Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Boulder Marriott, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS

I have a W-F business trip in 2 weeks that I want to extend for 3 more days over the weekend. I am staying for biz at the DEN Gateway Marriott which is a great property even if it's in the middle of nowhere (at least there is a good Ted's Montana Grill within easy walking distance.)

My parents both went to CU and I've been in the area before but except when I was a kid and staying with relatives, have never been there overnight. I like the 28th St area and always hit the REI and so on but know nothing about the Marriott. Decent or a little tired like some properties in college towns? The CL factor isn't important because I won't get there until Friday night. I think this property is in the same general shopping center area I'm familiar with off 28th.

A buddy is also going to stay over and he and I are going to drive to Summit County and do an easy 14er (Quandary Peak) but may opt for Mt of the Holy Cross via Vail Mtn Resort (great rates right now) where I've stayed a number of times before.

Unless it's a dump I would prefer basing in Boulder, so I would appreciate some input.

Last edited by AATrout; Aug 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Stayed there recently. It's a decent place. Its about 10 minutes from the Pearl Street Mall and a 10 minute walk from good parks. You're right about the location -- its near a shopping area that has some decent restaurants.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Since my initial post I've had stays at both the Boulder Marriott and the Renaissance Flatiron (Broomfield) down the road off Rte 36. Both were excellent.

Ren is a modern all-suites setup. Easy access and free parking - plenty of it. No CL but was given a breakfast buffet voucher for weekdays. Flatz, the restaurant is very good. Really big lobby and lounge chairs for reading and relaxing. FITCEN has free weights and monitors. When you are finishing that workout in the outdoor spa, you are observed by a couple of dozen prairie dogs sunning themselves in the adjacent open space. Nice staff. 2 LCDs and a small fridge in the suites.

Boulder Marriott is an older property with a CL. Smaller but updated rooms. Walkable to just about anywhere downtown. Parking onsite is reasonable at $9/day. Great staff. Not a large common area or lobby for relaxing, but it's nice to just walk a block and grab a coffee or in my case, a few more for an REI visit. FITCEN is about the same as the Ren.

Both worked for me; the Ren may have much better pricing on weekend deals//
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
The Marriott has a better location if you're looking for the downtown Boulder experience, but having stayed at both properties in the past year I found the Renaissance far, FAR superior. It's an amazingly nice property!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:00 pm
AMA

The Marriott in Boulder used to vary widely on pricing - seems any/every CU 'event' meant the rates were really jacked up, as it's such a small hotel.

That said, I like the location there much more than other hotels directly in Boulder. And, specific to MH, the Courtyard & Residence Inn, both out on the Diagonal, are a bit farther out than I prefer, and by now are probably fairly old and tired(I used to stay out there some in the early 90's).
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Any recent stays?

Any more recent stays and reviews for the Boulder Marriott?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't have any recent stay experience, but google brought this up dated August 2015:

"After almost a year of extensive redesign, the transformation of the lobby, lobby bar & lounge, restaurant, M Club and Fitness Center at the Boulder Marriott is now complete."

Doesn't say anything about room renovation.

The M Lounge says open 24/7, but doesn't indicate if it's open fully on the weekends (aka Fri & Sat nights too) or just open for brekkie on the weekends.

On-site parking is $16/day.

Property is a Cat 8.

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Just completed a one-night stay here, so a couple of notes/updates to add:

1. M Club is on the lobby level and open 24/7 for beverages, coffee, chips/snacks. Breakfast is 7 days, and evening service is Sun-Thurs.
2. We were on the fifth floor and our room was definitely not renovated. The first four rooms on that floor and the hallway up to that point had been updated, but no work appeared ongoing.
3. Downtown/Pearl Street is just over a mile.
4. Lots of nearby construction, appears to be office/hotel and including a Residence Inn.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I had a great stay for a week some years ago including a nice suite upgrade.

The CL had a great outdoor rooftop sitting area IIRC so that is a downgrade IMO.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Staying here now. EVERYTHING is closed Sun + Mon. No bar. No restaurant, nothing. Ok, yeah, it's Boulder so lots of options but this is meant to be a full service hotel and I had more amenities in the Courtyard in Iowa City we stayed at a few nights ago. At a time when folks are questioning loyalty in a post (kinda) COVID-19 world this is a poor show.

Lounge is open 24/7. Fridge with water/juice. Some snacks etc..

Really wished I would have booked the RI across the road. Or switched to Hilton et al.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Just finished a stay at the Marriott in Boulder. Rooms are brand new—they’re a little spartan for my taste, but all in all fine. Pool was nice, although very small (don’t plan on getting any exercise in it).

The hotel seemed understaffed, even though most of the services were closed. No restaurant, and very limited bar service. Front desk team tried hard, but were sprinting around desperately trying to keep their heads above water, and good luck with things like luggage help (although does anyone need that these days?).

Guest mask compliance was 2/3 at best.

I’d stay there again at normal room rates. But when things get expensive, it’s not the best value out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.