Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone know how far this hotel locates from the cruise port? Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Not close. Opposite side of the city.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by milemission
Anyone know how far this hotel locates from the cruise port? Thanks!
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
Not close. Opposite side of the city.

Goodle Maps show it is a 30 minute walk, but with luggage (and it being Venice), I would bet that it takes longer.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Goodle Maps show it is a 30 minute walk, but with luggage (and it being Venice), I would bet that it takes longer.
^+1 I've always gotten "lost" and had to back track every time I've walked anywhere in Venice.

Take the Vaporetto. It drops you off about 100 yds away.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Take the Vaporetto. It drops you off about 100 yds away.
Sorry, a bit confused. Are you saying that you take the vaporetto from the hotel to the cruise port, and that the vaporetto then drops you 100 years away from the cruise port? Or are you suggesting a way to reach the hotel from the airport?

I've got a stay coming up in late August, prior to a cruise with Celebrity. So I'd love to get directions (in as much detail as possible - it's a funny thing, but when we travel, my wife expects that I know every foreign city just like the back of my hand) both (1) to the hotel from the airport and then (2) from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

Last edited by GetawaysRus; Mar 18, 2014 at 8:44 am
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Sorry, a bit confused. Are you saying that you take the vaporetto from the hotel to the cruise port, and that the vaporetto then drops you 100 years away from the cruise port? Or are you suggesting a way to reach the hotel from the airport?

I've got a stay coming up in late August, prior to a cruise with Celebrity. So I'd love to get directions (in as much detail as possible - it's a funny thing, but when we travel, my wife expects that I know every foreign city just like the back of my hand) both (1) to the hotel from the airport and then (2) from the hotel to the cruise terminal.
From the airport (VCE) to the hotel - take the orange line (LINEA ALILAGUNA ARANCIO) to the first stop (ORTO or "M. DELL'ORTO" on the map/schedule) It leaves the airport every 30 minutes beginning at 8am until 7:30pm, then about every hour after that until 11:45pm)

It costs about 10 euro one way and is a separate ticket from the Vaparetto/ACTV. It is a 30 minute trip, and there should be plenty of room for luggage. I think you can buy your ticket at the (airport ) station, before you board.

Once you get off the boat at the ORTO stop, it is about 100 yards to the hotel (use google maps)

From the hotel to the cruise line, the cheapest way is to take the Vaparetto/ACTV boat. Walk from the hotel back to the ORTO stop. Catch the 4.1 or 4.2 or 5.1 or 5.2 line that goes toward Piazzale Roma (P. Roma on the map). Ask the driver to make sure you are going in the correct direction.

The boats run maybe every 10-15 minuts, and it will take 20 minutes to P. Roma. You can buy a ticket at the ORTO station, and then you have to validate it at the pier - place it against the white machine. Or you can buy the ticket on board but you must do so immediately upon boarding. I believe it is about 6 or 7 euro.

From Piazzale Roma you can take a free cruise shuttle bus, or the people mover (think airport terminal train, for 1 euro) for the 900 meters to the cruise terminal.

FYI you can also passes for the Vaparetto for 1 or 2 or 3 days.

An alternative to get from hotel to cruise ship is to hire a meet/greet service with a private/ semi private boat. They will either meet you in the hotel lobby or at the hotel pier, and deliver you to the ship. I have seen it as low as $40 per person.

My wife and I are doing the same thing (Celebrity Cruise near end of August) so perhaps we will cross paths.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Full disclosure - I have been to Venice before, but most of the above details are from internet searches, since I have had plenty of spare time lately!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:32 am

I've never been to the cruise port or airport; but it appears from the maps I look at that the easiest way from the hotel to the cruise terminal would be a water taxi. My choice would be to take the vaporetto from the hotel (Orto stop) to the train station (Ferrovia stop) and then walk to the cruise terminal.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Anyone had luck in checking in early and also able to request a late check-out?
Old May 8, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
how is the evening boscolo venezia exec lounge

Thanks in advance for any info.

I was wondering about the offerings in the boscolo venice executive lounge morning and night, especially at night. Is wine complimentary. What type of food do they offer? Looking at the Venice restaurant pricing, hoping to have a decent lunch out and having lounge food in the evening tie me over until breakfast. Has anyone stayed recently?

Have they been upgrading Plats at this hotel? Does this hotel have balconies?
Old May 8, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I don't think the Boscolo Venezia has a lounge.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:10 am

No lounge but a good breakfast buffet for Gold/Plat/PP
Old May 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
No lounge but a good breakfast buffet for Gold/Plat/PP
+1. Enjoyed everything about this property.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:17 pm
AAL

I just stayed at the Boscolo Venezia a few weeks ago and loved it. Great breakfast. No executive lounge, but some decent restaurants in the neighborhood; our dinner at Anice Stellato was very good and a reasonably price. We used the hotel's water taxi shuttle to St. Mark's several times, and the nearby vaporetto stop also.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:22 pm
AAL

Originally Posted by eddie1973
Anyone had luck in checking in early and also able to request a late check-out?
We arrived about noon, and weren't able to get a room until about 2:30; other guests were also waiting for rooms. We were not able to get a late checkout either, but the hotel was happy to store our luggage for the afternoon.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Parking and walk to hotel?

The hotel website doesn't have an email--at least not one I can find. It someone has it, I'd appreciate it.

It says off site parking for 26 euro. I assume the train station?

One post said it's walkable from the train station. True? (I walk a lot)

I also noted that the hotel doesn't provide a free breakfast on weekends for golds (upthread somewhere). Is this also true?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.