FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, Hawaii [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1284007-courtyard-king-kamehamehas-kona-beach-hotel-hawaii-master-thread.html)

msp3 Mar 3, 2020 7:01 pm

When you book a few months out from now, a new room type "renovated room" shows up as an option. I wonder if renovations are starting at this property?

cmatthews11 Mar 4, 2020 11:13 am

Originally Posted by msp3 (Post 32138806)
When you book a few months out from now, a new room type "renovated room" shows up as an option. I wonder if renovations are starting at this property?

Staying here now, and they definitely are - that said there is no noticeable construction going on that I can tell.

Tanic Mar 4, 2020 11:24 am

I stayed at KKKBH last month and they upgraded me to a "newly renovated room." It was nice, but seemed similar to the room from a few years ago.

Doppy Jan 9, 2021 7:37 pm

Property looks old and run down from the outside, but the rooms were recently refreshed and so while they're still not what you would expect from a new hotel, they are in decent shape.

No coffeemakers in the room, which is the one amenity you would expect to have at a Courtyard. Instead they provide a single $2 off coupon per night for the coffee shop in the hotel, which purports to serve 100% Kona coffee ($4+tax for a small) that tastes like any burnt Starbucks blend.

Convenient location to walk to places to eat and drink.

ashley1245 Mar 13, 2021 8:47 am

Trying to use up some 35k certs. My husband has some and he’s only gold. I’m titanium and also have some. It doesn’t seem like there are too many Titanium perks here, so I’m inclined to use his. Are there some Titanium perks at this property that I’m overlooking? Traveling in two weeks. Thanks!

cmatthews11 Mar 13, 2021 9:13 am

Originally Posted by ashley1245 (Post 33097751)
Trying to use up some 35k certs. My husband has some and he’s only gold. I’m titanium and also have some. It doesn’t seem like there are too many Titanium perks here, so I’m inclined to use his. Are there some Titanium perks at this property that I’m overlooking? Traveling in two weeks. Thanks!

There aren't any lounges, but the you can get upgraded to an ocean view room... not sure what else in particular would vary from the standard Titanium benefits.

ajcopley Apr 24, 2021 10:27 am

Looking at a week on the Big Island in June. Will be using points (unfortunately not enough to stay at the Waikoloa Marriott), so it's down to the Kona Courtyard or the Sheraton. Any recent experiences at either property? Is one preferred over the other?

Regarding parking....I know both properties charge, but is there any such thing as "free off-site parking" close to either property?

Thanks in advance!

nldogbert Apr 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ajcopley (Post 33202216)
Looking at a week on the Big Island in June. Will be using points (unfortunately not enough to stay at the Waikoloa Marriott), so it's down to the Kona Courtyard or the Sheraton. Any recent experiences at either property? Is one preferred over the other?

Regarding parking....I know both properties charge, but is there any such thing as "free off-site parking" close to either property?

Thanks in advance!

Just a generic view - I think parking would be included in the compulsory "resort" charges. So I would not worry about this. This is at least what I remember from my last stay.

Cheers!

ajcopley Apr 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 33202589)
Just a generic view - I think parking would be included in the compulsory "resort" charges. So I would not worry about this. This is at least what I remember from my last stay.

Cheers!

Actually I do not believe parking is included in the cash-grab commonly referred to as a "resort charge". It's an additional $30 / day or so on top of it...

DELee Apr 24, 2021 6:28 pm

Parking is not free here. Check the website.

David

ajcopley Apr 24, 2021 6:42 pm

Yup fully understand that it's not free. The question is, are there any off-site parking locations that people have found where they can park for free?

stvr Apr 24, 2021 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by ajcopley (Post 33203093)
Yup fully understand that it's not free. The question is, are there any off-site parking locations that people have found where they can park for free?

yes.

stvr Apr 24, 2021 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by ajcopley (Post 33202216)

Thanks in advance!

maybe buy some points to top off and stay at one of the better properties on the island. Serious suggestion.

cmatthews11 Jul 31, 2021 2:05 pm

Does the hotel offer a discount for the Island Breeze luau? I want to book in advance but I don't see anything online about hotel guests getting any deals.

DallasEsq Oct 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Any recent stays here? I'm hoping to visit in January and wondering what kind of Platinum breakfast amenity is being offered.