Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
IMO, you could do much better than the Aloft for 1250++ these days. Sad but true.
Totally. There is the 11 11 Rate available at many BKK properties. Be aware however that these deep discount rates often don't come with benefits as explicitly mentioned in the rate rules.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 managed by Marriott International launches Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...uarantine-asq-

VERY interesting. Having a huge suite with patio and outdoor jacuzzi at this rate might even beat the 120k Le Meridien quoted for their Avantec Suite. While I like the LM most being indoors for that long would kill me.
EuropeanPete and escape4 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently (and until 11/11/20), you can book a deluxe room at MMQP with a choice of Lunch or Dinner for THB 1,111++ per night! M Suites with lounge access going for THB 2,222++ per night!

Marriott Sukhumvit 57 is offering THB 1,630++ per night if you prepay (they give you 24-hours after booking to cancel).

JWM is offering a Member Rate Promotion of THB 1,941++ including breakfast daily at JW Cafe

SGS is going for THB 2,860 all in ...

etc. etc. etc.

For those who are there, time to get cheap status and lifetime credits!
Careful though, the 1,111 Baht rate doesn't come with any benefits for elite members. It's "Room Only".

I'd book the package rate incl 1000 THB credit per night and combine it with Megatix.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 11:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Careful though, the 1,111 Baht rate doesn't come with any benefits for elite members. It's "Room Only".

I'd book the package rate incl 1000 THB credit per night and combine it with Megatix.
No lounge access for elites?

Where does say that?

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
No lounge access for elites?

Where does say that?

Thanks!
In the rate rules:

- This promotion is eligible for Marriott BonVoy stay night
credit and for earning points. Other status benefits e.g. No
suite upgrades for Elite Members. M Club Lounge access and
discounts are not available.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Is there a set process for a tourist to enter?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37
In the rate rules:
The M-suite rate includes lounge access but too bad there won't be any points or night credit earning!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by reggiekush
Is there a set process for a tourist to enter?
There is a whole thread discussing that ...

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand
EuropeanPete and reggiekush like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The M-suite rate includes lounge access but too bad there won't be any points or night credit earning!
Re-read the rate rules. Nights and points are accrued. It's the status benefits that aren't given.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:09 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Urgh i wish i could go to Thailand, quarantine for 14 days and enjoy it there, work from my room
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
VERY interesting. Having a huge suite with patio and outdoor jacuzzi at this rate might even beat the 120k Le Meridien quoted for their Avantec Suite. While I like the LM most being indoors for that long would kill me.
How is soundproofing at Aloft? I agree this ASQ room sounds like an attractive option. However for such a long stay if we can hear the Levels night club it would be a more significant issue than if I was staying just a few nights.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Soundproofing was never an issue in Aloft, the smell in some rooms is one.

14 days with mould smell will be a challenge for me
Old Nov 14, 2020, 3:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Some reported recently that the mold smell was no longer an issue, although that might not be true for all rooms. As much as I would like the outdoor jacuzzi, I might play it safe and book at Le Meridien instead. I suspect food will be better at LM as well.
LIH Prem and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All these rates are point and night qualifying. The M Lounge is closed however and they have transformed the lobby bar into the lounge and I really can't stand it. There are also tons of mosquitos because the front door is open all the time. I usually grab a soda during the day and on some days check if they have a decent snack selection in the evening.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
Some reported recently that the mold smell was no longer an issue, although that might not be true for all rooms. As much as I would like the outdoor jacuzzi, I might play it safe and book at Le Meridien instead. I suspect food will be better at LM as well.
There is no mold or sewage smell in the aloft suites. Considering the price is the same for Aloft Jacuzzi Patio Suite and the Le Meridien Avantec Suite I'd rather stay somewhere that offers an option of breathing fresh air during two weeks incarceration.

Food... most hotel food sucks and gets boring. Apparently you can have outside food delivered / brought to the hotel. Tons of good restaurants in BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.