Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Pazhou, China [Master Thread]

Old Sep 28, 11, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat

Westin Pazhou was newly opened on September 1, 2011. Westin Pazhou is located near the Exhibition Centre in Guangzhou which is about 15 minutes taxi ride from the Guangzhou East Rail Station (note that this is different from the Westin Guangzhou which is just one block away from the station).

Have stayed there a few times since opening. Got upgraded to a suite once which was very nice. The bathroom amenities in the suite are Occitane. The club lounge is very spacious but the offerings are somewhat limited. There is only a mini-bar fridge with very limited bottled water and soft drinks. Evening cocktails was better with more selection. Lounge only opens from 11am. Plat breakie is buffet breakfast at the main coffee shop.

The biggest disappointment was F&B. There wasn't even a room service menu in the room. When i called the operator to order room service, she had to read out a selection of 9 items which i could ordered from. Apparently, room service is not yet in full service. The Chinese restaurant was very slow. I ordered something, it wasn't until 20 minutes later one of the waitress came back and said the items were sold out and asked me to order something else. Then i ordered something else, and after another 15 minutes another person came and said that item was sold out too! All in all a very simple meal at the Chinese restaurant took almost 2 hours, mostly due to waiting time. So if one was in a hurry, beware!

Another complaint was only two of the six elevators were working, and had to wait 5 to 10 minutes each time you wanted to go up to the lounge or down to the gym etc.

The gym and pool were all very nice and spacious, there were only a few people using the facilities.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice, and with time i am sure all the hiccups and glitches will be fixed. I have no hesitation staying there again if need to be back in the area.

Also worth mentioning that there is currently an opening special of CNY 988 which is inclusive of service charges and taxes as well as a F&B credit of CNY 500. There is also double / triple up bonus points (not on that long list of non-participating hotels!) So it's a pretty good deal if you need to find a hotel in Guangzhou.
Old Sep 28, 11, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold
How did it compare to the Westin Ganghzou? I'll be there next month for the Canton Fair and the Pazhou was obscenely expensive.
Old Oct 30, 11, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Mega Boris View Post
How did it compare to the Westin Ganghzou? I'll be there next month for the Canton Fair and the Pazhou was obscenely expensive.
It was better; but I'm not sure if it justifies the $ difference. It is very convenient to the fair; especially if you want to go back to the hotel other than the shuttle hours to/from Westin Guangzhou. I was upgraded to a suite. The club lounge is fine, biggest improvement is it's not smokey like the Westing Guangzhou so to me, that was big. No champagne in the evening, which was a minus. The staff was absolutely fantastic at every turn. Spa was great and the massage therapist was top notch. I honestly have no complaints about the property which is fairly rare for me
Old Mar 7, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Any recent stays there?
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:32 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Any latest review? The last one was 2011. I will be there end of this month. Interested in finding out any new developments around the area. Last time I stayed there was 3 years ago, and the surrounding area was really dead. The only thing was the exhibition hall.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: