FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1262140-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-doha-qatar.html)

mrpepesman Feb 15, 2024 5:24 am

Ritz (Port) vs St Regis Marsa

Hi,

struggling to decide where to stay next week, both are the same price for the entry level rooms with points. Any suggestions?

cookiemp Feb 15, 2024 8:09 am

I applied for an A3-ETA visa by hayya.qa and it got approved immediately. Hayya did not ask for travel dates or hotel accommodation details.

Problem is - the last date of entry into Doha is stated as 1 month from now. But I am travelling to Doha a few days AFTER 1 month. Is there a any way to ask for amendment in the last entry date?

mfadel Feb 18, 2024 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CanaryWharf (Post 34851798)
In the next 3 weeks, I will be staying in the following Marriott hotels in Doha:

St. Regis
St. Regis Marsa Arabia (New)
Ritz-Carlton Marina
Ritz-Carlton Sharq
Westin
Le Royal Meridien (New)
JW Marriott
Marriott Marquis
Sheraton Grand
W

Will post a mini-review of each property at the end of my trip as well as how the MB recognition was (I have Ambassador status).

If anyone wants me to find out something whilst on property, let me know.

Hello! Appreciate you contributing with these amazing reviews. I’m going to Doha for 3 nights (2 full/proper nights then a 7 AM departure on the last night) as the first leg on my honeymoon (onward to Maldives after that).

I booked the St Regis Marsa Arabia for 138K marriot points, I love the fact that it’s a suite property. That said, some of the 5 star hotel options such as Le Royal Meridian are 80k points for the same stay.

Which hotel would you say had the best staff, and most importantly, which had the most romantic vibe? I’m merely a Gold member, but any extra perks for status/honeymoon are certainly not expected but would be welcome.

Thanks so much in advance!

goodgirl Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm

I only saw now that CanaryWharf had offered to review certain aspects of Doha properties.

Too bad you only reviewed the Spas and not the Gyms. I would have been interested in the gym situation, especially the female gyms of all those Marriott properties.

From recent experience in Doha with Hyatt I noticed that properties have separate gyms for males and females and the female gyms were very bad, smaller, at times no windows, not the same equipment and machines as the male gyms, etc.

So I'd be interested if any Marriott property has a great gym for females.

Drwaz99 Feb 19, 2024 1:50 am

Originally Posted by goodgirl (Post 36010299)
I only saw now that CanaryWharf had offered to review certain aspects of Doha properties.

Too bad you only reviewed the Spas and not the Gyms. I would have been interested in the gym situation, especially the female gyms of all those Marriott properties.

From recent experience in Doha with Hyatt I noticed that properties have separate gyms for males and females and the female gyms were very bad, smaller, at times no windows, not the same equipment and machines as the male gyms, etc.

So I'd be interested if any Marriott property has a great gym for females.

I can only speak for the JW Marriott Marquis City Center, but when I was there last year, there was a good mix of males and females in the fitness center and nothing led me to believe that it was abnormal. Pretty good fitness center, too.

ItsAnAdam Feb 24, 2024 4:44 pm

Anyone stay here often enough to be able to guess my odds at a NUA clearing at St Regis in early May? Trying to decide between that, the Marsa Arabia, and the W (confirmed suite at the latter two, but looks like the StR is the nicer property, generally preferred by past visitors, and has tons more restaurants)

Duck1981 Mar 24, 2024 9:44 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 35757142)
It left Marriott, reverted to its original Gulf Hotel branding and joined Rixos; it's been open for about a year now.

khabah

I just came across a picture where I was sitting on the Exec Club's balcony doing some plane spotting until late.... good old times....

Duck1981 Mar 24, 2024 9:46 am

RC Doha

Hi All

any recent experience with this property? Will be there with wife and mini-me in late September / early October. Does anyone know what the occupancy rate will be that time - I hope less crowded given it'll be out of season?

D

kosy91 Mar 24, 2024 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam (Post 36027827)
Anyone stay here often enough to be able to guess my odds at a NUA clearing at St Regis in early May? Trying to decide between that, the Marsa Arabia, and the W (confirmed suite at the latter two, but looks like the StR is the nicer property, generally preferred by past visitors, and has tons more restaurants)

Originally Posted by Duck1981 (Post 36105905)
Hi All

any recent experience with this property? Will be there with wife and mini-me in late September / early October. Does anyone know what the occupancy rate will be that time - I hope less crowded given it'll be out of season?

D

I don’t think late Sept is low-season. Things start picking up October onwards so September will be busy but not crowded.

konaflyer Apr 27, 2024 6:29 pm

Doha meridian

Originally Posted by picturethemagic (Post 36193124)
We stayed at two nights at Le Royal Méridien Doha about 16 months ago. Room 6017, I think. Incredibly modern, connected to the luxe mall Place Vendome in Lusail City (truly connected, you never have to walk outside). It's fun to watch their nightly fountain show.

I did a quick room walkthrough so you can get an idea of what the accommodations are like. Hope it's useful as you plan.

https://youtu.be/pYTdDyP5KlI

Thank you so much for the video!! I missed the mall so I appreciated the fountain video too. I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton Doha and especially the Club Floor when you sat there. You can upgrade even FNCs for Club Floor access without too much expense. It was so great I returned for a second time and they upgraded me to a suite as a return guest!!!

Dr. HFH Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am

Originally Posted by picturethemagic (Post 36193124)
I did a quick room walkthrough so you can get an idea of what the accommodations are like. Hope it's useful as you plan.

Looks lovely. I particularly liked the note about your toothpaste, although I couldn't read what happened to your original tube. Very thoughtful gesture. I'll probably continue to stick with StR in Doha. I love the rooms (100% suite upgrade success rate so far), food and pool/beach areas.