Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Old May 22, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Are they still giving a nights credit for your birthday?
I received last 2 years and this year nothing.
I think they stopped! Same here, received a gift the last years and nothing this year.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Are they still giving a nights credit for your birthday?
Yes
Old May 22, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
My birthday is in May. I just checked, and I didn't get my birthday night credit this year. However, for the first time, they gave me 500 points on the anniversary of the date I signed up for Marriott Rewards back in the 1990s. That anniversary bonus was back in April.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:26 pm

I got a night credit on my birthday this year.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I got a night credit on my birthday this year.
Me too, was hoping for a cat 1-5 cert for 2 stays, which is what I got last year.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
I did, end of April.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:10 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I wonder if I will get one this year (after August 1).
Old May 30, 2018, 11:57 pm

I got the 1 elite night credit, an e-card from the lounge of a hotel I stayed at last year, and an email from my current property.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
I think they stopped! Same here, received a gift the last years and nothing this year.
Same here, I tweeted MR and they claimed that both Mr. and I chose not to receive it!!!!! We haven't touched the settings for years and they very coldly told me that we will get it next year.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nacho
Same here, I tweeted MR and they claimed that both Mr. and I chose not to receive it!!!!! We haven't touched the settings for years and they very coldly told me that we will get it next year.
Curious, has anyone seen an entry in the profile allow someone to choose not getting the birthday credit? My guess is it may be buried in an email that has a link to click to collect the credit. And it could be different for different members. In reading different posts, some have reported receiving the credit but didn't say they did anything specific to cause it to happen. With the upcoming changes much more opportunity to mess this up.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:46 am

When I called the agent had no idea what I was talking about. She kept on referring to my Visa Card anniversary. After awhile on hold she came back and told me to wait as it was too early.
It was already 2 weeks after my birthday. From my recollection I would always receive an email within a day or so of birthday.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Curious, has anyone seen an entry in the profile allow someone to choose not getting the birthday credit? My guess is it may be buried in an email that has a link to click to collect the credit. And it could be different for different members. In reading different posts, some have reported receiving the credit but didn't say they did anything specific to cause it to happen. With the upcoming changes much more opportunity to mess this up.
The thing is what Marriott told me was that all I need to provide is my birthday in order to get the birthday gift. I did and I got it for 2 years or so, then it suddenly stopped. Nothing has been touched in my profile since nor I got any email saying that I need to actively choose to have the birthday gift (who doesn't want a birthday gift), so I have no idea what they were talking about (unless they don't know what they are talking about).
Old May 31, 2018, 2:32 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by nacho
The thing is what Marriott told me was that all I need to provide is my birthday in order to get the birthday gift. I did and I got it for 2 years or so, then it suddenly stopped. Nothing has been touched in my profile since nor I got any email saying that I need to actively choose to have the birthday gift (who doesn't want a birthday gift), so I have no idea what they were talking about (unless they don't know what they are talking about).
I see you are in EU, perhaps GDPR has impacted how they interact with you?
I think previously you needed to set your privacy settings to allow them send you marketing rubbish in order to get the free night
Old May 31, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
After reading this thread, I checked and my birthday was not on my Marriott profile- guess that's why I've missed out these past few years.

Have LTP now so it doesn't matter much anyways, but would have been nice to have in years past.

(Also a heads up for anyone who isn't sure if their month/date of birth is maintained on their MR profile to do so. )
Old May 31, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Curious, has anyone seen an entry in the profile allow someone to choose not getting the birthday credit? My guess is it may be buried in an email that has a link to click to collect the credit...
Bingo. My email contained a red box with Claim Your Gift on it. You had to click on that link.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.