Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Used Sheraton Deira for a quick night between flights, midnight to noon. Having been to Grosvenor House during a stopover on the way out, our expectations were now very different, matching the AED630 rate.

Service during check-in and checkout was very attentive. We were upgraded to a 5th floor executive suite. For a good night's sleep, the aircraft noise was not a problem (but existed). Looking up in the morning, they all seemed to be EK 777s.

I have to agree with earlier posters' comments about the dated feel of the rooms, corridors etc. This was not an issue on a 12-hour stay, but would have been relevant if staying longer (not sure I would have).

The breakfast in the lounge was, while obviously not on a par with GH, clearly above our expectations. Very nicely prepared omelette.

Great bang for the buck to collect a stay towards Plat renewal.
Old May 3, 2014, 6:53 pm

Sheraton Deira it is BIG resonance box.

They make sound proof building from outside (end of DXB runway), but inside they have ballroom, night club, disco,
and same time at Royal Suite is party, all low sounds walking inside this box. It is impossible to sleep at weekend nights.
The aircraft noise was not main problem, you can compare it to quickly passing trains.

Customers looks like stopover clients or mens with prostitutes for few hours, you have hear till 4am not only music noise
but slamming the door, fighting cuples inside rooms (broken glasses or mirrors). Because they have this kind of clients
they charge my card for pre-autorisation 1400USD for future damages (2rooms/4adults for 2 nights), if we compare this foresight
to pre-autorisation 200USD at Grosvenor House (2rooms/4adults for 2 nights) I just laugh.

First Sheraton where we book club room and we can only eat continental breakfest at lounge, in room thay don't have bathrobes.
It need refurbishment, this hotel is now dated, room was clean but not very up to SPG standard. For platinium members 500pts.
or breakfest (continental or bufet I don't know, we choose points), 115EUR with taxes per room I will take next time different hotel.

Management must make decision they are night club with rooms for hours or Sheraton hotel ?

Old May 4, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Agreed this hotel is VERY tired and only a good place if you don't mind the noise, bad lounge IMO, and very dated and in some cases clearly assets that are past their useful life.

Only good thing is the $, but you get what you pay for.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat (life gold);UA 1K; IC Plat Amb
One of the worst hotels I have been to.

3 rooms that I stayed in (transferred twice) smelled badly of smoke. All furniture is worn out. Staff is also bad.

Now that LM is tied to SPG stay there for quickest ride to the airport.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its been about a year since the last update....anyone stay here recently????
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Stayed a month ago, due to cheap rate and late night airport departure.

Sheraton Deira is still the weakest SPG property (service, property, ambience) in UAE and if prices are same range both LeMeridien Fairway and LeMeriden are significantly better options in the same area.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:45 pm

Leaving the Starwood system on March 31, 2016

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=724
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Wow! I wonder what happened.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:22 pm

Thay go to Marriott Courtyard
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:46 am

it is a great value for money cause they offer the 3000 points package for all types of rooms with only a small mark-up over the prepaid rate.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by HHQX888
Thay go to Marriott Courtyard
I wish, as there is a dearth of Courtyard hotels in Dubai.

The manager told me that it will be re-branded as Grand Excelsior, apparently the third in the chain:

Grand Excelsior (Al Barsha)
Grand Excelsior Bur Dubai

Also they will not close while changing the flags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.