Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near the Atlanta Airport (ATL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver

I will be arriving in ATL at 6 am and my flight doesn't depart until 6 pm. I'm looking for recommendations on any Marriotts in the area that will work with you on holding a room for you during that timeframe, I'm fine with paying a regular night rate just want a guarantee that they will hold the room during that time. I called one Courtyard and I wasn't please with their response...basically to bad so sad we won't work with you.

Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No real ideas but I'm not surprised by the CY's response, only because its a Courtyard, Marriott's most arrogant brand IMO.

There are a few on the edge of airport Marriott's, a REN I believe, and would think they've seen this request a few times... I also stayed once at a FI on the edge, dirt cheap on points, perhaps they would be willing to deal...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just got back staying at the Marriott Gateway, which is the new Marriott connected to ATL with the train that runs to the rental car place.

I tried checking in early that day at 9:30am (MR Plat), but was told hotel was 100% sold out the night before and no rooms were avail, however if one was avail they would have given it to me then.

Had a great room but didn't check-in until 3:00pm after my lunch meeting was over with.

VERY clean. Nice rooms. Great bed. Would stay here over the Full Service Marriott or Renaissance by the airport no questions asked.

Give them a call to see what they can do. Ask for the front desk manager to get the real story / scoop.

Good luck.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
I just got back staying at the Marriott Gateway, which is the new Marriott connected to ATL with the train that runs to the rental car place.

I tried checking in early that day at 9:30am (MR Plat), but was told hotel was 100% sold out the night before and no rooms were avail, however if one was avail they would have given it to me then.

Had a great room but didn't check-in until 3:00pm after my lunch meeting was over with.

VERY clean. Nice rooms. Great bed. Would stay here over the Full Service Marriott or Renaissance by the airport no questions asked.

Give them a call to see what they can do. Ask for the front desk manager to get the real story / scoop.

Good luck.
+1 Great hotel. Perfect location. Stayed overnight before heading to SAP. Will do the same on the way to NAS
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by joshua362
No real ideas but I'm not surprised by the CY's response, only because its a Courtyard, Marriott's most arrogant brand IMO.

There are a few on the edge of airport Marriott's, a REN I believe, and would think they've seen this request a few times... I also stayed once at a FI on the edge, dirt cheap on points, perhaps they would be willing to deal...
Update - I had left a message with the General Manager and he called me back and did work with me to put notes in my file to agree to 7:00 am arrival and 3:30 pm departure, payment of one night. I went with CY because of price and two Queens which I need because there are 4 of us!! Thanks for the reviews of hotels, great to have just in case.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Just how close is the Marriott Gateway to the train and where does the train drop-off at the airport? I'm trying to determine if the this hotel/train is better than the Marriott Airport/van shuttle.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Gateway (new property) doesn't have shuttle. You go outside the ATL terminal hop to ATL Train and first stop is hotel. Short walk and you are there.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
Just how close is the Marriott Gateway to the train and where does the train drop-off at the airport? I'm trying to determine if the this hotel/train is better than the Marriott Airport/van shuttle.
It's the train that goes from the airport to the rental car center. At the airport the stop is a the baggage claim end of the terminal, just beyond the Marta station.

You can see the hotel from the train stop, maybe 100 feet away from the train.

I haven't stayed there yet but have a reservation for early April, thanks to the ability to return a rental car the night before an early morning departure, taking the train to the hotel and then to the airport.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by dcline414
It's the train that goes from the airport to the rental car center. At the airport the stop is a the baggage claim end of the terminal, just beyond the Marta station.

You can see the hotel from the train stop, maybe 100 feet away from the train.

I haven't stayed there yet but have a reservation for early April, thanks to the ability to return a rental car the night before an early morning departure, taking the train to the hotel and then to the airport.
Thanks dcline. We drive to ATL to fly-out and usually stay the night before on the Park n Fly offer and have been using the Marriott Airport on Best Rd. which uses a van to shuttle. Good to have choices, now.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
Thoughts on the SHS Airport versus the Marriott Gateway? Both seem to be connected to the train to the airport, and the SHS has free breakfast (obviously). I booked SHS, but am wondering if the Gateway will be much better/more comfortable?

Any experience at either?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
In my recent experience, the Marriott Gateway has always had much higher prices than the older airport Marriott on Best Rd. The Gateway is outside our company's guidelines so I have stayed at the Best Rd. It is a nice property and the shuttle service has been convenient and reliable. Now that the platinum amenity is being eliminated, I will likely try the Gateway Springhill Suite for my next stay.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Let me clarify how to get to the SkyTrain.

From either North or South Domestic Terminals, head towards the end that serves MARTA. But instead of walking into the MARTA station, walk outside and just across from the MARTA station is the SkyTrain station.

SkyTrain really only has 3 stops, ATL, Gateway and rental cars. Trains run like every 5 minutes. We had been visiting family in ATL and rather than SCHLEP down from the burbs for an early flight, we stayed at the Gateway night before departure. Swam in the EMPTY pool and enjoyed the facilities and decent club lounge much! Bonus, our room had a view of the SkyTrain which son enjoyed watching after dark. Got up early, walked out the front door, short distance to right, up the elevator to SkyTrain station and boom easy departure for family with small children.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just booked at that SHS across the street from the Marriott. How far is it from the train to the SHS? Any stairs to go down?

We're also renting a car...would it be easier to train to the hotel then rent the next morning, or train to the Rental car center then drive to the SHS (I know parking is $12 but right now my car is cheaper to rent the night before rather than the next morning, go figure.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
^Just had a stay at this SHS within the past 10 days--no stairs. You walk out the SHS front door about 1 block to the train, where there is an elevator to take you up to the train level. Very easy and convenient.
Have stayed at this SHS several times and has been consistently good, other than one stay when I kept getting someone elses wake-up call early in the AM.
A complaint to the FD resulted in some extra points ( don't recall how many) and an apology. Hasn't happened since.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
The Gateway Marriott is the nicest and most convenient of any in the area. They can also be the priciest. Parking is in a garage so that's a plus if you're doing the park'n'fly. The Renaissance is cheaper but is starting to really need a renovation. Parking is not covered there and is relatively un-secure.
The SHS shares the same garage as the Gateway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.