Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Got a question on the 3 southernmost SPG/Marriott hotels...
Le Meridien
Westin Siray Bay
Marriott Nai Yang

looking for a) the best breakfast b) overall resort build and beauty and c) platinum upgrades
d) would be beach and view

any suggestions? Also is the Ren head and shoulders above all of them?
I have only stayed at the LM and Westin. Westin will be much better for upgrades. I preferred the LM for breakfast. Westin is near Phuket town but the surroundings are drab, The LM has an excellent beach and is near Patong which is much more lively. The Westin is very hilly and they provide golf carts to take you to the room if you dont want to walk up a hill in steaming humidity. Of the two I will always book the LM simply because I prefer Patong and the beach.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum Premier, Marriott DC Chairman's Club, BA Executive Club Silver
The Mai Khao Beach resort .(MKB) is more modern, in both age and style.
It is set back from the beach behind the Anantara hotel, so having stayed at Phuket Beach Club (PBC), this could be disappointing for you?
The ground floor units have plunge pools, which may appeal to many.
MKB guests can access paid facilities at the JW, such as spa, restaurants...but not the pools or other joint JW/PBC facilities.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance lately? I will be there next week and have a rental car. I've applied some SNA's and would like to know how the upgrade is as a current titanium member.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by CL9

The only alternative I could recommend would be the Renaissance Phuket.

We enjoy a great beach for swimming and snorkeling: Beach is nice, long, lonely, no people but swimming can be hard (I was the only person who try go swimming) really big waves and really strong current!
Very clean and modern hotel: YES, everything is clean, fresh and modern.
Good food: YES, very delicious (it is so delicious that when I stayed last time at JW Phuket I drived to Renaissance to eat there instead of eating at JW)
Romantic and relaxing: YES it is an small resort, the Pool Villas are really private (nobody can look into your area, at Naka Island people may look into your area) and 10 times better than the Naka Island Villas even when it is a lot smaller.
Thanks for the recommendation as I'm also considering to visit Phuket next month. May I ask if you know how much different is there between a Pool Villa and a Oceanfront Pool Villa? Seems the Oceanfront Pool Villa is not as private as Pool Villa which is surrounded by high wall....

Also from the official photos the private pool in the Pool Villa looks small.... Is the private pool swim-able? How's the public pool?

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:01 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by sscywong
Thanks for the recommendation as I'm also considering to visit Phuket next month. May I ask if you know how much different is there between a Pool Villa and a Oceanfront Pool Villa? Seems the Oceanfront Pool Villa is not as private as Pool Villa which is surrounded by high wall....

Also from the official photos the private pool in the Pool Villa looks small.... Is the private pool swim-able? How's the public pool?

Thanks
I never stayed in a Oceanfront Pool Villa but as I know they are the same size, the difference is only that they are located in the first row.
(but still not directly on the beach, between villa and beach is a big garden place with gras where everbody can lay down)
They have a wall too, which can opened/closed as you like.
The privacy is less in my opinion, because people who walking to the beach can maybe look inside.

The private pool is very small, maybe 4-5 meters long
Also the public pool is not very big and nothing special. If you like big pool landscape than the Renaissance is definitely the wrong place for you.
sscywong likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs

Do you have any recommendation that is under Cat 6? Pranburi Villas? JW Marriott?

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 11, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Read through a few posts. Right now I"m leaning towards Khao Lak. Off the beach snorkeling in Thailand is not great so we will rely on boat trips for snorkeling.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Just booked Naka Phuket (the Design Hotel, not the LC Naka Island) for 3 days at the end of this month which is Cat 6... Will report after my stay
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by honghong322
Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance lately? I will be there next week and have a rental car. I've applied some SNA's and would like to know how the upgrade is as a current titanium member.
How did it go? Did the SNAs clear and what did you get? Thanks.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:54 am

Just booked Naka Phuket (the Design Hotel, not the LC Naka Island) for 3 days at the end of this month which is Cat 6... Will report after my stay
I am looking forward to your review! I booked 7 nights in August with a cert for my honeymoon. Hopefully your trip goes great!
Old May 25, 2019, 2:05 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Read through a few posts. Right now I"m leaning towards Khao Lak. Off the beach snorkeling in Thailand is not great so we will rely on boat trips for snorkeling.

there is a new option of le Meridien Khao Lak. Looking at Feb 2020 which is peak season and they are offering half board rate for thb 6000, not sure of hard product as am only seeing rendering pictures but 50% less than JW in khao lak
mintcilantro and Dav77 like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:08 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Just bear in mind August is ‘green season’ in other words seriously rainy and humid. You might be better off on east coast koh Samui would have better weather
Old May 26, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Any reason the design over the LC property? I assume elites would have more perks at LC than the design hotel?
Old May 26, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I am looking for a quick weekend break solo to phuket I havent been in like 15 years so no idea where is good or not . I would like to not be too far from nightlife and any good restaurant tips or spas would be welcome as I just want R+R so hotels which have this would be ideal on the property or close by.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I am looking for a quick weekend break solo to phuket I havent been in like 15 years so no idea where is good or not . I would like to not be too far from nightlife and any good restaurant tips or spas would be welcome as I just want R+R so hotels which have this would be ideal on the property or close by.
Le Meridian, 5-10 mins drive to nightlife yet beautiful beach away from hustle and bustle. Rest far from nightlife except for one of the Marriott's but haven't been there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.