Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:11 pm

I don't remember if I got an elite night this year but on my birthday in January I was checking into the FS in YYC and got upgraded to one of their largest suites, and there was a half bottle of wine and a cheese/fruit plate and a card waiting waiting for me.

I presume it was from the hotel (rather than MR) as I spend quite a bit of time there and got to meet a lot of the staff through the last year or two of stay. It was a very nice gesture and I really enjoyed it.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if your DOB is listed in your MR profile you should get an elite night credit each year.............
I would therefore suspect that the perks provided were from the hotel itself....

Originally Posted by ross123
I don't remember if I got an elite night this year but on my birthday in January I was checking into the FS in YYC and got upgraded to one of their largest suites, and there was a half bottle of wine and a cheese/fruit plate and a card waiting waiting for me.

I presume it was from the hotel (rather than MR) as I spend quite a bit of time there and got to meet a lot of the staff through the last year or two of stay. It was a very nice gesture and I really enjoyed it.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
if your DOB is listed in your MR profile you should get an elite night credit each year.............
I would therefore suspect that the perks provided were from the hotel itself....
Like some of the other posters on here, I am unable to enter my DOB, there is no facility to do so on my profile!

I have emailed Marriott concierge to ask them to register my details. I presume i will get some sort of acknowledgement from them?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by rylan
I just got an email from Marriott wishing me happy birthday and to click for a surprise... and to opened a page saying I would be receiving a bonus elite night credit.

Kinda cool.
Got the same message on my birthday, that was a pleasant surprise!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by MK19791980
Got the same message on my birthday, that was a pleasant surprise!
Got mine on my birthday (yesterday).

I did have to click to confirm it, so for anyone who is expecting this, make sure you confirm to get your night.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MW147
Got mine on my birthday (yesterday).

I did have to click to confirm it, so for anyone who is expecting this, make sure you confirm to get your night.
Click where? Click what?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Happy Birthday: a gift for you

I recently had my birthday registered thru elite.member@ and got my QN on my birthday.
BTW, I didn't get a message from Marriott.
Thanks Marriott!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by ohmark
Click where? Click what?
In the e-mail was this sentence:

Everyone loves surprises. Click here to get yours.

The word here was a hot link that I had to click, then it told me I would get the night's credit within 48 hours.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Got the same thing last month. First time it's ever happened though.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MW147
In the e-mail was this sentence:

Everyone loves surprises. Click here to get yours.

The word here was a hot link that I had to click, then it told me I would get the night's credit within 48 hours.
+1 for me back in July.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Thumbs down Marriott Gave Me An Elite Night Credit for my Birthday

Got an email yesterday from Marriott. Basically said happy birthday and here's a surprise gift, click here to claim it. When I clicked on the link, it offered me 1 free night's credit towards elite status for next year.

Yeah, that was quite a surprise all right. It's obvious they didn't look at my account status which shows 124 actual nights this year. What will that 125th night's credit get me? Are you kidding me? How about something that I can actually use like some points or a free night certificate.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:47 pm

Or better yet, how about you check any of the other several threads covering the exact same topic. You don't even have to venture too far...like less than fifteen posts down on the same page
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I believe there is an existing thread on this-- perhaps the mods could merge?

Well, at least your birthday is in August Mine is in late December, so when I got the e-mail last year with about a week to go for the year, it was already too late to readjust the plans I had made to requalify!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
They have already said we will have rollover from 2012 to 2013. You will get a rollover night! (Edited due to stupidity.)

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Aug 15, 2012 at 11:37 am
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:48 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Or how about they follow suit of Hyatt, Hilton, and Starwood, and not give you anything?!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.