Search

RC Amelia Island, Florida

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:46 pm

any updates?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by frankhi
any updates?
What do you want to know? I stay here several times a year and got married here.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
What do you want to know? I stay here several times a year and got married here.
I have read several reviews saying it's in need of updating, any comments? Have you been offered reasonably priced suite upgrades at check in? What do you think of Salt's? Any other comment/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:57 am

I have read several reviews saying it's in need of updating, any comments? Have you been offered reasonably priced suite upgrades at check in? What do you think of Salt's? Any other comment/suggestions would be appreciated.
The lobby and several restaurants were updated in 2016. The Lobby Lounge is a great place to unwind. A good friend of mine plays the Lobby Lounge on Thurs nights from 4-9 - see Events - Taylor Roberts. He also plays Salt - I would recommend sitting in the bar area of Salt to grab a drink or some appetizers and listen to him play.

The rooms are nice, not the best I've seen but certainly what you'd expect at RC.

Salt is very good. I would recommend the Steak and Eggs.

I can't speak to what one would expect for upgrades. I think because I go there so much and got married there, my upgrade percentage is probably much higher than normal. The Club is very good - I'd burn a Club upgrade certificate if you have the RC Visa. If you do go to Club, ask for Joni. She makes a strong drink and is great to chat with - same with Sumner and Dawn. If you use points, you can upgrade to the Club for $200/night. The Club gets you access to the Club Beach, which is an extension of Club right on the beach. It has its own beach chairs with cocktails and drinks offered by the staff.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
I've been a couple times, most recently in June. I love this property. It's my favorite Ritz-Carlton. It's the perfect meld of Southern hospitality, RC service and amenities, and beach laid back attitude. Staff will get to know while you are there, and remember you if you become a repeater. My ONLY complaint is that housekeeping takes a while when requesting something. It happened multiple times on my most recent stay. We stayed in an ocean front suite on our last stay-- highly recommend it. You'll feel like the resort is empty because you're at the end of the building and you'll be looking out of the dunes and beach. Salt is wonderful-- an experience one must try when you're there. The "main" restaurant that's open all day is very good too. The sweetest and most thoughtful employee is in this restaurant. The spa here is one of the best too. It's huge, and has a private outdoor pool and hot tub with a waterfall-- very relaxing.

Thanks, now I want to go back already...
controller1 likes this.

Last edited by brianinok; Jul 25, 2018 at 11:01 am
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by brianinok
I've been a couple times, most recently in June. I love this property. It's my favorite Ritz-Carlton. It's the perfect meld of Southern hospitality, RC service and amenities, and beach laid back attitude. Staff will get to know while you are there, and remember you if you become a repeater. My ONLY complaint is that housekeeping takes a while when requesting something. It happened multiple times on my most recent stay. We stayed in an ocean front suite on our last stay-- highly recommend it. You'll feel like the resort is empty because you're at the end of the building and you'll be looking out of the dunes and beach. Salt is wonderful-- an experience one must try when you're there. The "main" restaurant that's open all day is very good too. The sweetest and most thoughtful employee is in this restaurant. The spa here is one of the best too. It's huge, and has a private outdoor pool and hot tub with a waterfall-- very relaxing.

Thanks, now I want to go back already...
Thanks, just the info I wanted....
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:47 pm

Thanks, just the info I wanted....
Also, there are no dining options nearby, so you would need to venture downtown. If you go off-site, I would hit 29 South, Cafe Karibo, or Salty Pelican - 29 South is my favorite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.