Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
No, it's not correct. If you want status for the whole of 2019 (until Feb 2020), you have to sign up in 2018. At least that's what I have been told by Marriott support over phone.

This is incorrect, you can sign up anytime but if you finish challenge in 2018, you'll have status till Feb 2020. If you finish / meet Platinum challenge in 2018, you can get Platinum status for entire 2018 + 2019 till Feb 2020.

Last edited by johndoes; Dec 31, 2017 at 12:11 pm
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by johndoes
This is incorrect, you can sign up anytime but if you finish challenge in 2018, you'll have status till Feb 2020. If you finish / meet Platinum challenge in 2018, you can get Platinum status for entire 2018 + 2019 till Feb 2020.
I just said what I have been told by Marriott support, twice. But anyway, now it's irrelevant, 2018 in.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Am I correct in saying If I sign up now, I would have the rest of JAN and then 90 more days? So around the end of April or is it strictly 90 days from when you sign up?

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Am I correct in saying If I sign up now, I would have the rest of JAN and then 90 more days? So around the end of April or is it strictly 90 days from when you sign up?
Thanks
As far as I understand, no. Three calendar months including the one you sign up from.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95

Thanks
Yes, you are generally given the remainder of the current month plus the following three months to meet the challenge. I signed up the last week of September and had until 31 December to meet the challenge terms. Plenty of other posts in this thread that attest to similar experiences.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:31 am

I just said what I have been told by Marriott support, twice. But anyway, now it's irrelevant, 2018 in.
2018 in, I'll post my DP by end of this week.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by johndoes
2018 in, I'll post my DP by end of this week.
DP?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
DP?
Data point.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:57 pm

How are you guys making the request? I called the Marriott lines today but it said they were closed due to the holidays.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by simchi
How are you guys making the request? I called the Marriott lines today but it said they were closed due to the holidays.
Call when it's not closed due to the holidays?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:38 am

I called today and registered for the 9 stay challenge that I will have to complete by April 30th.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:30 am

Same here.

Besides, I have been offered 18 nights option as well (went with 9 stays). They have told me challenge gonna be reflected in my account in 24 hrs. Awesome if that really is the case now.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MadOverTravel
I called today and registered for the 9 stay challenge that I will have to complete by April 30th.
Great news, I'll plan to call soon too to sign up. And just to confirm, upon meeting the challenge, status is good through Feb 2020? Why so long? I'm not complaining of course, but I would have imagined it would be good for this year, i.e., through Feb 2019.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:52 am

I also called in today and got the 9 stay Plat challenge by 4/30. Is there any way to confirm enrollment? I asked for an email to confirm but they could not provide it.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:37 am

I called today to sign up for the challenge but they said since I was currently Platinum, I needed to wait until March 1 until my status drops to Gold. Does anyone know if I do need to wait or are there other options? My reasoning is that if I can start the challenge now, I would only be Gold for a short time in March before meeting the requirements of the challenge to get to Platinum again as I will meet the Platinum requirements this year.

Last edited by eclipse_boi; Jan 2, 2018 at 7:13 pm Reason: Did not include all information

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.