Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
We will be staying at the Renaissance Phuket in a few weeks and were informed that with two adults and two teens we needed to book two rooms (connecting). Your kids are younger, however I would still email both properties and ask.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
are you sure you're in the right thread as this is Phuket, not Kuala Lumpur?? and, if you mean Khao Lak, there is no JW in Khao Lak.....
Perhaps you meant that there is no Renaissance in Khao Lak?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I did........THXs for correcting me......

Originally Posted by coachron1
Perhaps you meant that there is no Renaissance in Khao Lak?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
I just returned from the JW Phuket - was there from 12/13 - 12/17 and everyday was clear, blue skies
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by GodErnst
I just returned from the JW Phuket - was there from 12/13 - 12/17 and everyday was clear, blue skies
sweet !! i'll be there in a week , woot ! can't wait
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Arrived today at JW Phuket, got upgraded to a suite on the pool level - but not a personal pool or hot tub. Using points as Platinum.

Weather is perfect, pools are great, especially the Main pool for our two young kids. South pool seems best for adults. North pool is a mix.

Only complaint day 1 was the tiny blue crab at Ginga, I never did find any meat, and it wasn't until I gave up that the waiter offered a tool to try to help. We were the first ones there at 6 pm, but were harassed for not having a reservation - we had to promise to be done by 8 pm - with two kids?

Turns out they took as long as possible to take our order, then to serve us, then to serve drinks, by the time our order finally arrived after 7:30 the kids were bouncing off the walls to leave. Lighting was poor, couldn't see the food or had lights glaring in our eyes. We asked the waitress if there is a kid-friendly restaurant at the JW, she didn't seem to understand. Dinner was frustrating, but everything else is so perfect we're already over it.

Can anyone recommend a good Thai restaurant outside of the JW, or a kid friendly place? Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:56 am
Suspended

Thai Rest at the nearby Renaissance is excellent (take the tuk-tuk over) but ONLY open for dinner......try the kanah moo grob, IMO best in TH.....

Originally Posted by cmcdanie
Arrived toda

y at JW Phuket, got upgraded to a suite on the pool level - but not a personal pool or hot tub. Using points as Platinum.

Weather is perfect, pools are great, especially the Main pool for our two young kids. South pool seems best for adults. North pool is a mix.

Only complaint day 1 was the tiny blue crab at Ginga, I never did find any meat, and it wasn't until I gave up that the waiter offered a tool to try to help. We were the first ones there at 6 pm, but were harassed for not having a reservation - we had to promise to be done by 8 pm - with two kids?

Turns out they took as long as possible to take our order, then to serve us, then to serve drinks, by the time our order finally arrived after 7:30 the kids were bouncing off the walls to leave. Lighting was poor, couldn't see the food or had lights glaring in our eyes. We asked the waitress if there is a kid-friendly restaurant at the JW, she didn't seem to understand. Dinner was frustrating, but everything else is so perfect we're already over it.

Can anyone recommend a good Thai restaurant outside of the JW, or a kid friendly place? Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:18 pm

Wifi at JW marriot phuket

Anyone know what and how much it cost for internet at the JW phuket? i don't have any status so was wondering what are our options for wifi there.

thanks !
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:24 pm
Suspended

ALL MR members provided free in-room Internet.....

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
Anyone know what and how much it cost for internet at the JW phuket? i don't have any status so was wondering what are our options for wifi there.

thanks !
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:59 pm

ALL MR members provided free in-room Internet.....

really? i thought it was gold status and above that got free wifi...
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:16 pm
Suspended

in Thailand, and I think most if not all of asia, it's ALL (even those w no status) MR members....
http://www.businesstraveller.com/asi...ternet-in-asia

Outside of Asia Pacific region complimentary internet is only applicable for Gold and Platinum elite members at JW Marriott, Renaissance and Marriott hotels.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 19, 2013 at 10:22 pm
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
It is free. I am at the Ren and visited the JW as well. No charge. I think just need to accept T&Cs.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by cmcdanie

Get one of the local taxis to take you to Kin Dee which is a local place across the main highway. This is a family run place with great Thai food. Not fancy in any way at all but good food.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:31 am

in Thailand, and I think most if not all of asia, it's ALL (even those w no status) MR members....
http://www.businesstraveller.com/asi...ternet-in-asia

Outside of Asia Pacific region complimentary internet is only applicable for Gold and Platinum elite members at JW Marriott, Renaissance and Marriott hotels.
thank you !!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Is the baby elephant still showing up at the JW? If so, at what time (approx.)?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.