Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by s0479
Does anyone have the new email from hotel since they changed names? I have old ones and have emailed Marriott for it but who knows how long that will take the their poor response times right now. It’s already been at least a couple of weeks. Thanks for your assistance!

Assistant Manager is Chiara Zambianchi. Her email is [email protected]. Enjoying our stay and being treated well as platinum.

Last edited by tbrein; Aug 16, 2018 at 12:00 am
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Thanks!

Originally Posted by tbrein

Assistant Manager is Chiara Zambianchi. Her email is [email protected]. Enjoying our stay and being treated well as platinum.

thanks! We stayed there in 2014 and it was wonderful.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by canred
Marriott's web site for this hotel indicates: "An extra person charge of EUR 65 per night per person applies to additional guests in room 12 years and older"

Does this mean I have to add 65 euros to the indicated price when there will be a total of 2 people in the room?
Can someone please confirm if there is an additional charge of 65 euros for the 2nd person in 1 room?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by aly7859
Can someone please confirm if there is an additional charge of 65 euros for the 2nd person in 1 room?
There is not. the 65 Euros is for a third person in the room. The price is for double occupancy.
We were there in August and we had a great time. I am Platinum and was treated royally. We were very happy with the hotel and the service.
aly7859 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
We arrived at Grand Hotel Dei Dogi via the Alialguna Aranicia (Orange) Line to Madonna dell Orto stop (commonly known as Orto.) It was a short walk from the stop to the hotel, easy for a 50+ couple with two carry-ons and two large tote bags. Note: the line for the Alilaguna was LONG at the airport, after waiting quite some time I really questioned my decision not to spring for a water taxi and get dropped right at the hotels back dock!

As a Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, I was warmly welcomed and had the amenities explained to me (free breakfast, plus choice of points, $10 Food and Beverage coupon or wine/cheese platter which is what we took.)

Our room wasnt ready, so we dropped our bags and freshened up in the lavatories off the lobby. We came back when they told us (about 1:30 PM) and were able to check in. There were things I loved at the hotel: the staff, the breakfast, the location (LOVED Cannaregio, so quaint and quiet.) I enjoyed our view of the canal, although we could see that other Panoramic (or maybe Junior Suite?) rooms had more direct views than ours (we were on the side of the hotel.)

However, there were definitely some issues while we were there: no Wifi for two days! I ended up having to use my phone as a Wifi hotspot (via International roaming) in order to send a work document on my laptop. We also had issues with the shower scalding hot one minute, chilly the next. And while it is never guaranteed, I was disappointed not to get an upgrade of any kind. It was a paid stay (not points) and had been made 10 months in advance.

Some other points, our room was very quiet and the bed was so comfortable which made for great sleep every night. The room was kept very clean, there were nice toiletries and fluffy towels in the bathroom. There were plenty of hangers, drawers for our clothes.

We loved Cannaregio, it was so delightful to wander back home each day after sight-seeing to the oasis of calm around the hotel. However, to be clear, there are tons of choices for dinner, drinks, etc. nearby. We are some great meals, all about a 5 to 10 minute walk away.

We fell in love with Venice and would love to come back. Would I return to the Dei Dogi? Maybe. The rooms could use a freshening, plus the Wifi and the shower temperature issues were disappointing given the expensive price of the hotel. But the knowledgeable, friendly staff; great location, and wonderful breakfast buffet were big pluses.

Next stop, the Sina Villa Medici in Florence!
SanDiego1K, aly7859 and fedechat like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC*Elite, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Any recent trip reports. Have an upcoming stay, so wanted to be prepared as to what to expect.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Konsultant
Any recent trip reports. Have an upcoming stay, so wanted to be prepared as to what to expect.
Hi there,

Had a short stay recently. I'd say everything that was previously said still holds true. It's a nice place but a little dated. I was in Venice for less than 24 hours, so I didn't have any time for sightseeing or exploring much of the hotel itself. I booked the basic room on points and used a Suite Night upgrade for a Panorama room. There was a welcome note and a package of local pasta waiting for me in the room.

I didn't have any issue catching the water bus from the airport at around 9pm on a Sunday night, and there were open restaurants within a 10 min walk if I wanted food. As others have mentioned, the hotel itself is in a quiet neighborhood, so the streets are pretty empty after dark. The main streets with restaurants were more lively, but the walk from the water bus to the hotel was a bit uncomfortable for me since it was dark, narrow, empty, and unknown. Followed Google Maps without any issue though.

I took the breakfast option instead of points since I didn't have time to walk around in the morning. The posted rate for the buffet was 28, which seems a bit high. It was a pretty standard breakfast spread, but not really anything special considering the high category level. There was a selection of breads, muffins, pastries, cold cuts, cheese, fruit, and some steam trays with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and tomatoes. Waffles, French toast, and omelets were made to order. Again, totally fine, but if you have time to walk around and explore the area, I'm sure you can find something more memorable. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have just taken the points and had breakfast in the airport lounge.

Overall, I'd say it was a unique property, not a bad stay, but not anywhere I'd go out of my way to visit again.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Marriott Bonvoy Loses Four Dedica Anthology (Autograph Collection) Hotels In Europe

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/01/07/...els-in-europe/

Rome – Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Budapest – New York Palace, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Prague – Carlo IV, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Venice – Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:26 pm

Now its official:
This hotel will exit the Marriott system on April 30, 2020. Bonvoy membership benefits will not be offered to any reservation as of May 1, 2020 onwards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.