Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Madone59
You think it is better than Ginja at JW? I love that place.

Your comment about getting a UG at ren as a plat, was that a paid or award stay? My wife and I are going to go back in December of 2016 and I'd definitely move to Ren if it improved my UG chances. As plat I've gotten UG at Khao Lak JW but never Phuket.
R is getting quite booked lately with paid villa stays so upgrades are not the norm anymore.

Takien is nice indeed. I find R more authentic than JW.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Allvest
R is getting quite booked lately with paid villa stays so upgrades are not the norm anymore.

Takien is nice indeed. I find R more authentic than JW.
Good to know. We were looking at the Rayong property as we have been to Phuket twice. I may need to look into the R and make it a 3rd time.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:12 pm
Suspended

I refuse to rerturn to the JW HKT as earlier years there never upgraded as a P and really didn't care for their clientel so no idea of Ginja

paid stay (2-months ago) - once again UGed to Villa (6-years straight)

Originally Posted by Madone59
You think it is better than Ginja at JW? I love that place.

Your comment about getting a UG at ren as a plat, was that a paid or award stay? My wife and I are going to go back in December of 2016 and I'd definitely move to Ren if it improved my UG chances. As plat I've gotten UG at Khao Lak JW but never Phuket.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
JW or Renaissance Phuket?

Looking for honest feedback on either the JW or Ren in Phuket.

Two adults looking to sit on the beach, relax, use the pool, and just hang out. Maybe go to town once or twice. Best change of an upgrade? Nicer rooms? Better service? Less kids?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:38 pm
Suspended

same question asked and responded to by several posters, including me -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-thailand.html

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624

Two adults looking to sit on the beach, relax, use the pool, and just hang out. Maybe go to town once or twice. Best change of an upgrade? Nicer rooms? Better service? Less kids?

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:47 am

Can you point in the right direction of which page of the 96?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Ren hands down. Smaller, more intimate, and I got a killer upgrade (to a villa) as a Plat when we went last year.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:52 pm
Suspended

I've stayed at both albeit the JW about 7/8/9-yrs ago (and the Ren every year since).

Beach - prefer Ren
Pool - prefer JW
Upgrade - Ren as always upgraded to private pool villa (inc 3BD oceanfront villa on first visit. don't like the 1-BD oceanfront villa in back of the pool as found it to noisey - prefer interior Villas); JW- never (3 stays)
Rooms - Ren
Service - Ren
Less kids - Ren
Food - Ren (Thai is great; breakfast folks now know how to cook LEO)
Mgt - Ren (new Dutch GM very pro-active)

both of these properties are north of the airport while Phuket city is way south of the arpt so have no idea what you mean by city visit as nothing there anyhow

Overall - Ren, hands down

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:15 am

Thanks Leeky. Great points.

How about free breakfast for Plat members, or other benefits?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:30 am
Suspended

you'll find this info in Sharon's sticky.

Thanks Leeky. Great points.

How about free breakfast for Plat members, or other benefits?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
metered taxi

Took the metered taxi to the JW Marriott MK and it was 410 total with airport charge.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:31 pm
Suspended

still 20% better then previous fixed rates

Originally Posted by singtx
Took the metered taxi to the JW Marriott MK and it was 410 total with airport charge.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
New Marriott in Phuket?

I was just booking a stay at the JW Phuket for this June, and when I searched on marriott.com there was an option that was included in the results that I'm not familiar with at Nai Yang Beach (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ai-yang-beach/)

Anyone have any information regarding this property? It looks like it's a new property, as the rates offered were "Opening Offer". Pretty well priced at $3500 THB/night.

Is it a better option than the JW?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it while searching this thread.

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Best property for single guy sightseeing?

I'll be staying a week in Phuket in early May. My main goal is landscape photography and possibly guided tours. I am NOT looking to sit by the beach or swim. I'm also a Marriott Platinum.

Which Marriott property is best situated on the Island for easier access to the photogenic beaches and natural attractions?

I'm also thinking of getting a rental car while I'm there. Good, bad?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:48 am
Suspended

This is not a new built but one of the refurbs by TCC - used to be called Imperial.

Frankly, although I've never stayed here when it was the Imperial since I kinda hate the JW I'd stay here before choosing JW (but likely wind up choosing my favorite in Phuket - Renaissance)

Originally Posted by IAHflyer182
I was just booking a stay at the JW Phuket for this June, and when I searched on marriott.com there was an option that was included in the results that I'm not familiar with at Nai Yang Beach (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ai-yang-beach/)

Anyone have any information regarding this property? It looks like it's a new property, as the rates offered were "Opening Offer". Pretty well priced at $3500 THB/night.

Is it a better option than the JW?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it while searching this thread.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.