Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1k
i received 1 elite night for my birthday this year again, it sounds like this is a benefit for Platinum members - grateful for it
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by MK19791980
i received 1 elite night for my birthday this year again, it sounds like this is a benefit for Platinum members - grateful for it
No, I'm back to a lowly gold and I got one too.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by kar120c
No, I'm back to a lowly gold and I got one too.
That's good news...I've been platinum for he last couple of years so that was based on my assumption - good to hear!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Smile Just Got It!

I am a lowly base member -- although next week's stay will pop me up to Silver -- and I just got the Elite Night in my e-mail box today! Such a nice birthday surprise ... Thanks Marriott!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 5:38 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I received this email as well a week or 2 ago. As a LT Plat it really doesn't do much for me (but that is fine as I'm sure most MR members aren't LT Plats).

My issue is that it doesn't look like they ever gave me the night. When I add up the 15 nights from the CC plus my stays this year, that is the number of nights I see (no roll overs for me.)

I don't know if this is just an issue with my account, with my being an LT Plat, or more systemic to the system. So to those whom the extra night might mean something, you might want to make sure it was correctly added to your account.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I received this email as well a week or 2 ago. As a LT Plat it really doesn't do much for me (but that is fine as I'm sure most MR members aren't LT Plats).

My issue is that it doesn't look like they ever gave me the night. When I add up the 15 nights from the CC plus my stays this year, that is the number of nights I see (no roll overs for me.)

I don't know if this is just an issue with my account, with my being an LT Plat, or more systemic to the system. So to those whom the extra night might mean something, you might want to make sure it was correctly added to your account.
DW had a similar issue. The night never appeared and she actually got an error message when trying to click on the link in the e-mail to get the elite night.

She e-mailed Internet Customer Care and they are taking care of it. Here is where the night should show up in your account.

Account Activity-->Nights Earned-->Bonus Nights Earned-->Promotional. If yours shows 0, then you didn't get the elite night.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just a reminder that you need to click on the link (when it's working ) to actually get the night credit. I had thought it just posted automatically, but someone posted in the thread that you need to click on the link so I went back & did it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Checking to see if people are still getting these. I received it last year but not this year. Aren't they sent on the actual birthday date as opposed to the week of or something like that?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:32 pm

Never mind... just received it 12 minutes after posting. Link did not work originally (as mentioned above). Tried in Firefox and received a Runtime Error message. Decided to try in Explorer and it worked.

If yours doesn't work the first time, try a different browser.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
My birthday was last month, and I didn't get anything.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:13 pm

May want to call and see if they will credit you with a night. I will be really close to 75 so I needed the one night. Hopefully it will get me to 75 without a mattress run.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you'll only get it automatically if you're registered for it.........

Originally Posted by cascade
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:02 pm

How do you register for this? I never had to register to receive these but I have received them so far, my partner who is Gold however didn't receive this email yet

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
you'll only get it automatically if you're registered for it.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by cascade

Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
just put your DOB into your MRs personal profile...........that's all.......

Originally Posted by MK19791980
How do you register for this? I never had to register to receive these but I have received them so far, my partner who is Gold however didn't receive this email yet
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dioxide45
DW had a similar issue. The night never appeared and she actually got an error message when trying to click on the link in the e-mail to get the elite night.

She e-mailed Internet Customer Care and they are taking care of it. Here is where the night should show up in your account.

Account Activity-->Nights Earned-->Bonus Nights Earned-->Promotional. If yours shows 0, then you didn't get the elite night.
This is helpful. Received the email but it never posted. Just sent an email to correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.