properties actually).

You can expect to get upgraded to a higher floor, 15+. You will likely get a corner room. Corner rooms are described as junior suites. There are a few different kinds. Some have an odd shape to them or a random pillar/column in the middle, but they are a bit bigger than regular rooms. You will get club access, which is on the top floor. The club is reasonable. You will probably not get a full suite upgrade. There are a few suites, but I never got upgraded to one in all my stays there. Basically, you get the regular Platinum benefits. The hotel is a bit sleepy. There isn't much going on in it. The rooms are nice, but the carpets were old and worn and green I believe. The bathrooms were a very loud gold granite color. All the bathrooms have a separate soaking tub, which also has a handle for showering while laying down. Each room has a shower stall as well, but it is a very tight fit, especially if you are a larger person. They are square and very small for some reason.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Very little, a closed Concierge Lounge on the weekends and no breakfast otherwise. Nothing special outside of a fancy bathroom. Been there twice and will not return. I'd stay elsewhere, read the SF family thread.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:36 pm

Thank you @NDN, for your input. I look forward to an upgrade and the lounge. As you have stated, the hotel is a bit sleepy. They are going through a renovation which should be completed by 10 Dec1, so hopefully I will receive an renovated upgraded room. I was also a little concerned about being walked, because I might arive around 1130 Pm, however I always use mobile check-in. i am not sure if people are still walked if they use mobile check in.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:39 pm

@joshua362, thank you. I wasn't aware of the Sf family thread. I will check it out.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Twice I've been UGed to the Presidential Suite when I was PP. It is a two room suite with a large bathroom. The coolest thing was a butler's call button, but I was told not to use it. With that said, I actually like the Union Square FS's upgrade better. It's a corner room with lots of light and good views with a huge bathroom around a corner. The way the room has a small entry hallway makes it extremely quiet, and the location is slightly better than the JW's IMO.

Another Plat benefit at the JW is they will check you in away from the front desk so you can avoid waiting in line.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:56 pm

Did you review the lengthy existing thread on this property?:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...francisco.html
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:20 pm

@ upgrade me, I am going to review the link? I did a search before, but nothing came up . Thank you.

I was able to review the thread and it provided more information.

Last edited by KenettaElite; Dec 9, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I agree this property is pretty underwhelming for a JW, probably the least impressive JW I've personally stayed in. The location is pretty good, but there are lots of Marriott properties in this neighborhood (though in general, Marriott in SF is surprisingly bland and uninspiring).
CJKatl likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:58 am

I stay here pretty frequently for work (travel to SF 5+ times a year for multiple weeks at a time). I was looking forward to their new renovations which is why I chose this property but I'm pretty disappointed -- all the windows are single-paned and sometimes leak cold air into the room so it can get noisy and cold (very unpleasant). As part of the renovation they also got rid of the bath tub and replaced it with a very large shower (where annoyingly the controls are so far away you have to step out from under the water to actually reach them). Welcome amenity was really sad, it's a $10 F&B voucher which can at most get you a house drink at the bar.

Lounge is similar to other US lounges -- mediocre breakfast, no happy hour. If you compare against Asian JWs this is a really subpar property for the rates they charge. But in context of SF where all the properties are rather underwhemling it's not bad, and the location is great. Still I'd probably find myself at the Marquis in the future (where it's quieter since it's not as close to Union Square) or at the W (where the rooms are much nicer / not as dated, and I got a mini-bottle of champagne as a complementary welcome amenity).
CJKatl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.