Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard by Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Courtyard by Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant

Non-resort mid-rise Courtyard on a walkout barrier island beach north of Palm Beach.

The Good:

1. Its on a walk-out beach.
2. Free parking.
3. Goofy little outside bar next to the medium-size pool. (Can't really imagine either of them working when packed out, but not a bad setting if the place is half empty).
4. Room has larger than hotel normal refrigerator and a microwave.
5. Category 4

The Whatever:

1. Average room size at best.
2. Very small bath.
3. Glass door on bathroom. (Say what)?
4. Not really much choice where to eat. I believe the bistro was morning only. It may be a barrier island, but the only fish on the menus I saw were tilapia and mahi. (So whatever happened to all the beach-town fish shacks with the local Florida catch? I can get mahi frozen, and suppose they did too. Tilapia? At the beach)?
5. Late checkout seemed to be a bad subject and I only got an hour. Maybe everybody asks, and I'm gold not mega plat.

If you want something non-resort right on the beach with shorter stay hotel-booking convenience; this might be for you. (And seriously, does anyone know a place to get real local fish on Hutchinson Island)?

Last edited by jayer; Apr 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I stayed here last month and agree with your experiences.

The room(oceanfront) was average and the bathroom was extremely small,with a pedestal sink-thus no counter space. Quaint,but pretty nonfunctional.

Larger refrigerator,but no freezer in it.

As a Plat, I was disappointed that I did not get an upgrade except for a higher floor. I never assume I will get one,but if there is space available, a property can garner some goodwill by upgrading. There were plenty of vacancies,according to staff.

The room was very clean.

The outdoor bar is a nice touch.

It is a good location if you want low-key beach time. But they charge 20 per day for lounges on the beach-pretty steep for a basic property.

You will definitely need a car,as there is not much nearby and airport transportation is pretty much nonexistent.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates. Your fellow FTers appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops - wrong hotel - thought this was the resort on HI, not the CY.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I stayed here last month and agree with your experiences.

The room(oceanfront) was average and the bathroom was extremely small,with a pedestal sink-thus no counter space. Quaint,but pretty nonfunctional.

Larger refrigerator,but no freezer in it.

As a Plat, I was disappointed that I did not get an upgrade except for a higher floor. I never assume I will get one,but if there is space available, a property can garner some goodwill by upgrading. There were plenty of vacancies,according to staff.

The room was very clean.

The outdoor bar is a nice touch.

It is a good location if you want low-key beach time. But they charge 20 per day for lounges on the beach-pretty steep for a basic property.

You will definitely need a car,as there is not much nearby and airport transportation is pretty much nonexistent.
Agree with most everything above. Just stayed here after returning from a cruise 1/19 to 1/22. It is a bit of a drive from MIA/FLL but is *very* nice for a CY, IMHO.

While the bathroom was small (and I didn't like the glass door as well), the shower was huge.

Save your money on beach chair rental - $30/day each!. Buy some at the WalMart in Stewart, or just ask the front desk for a bunch of towels (free) and build your own beach blanket.

Lots of great local restaurants in Stewart / Jensen Beach as well. Yelp! is your friend. Prices for local food were a little on the high side, but it was all very tasty. Try the Italian joint directly in front of the hotel...

I booked 3 rooms using my Megabonus Free Category 4 certificates. As a Platinum, I was upgraded to an oceanview balcony without asking in the "king size bed" room for me and my wife. The two other rooms for my extended family (both 2x queen beds) were across the hallway with no balcony but still had a sliding glass door that opened to a view of the parking lot. All 3 were on the 6th floor.

Staff was attentive and friendly. All in all, I am very pleased with the experience and would definitely consider returning in the future.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Was there for a weekend in 2004 or 2005 and it sounds like the place is exactly the same as it was then, which is a good thing!

Not the greatest, plushest or luxurious but cheap enough and out of the way / unspoiled compared to other Florida tourist areas.

Its in a very low key residential area IIRC and about a 1/2 drive to Port St Lucie which was our focus of the weekend, Spring Training...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:53 pm

globnib, thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside (Near Jensen Beach)

Any recent updates? The website mentions renovated rooms at this property?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Muerz
Any recent updates? The website mentions renovated rooms at this property?
They were renovated in 2013 but the bathrooms seem to be the same. New carpet, linens and mattresses.

I live in Jensen Beach as of 6/20 and it is a very quaint little town. I prefer the Marriott (stayed in both) as it is closer to downtown Stuart which is a great little downtown area.

Here are some restaurant recommendations for those that want them:

Stuart, FL

Black Marlin (downtown)
Osceola Cafe (downtown)
La Forchetta (Stuart off of 1-95 and Lost River Road). It is a dive in a strip center and some of the best Italian food I have had anywhere.
Shrimpers
Manatee Cafe
Chris D'Anna
Toojays (It's a chain but a great NY deli)
Pusateri's (awesome pizza)
Carson's Tavern
Wahoo's Riverhouse

If you want to hang with the locals and have some awesome people watching head to Charlie's Grill and Bar on Sunday and Tuesday for country karaoke. It's a hoot.

Jensen Beach

Eleven Maple Street
Conchy Joes
Crawdaddy's
Pietros on the River and one on the Ocean
Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:10 am

apodo77, thanks for the update on the property & restaurant suggestions. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:34 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Any recent stays? How is the beach?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have stayed here a few times. Beach surf was frequently rough but a good beach hotel value if you need to be in the area. That said the hotel just dropped the Courtyard flag is and is now independent:

https://www.opalcollection.com/lucie/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.