Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by davidw70
Very interesting pricing for this coming weekend:

April 6 €194
April 7 €134
April 8 €50000

Average rate (excluding tax) of €16776. Hotel Arts, Edition and W are all significantly cheaper.
?bonvoyed????
44xxx for a few nights in April and 128xxx for May 9 - Marriott IT strikes again!

Last edited by estnet; Apr 1, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Ha! That is crazy pricing. Must be some big event/group staying there. Or just an error.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:00 am

I stayed here a few times. It’s ok. One weird thing though: when I was assigned a room on a lower floor, ie no upgrade, I had to ask for a kettle ( to make tea). They provided it but charged me a fee for it ( can’t remember how much, probably nominal). That as SPG LTP...it struck me as the ultimate in penny-pinching.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wired2theworld
I am considering a 2-night stay here vs the AC Sants hotel in October at the end of a trip to Northern Spain. We will be dropping our rental car at the Sants train station and then leaving 2 days later for the airport so the AC Sants is a very convenient location. But the Four Points looks nicer and offers twin beds which it does not look like the AC Sants has.
Some things to note; I'm traveling with my mother and we both are Marriott Gold and each have a free night certificate we'd like to use (which is why we are considering these hotels).
The biggest issue for me is that the Four Points is much farther from the train station. We'd have to take a metro or bus to get there after dropping the car (we prefer taking public transportation over taxis and we travel fairly light with carry on luggage only). It's also that much farther from the airport when we leave 2 days later.
Given all that, any advice on which hotel to choose?
The 4 Points is a nicer hotel in a much better part of the city.

But ultimately convenience and mobility might take preference.

FWIW you can walk maybe 15 minutes between the 4 Points and the Clot-Arago train station, which is on the same line to the airport via Sants.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The 4 Points is a nicer hotel in a much better part of the city.

But ultimately convenience and mobility might take preference.

FWIW you can walk maybe 15 minutes between the 4 Points and the Clot-Arago train station, which is on the same line to the airport via Sants.
Didn't I just mention clot-Arago a few posts down? It'a a nice walk (unless it's raining) and I agree about the better part of the city
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by estnet
You can use the t10 ticket on this (10 ride ticket for ? 10 e - not sure if 2 people can share one ticket)
yes, multiple people can use the T10 ticket.

one thing to remember about the Renfe Cercanias train to the airport, is that it goes to the old terminal. from there, you can take the free shuttle to the new terminal if that's where you're flying from. It's not a huge deal but just adds maybe 20 minutes to your trip.

i have found the aerobus to placa catalunya to be the most convenient and comfortable.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Seconded on Aerobús to Plaça Catalunya is the easiest option.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
getting worse

Originally Posted by paolo64
I stayed here a few times. It’s ok. One weird thing though: when I was assigned a room on a lower floor, ie no upgrade, I had to ask for a kettle ( to make tea). They provided it but charged me a fee for it ( can’t remember how much, probably nominal). That as SPG LTP...it struck me as the ultimate in penny-pinching.
Amen. Have a look at my mini review (#136) & you will see that coffee/tea has been a moving target @ this property. They charged you for a kettle?? Suggests to me its getting worse, not better.

BTW, the GM was hopeless last year - but - I suggest you let her know : [email protected]
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Not sure whether to stay here or the AC Sants for 3 nights hmm...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Not sure whether to stay here or the AC Sants for 3 nights hmm...
There's no reason at all to stay at Sants for 3 nights, unless you're doing day trips to Sitges, etc... The 4 Points is far better than the AC.
lcpteck likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Just completed a 3 night stay. I really wanted to like this hotel but ultimately cannot recommend it.

The pros:
1. Location is convenient for transit but a little bit further out. Sagrada Familiar was an easy walk.
2. The rooms are of a decent spec.
3. Titanium recognition was solid and we received an upgrade to a top floor view of the mountains and the Sagrada Familia.
4. The central air conditioning works well.

The cons:
1. The soundproofing of the rooms is simply the worst I have experienced staying at Marriott/SPG properties all over the world. We could hear every conversation of our neighbours.
2. The central AC flooded our room with cigarette smoke from a neighbor which we had to complain about.
3. The buffet breakfast early on Saturday morning was disastrous with the hot items stone cold. Cold hash browns and eggs are not my favorite. A shame as the quality and selection was good.
4. Unable to process a Marriott Gift Card without a manager who wasn't present. They charge your stay on your credit card at check in. Not a preauth they actually charge you which added a further complication. They proposed taking the gift card and refunding onto the credit card after I had left but I declined as the amount wasn't worth the risk and hassle.

Conclusion: Pay the extra Euros or points and stay in a higher end property.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Any recent stays here? Looking for a nice convenient stay pre cruise in October as a Titanium elite. I looked at LM, but price is close to $400 per night. Open to suggestions. Willing to use points if it makes sense. I do not have one free night certificate as well.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Any recent stays here? Looking for a nice convenient stay pre cruise in October as a Titanium elite. I looked at LM, but price is close to $400 per night. Open to suggestions. Willing to use points if it makes sense. I do not have one free night certificate as well.
I’ve stayed there numerous times over the years, including a couple days in second half of 2021. It’s a very affordable option (typically the cheapest in the city) and while a couple miles from central tourist sites, there are lots of places to eat along Rambla de Poblenou and it’s about a 15-minute walk from the beach. Friendly staff, not really any upgraded rooms in my experience (Lifetime Titanium), nothing fancy but beautiful views of either sea in the distance or Sagrada Familia when on a high floor.
A little further from center but quite affordable and potential for upgrades is the AC Forum, which is right next to beach. It does have a Metro stop right there and taxi to cruise should be quick as the road along sea is next to hotel.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by spainlover
I’ve stayed there numerous times over the years, including a couple days in second half of 2021. It’s a very affordable option (typically the cheapest in the city) and while a couple miles from central tourist sites, there are lots of places to eat along Rambla de Poblenou and it’s about a 15-minute walk from the beach. Friendly staff, not really any upgraded rooms in my experience (Lifetime Titanium), nothing fancy but beautiful views of either sea in the distance or Sagrada Familia when on a high floor.
A little further from center but quite affordable and potential for upgrades is the AC Forum, which is right next to beach. It does have a Metro stop right there and taxi to cruise should be quick as the road along sea is next to hotel.
Thank you.
The 4 point sounds fine. Was just a little concerned about the comments above. Just looking for quiet and clean. With the money saved on the room we can take cabs

as a titanium will we get free breakfast?
spainlover likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Thank you.
The 4 point sounds fine. Was just a little concerned about the comments above. Just looking for quiet and clean. With the money saved on the room we can take cabs

as a titanium will we get free breakfast?
The negative comments mentioned above seemed a bit of an outlier to me, although I'm a repeat guest who doesn't need fancy or to be located on the Ramblas...

Titaniums get free breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.